Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Choice ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here's the next chapter! Enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series, but the original characters Gala and Amera belong to ME!
 
 
Choice
 
This was not good…Not good indeed. Sasuke had managed to pursued Lord Hyuga to let team Hebi stay, stating that their skills would prove useful to the cause. Neiji knew the real reason as to why they stayed. Having team Hebi here granted Sasuke more power over Sakura and Naruto…power he didn't need.
 
The Uchiha wanted to make things difficult…Fine, Neiji liked difficult anyway.
 
At the moment, Neiji was training with his ancestor, Hotaru, alongside Hinata. Hotaru-sama had said the two needed extra training for they were wielding enormous power between them.
It had to be true, for their training was supervised by the wind ancestor, Haruka. The cross-dresser watched intensely as they trained while in their transformed states. It would take Neiji a while to get used to seeing Lady Hinata in the…strange attire of a Sailor Senshi
 
Their training complete, Neiji thought it best to see how Naruto and Sakura were doing. He found the blonde boy training with Lord Hyuga, a strange thing to see. Lord Hyuga never allowed anyone other than his own clan to train with him; it was only due to the fact that Naruto was of the moon clan that he was privileged to train with the clan lord.
 
Knowing Naruto was being well taken care of, Neiji went out to locate his main charge, Sakura. The girl was very hard to find, for she was not in her room nor in any other room in the manor. He no choice but to use his Byakugon to locate the pink haired girl.
 
Now that his body was running on his star seed, Neiji had discovered that the Byakugon had changed. He was able to see at a much further distance than before and was also able to recognize the difference between a star seed and chakra. Chakra was usually blue in color, but star seeds held their own colors.
 
Case in point, Sakura.
 
Her star seed was weak but there, glowing lightly with white light. It was to be expected that her star seed wasn't as bright as the others', for hers was connected with the sliver crystal. It was very surprising to him that she would take on such a powerful object into her body. This made Neiji's task evident, for Sasuke knew what was to befall Sakura. That was the only reason why the Uchiha had proposed to her in the first place.
 
Neiji found the pink haired princess sitting on a bench in the main household's garden. It was all well and good to him, she had other matters to train for that were far more important than physical combat, like learning how to be a ruler.
 
He went into the garden but stopped. It wasn't the flowers that stopped him, nor was it the peaceful surroundings.
 
It was Sakura, dressed in the robes of his clan that got his attention.
 
With her hair placed upon her head in an intricate design, the robes of his clan upon her form and the symbol of her clan glowing slightly on her forehead, Sakura looked the part her position demanded. A butterfly had landed on the girl's lap, a rare thing to happen. She smiled, cupped the bug in her hand and let it go into the air. The site made Neiji's heart stop beating.
 
“Those robes don't fit her very well.” Neiji glared at the Uchiha who was currently leaning against the wall beside him. The Uchiha was smirking. “She would look better in Uchiha robes.”
 
“Perhaps…” Neiji had to remind himself to be calm around the Uchiha. “Why would it matter to you, anyway?”
 
“Because she's going to be my wife.” Sasuke seemed very sure of himself. “Why would YOU care either? She's just a girl.” he raised an eyebrow. “Unless the Hyuga genius is falling for a girl that's way out of his league…”
 
Neiji's fists clenched beside him.
 
“What makes you think YOU are worthy of her, Uchiha?” Neiji asked.
 
The Uchiha chuckled. “Because I've known her longer…” He pushed himself off the wall. “You should start treating me a little bit better, Hyuga. I'll be your King someday. Better get used to it now…Wouldn't want you to get a heart attack when it happens.” He started toward Sakura, however he was blocked by a glaring Neiji.
 
“I will not allow the likes of you to use Sakura-hime for your selfish reasons.” Neiji stated. “Leave now.”
 
“But I can't, Neiji…” Sasuke replied. “I'm one of her protectors, like you. Remember?” He pushed past Neiji. “Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to spend time with my future wife.”
 
“She has not accepted your proposal, Uchiha…”
 
Sasuke smirked. “Not yet.”
 
Neiji watched the Uchiha approach the moon girl. He spoke kind words to her, causing a red blush to grace her cheeks. Taking her hand, he helped her up and guided her away.
 
This was indeed the most difficult mission Neiji had ever been told to complete. Sasuke had Sakura wrapped around his little finger, or so it seemed that way. This mission was entrusted to Neiji, Lord Hyuga was relying on him to help Sakura make the right decisions for the world. Marrying Sasuke Uchiha was definitely not a right decision.
 
There had to be some way to get her away from the Uchiha.
 
“The Uchiha is a problem.” The Kazekage appeared in a small whirlwind of sand. “He cannot win.”
 
Neiji nodded in agreement. Though Gaara was of Hikari, he was still the Kazekage. Neiji had to treat him as such.
 
“What do you suggest we do, Lord Kazekage?” Neiji asked.
 
Gaara frowned. “I am unsure…I am…not sure of how to handle this type of situation.”
 
“Might I make a suggestion? It appears we should direct Sakura-chan's…feelings…towards someone more appropriate.” Sai had come into the conversation. He bowed in apology. “I had overheard your conversation and I agree…Sasuke Uchiha is indeed a problem that must be handled.”
 
Gaara raised an eyebrow. “Your advice sounds promising.” He paused. “I believe someone within our group would make better accompaniment than the Uchiha brat.”
 
Neiji blushed a little. “You believe we should allow her the choice?”
 
Gaara nodded. “It's more than what the Uchiha is giving her. I have never really known you that much until now, but I have decided you would be far better than the brat Uchiha. Anyone would be better than that brat. Hence…” He paused, a little uncomfortable as his next statement fell from his lips, “I believe if we all try, she will at least have a choice to make.”
 
Sai smiled his emotionless smile. “Agreed.”
 
Again, Neiji agreed with the Kazekage and now Sai. It was clear how to complete this mission. It was quite uncomfortable for Neiji, but it was the best course of action. He was glad he wasn't alone with his thoughts because the Kazekage looked uncomfortable as well.
 
Neiji knew though, that Sai already had an advantage. The boy had previously been on Sakura's team. The Hyuga boy knew exactly was Sai's game was…Sai could not be allowed to win over Sakura, or ROOTS would take over.
 
It was decided then. For the sake of all, Neiji Hyuga had to make Sakura Haruno fall in love with himself.
 
The Hyuga boy only hoped he could pull it off, before it was too late.
 
 
Next Time: Portrait
 
Let the Love games begin! ::grins::