Naruto Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Dimensional Warriors: Shadow's Story ❯ Regrouping ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I ground to a halt, I was back in the woods, the climate was warmer too. What was more, just ahead was a mountain plated in diamond. I hefted the unconscious man up a bit and walked up to it. There was no way this was a natural structure. I made a very precise warp and found myself inside a long tunnel. There were a couple of people around, who just stared at me. One ran off quickly and the other moved towards me.

“Kuonji, Ukyo.” She said, holding her hand out. She was tall for a human female, her hair fell to about her waist and she was wearing a short cut blue robe. Most notably though was the enormous spatula strapped to her backside. “Let me help you with that.” She said, hefting the unconscious man onto her shoulders. “The first aid stations are this way.” A little baffled, I followed her.

“Vegeta!?” One of women helping out was quite audible when we arrived. She had short blue hair, and was wearing a lab coat. “What happened to him?” She looked from Ukyo down to me. “It was you wasn't it?”

“Bulma please.”

“You little furballs are all over the place.”

“Bulma he was carrying Vegeta in when I found him.” She shot me a nasty look, then turned away quietly. I could feel a bad atmosphere filling the room and backed out.

“So you finally made it?” I heard a familiar cocky voice. Behind me was what I always considered to be nature's irony. Sonic the Hedgehog. I had been built to use the Chaos Emerald's power, he was born to; and it always bothered me. Then again he always bothered me regardless.

“I was busy.”

“You always are. What'd you find out?”

“Eggman's alive, and holding some sort of sway over this whole ordeal.”

“I didn't think Eggman had the tools to do something like this.” I heard a smaller voice pipe up from behind Sonic. His constant companion, a yellow furred fox with two tails named oddly enough Tails.

“I don't think he did. It sounded like he was working for someone else. But I think he knows we're alive now and has a new batch of bots for us.”

“For the best then, I'm getting tired of cutting through hollow steel.” Sonic said. “Which reminds me, I'm on the next scouting group. See you.”

“Let's go get you a room then.” Tails said, grabbing me by the arm.

“I'd rather not stay.” I took my arm back.

“It's a war zone out there, no one is allowed to leave unless its to scout for food and survivors. We have a lot of innocent people here and we need all the strength we can get.” I sighed.

“Fine, then I would talk to your technical crew, I found some information they might find interesting.” I pulled out a small memory drive I had found in that first console. Tails grabbed at it.

“I'll take it to them, some of them are none to happy with... well us Mobians at least.”

“What happened around here?” I said, following Tails.

“Well, so far we've figured out that many different worlds got smashed together about three weeks ago. However many of those worlds were very different from each other in terms of population size and species. I can't say when exactly we started having problems, but it definitely started a week after Metudo barred people from leaving on their own. The people that could go out on scouting missions seem to still be handling things well enough, but the regular citizenry has become very divided. The humans, the demons, the Mobians, and the Shinigami have become the main groups. Most of the hate mongering comes from the humans, but it has begun to affect everyone.”

“So I take it that one girl, Ukyo, is a fighter?”

“Yes, she's not one of our top, but she is pretty formidable with that spatula. I heard she managed to knock Zoro out once. Though people are calling that a lucky hit.” Rather than question him further I let him ramble for a while.

“And here we are, center of technology.” The outside of the room was unnoticeable, much like everywhere else in this place, but just inside was a maze of lights and machinery.

“Ah Tails, back already? I thought you were going out with the next scouting group for some more copper wires.” A young man was working at a bench in the back, he never looked up.

“Yeah, but a new friend popped up, and he's been out spying on the enemy.”

“Oh, new information?”

“Yep, he even got it on a flash drive.” Now the young man turned, lifting his goggles to get a better look.

“Here, let me see.” He took the drive and pulled back the sleeve of his coat. I saw cold steel where his arm should be, but he just inserted the drive without a second thought. “Interesting.”

“What?”

“Wel l this confirms my theory that someone is actually reconstructing this planet to their own design. But more interesting is the false sky above us. I had been wondering why despite the planet becoming larger we still had regular twenty-four hour days. In fact more regular than normal. Huh, also some form of climate control.”

“He also saw Eggman working with the enemy.”

“Not surprising, after the merging, many demons in particular joined the other side. Probably not helping our own demonic allies with their prejudice thing.” Tails sighed.

“You know that's a really big problem. Everyone's fighting each other, and we've got really big issues on our hands.”

“It's just the civilians fighting each other. It'll calm down once they can spread out and claim their own turf.” Tails just shook his head and motioned to me.

“Come on, I'll take you to the Mobian quarters. We can get you a room.”

We traveled a good distance before we came into a wide cavern. The ground had been shaped to make room for houses, so it almost looked like a village shanty; complete with the word Mobian's scratched out of the rock and under it Furries.

“Don't... don't mind the markings. Odin is coming down tonight to fix that.” Tails said, blushing a little before heading down a slight hill. As we reached the center of the village a commotion had been stirred up.

“Shadow, we should've guessed you'd be okay.” I heard someone say nearby. I spotted Knuckles resting on a slightly elevated hill.

“Is the Master Emerald alright?” I asked, recalling the ruin of Floating Island.

“Yeah, I got it installed as a new generator. Normally I don't like to do that, but we're in a tough place, and the Emerald asked to let it help.” I remembered something else.

“Tails, I have these for you.” I said, holding out the two gems I had been carrying around.

“That's one of the Chaos Emeralds right!” Tails said grabbing the normal Emerald. “We set up the Master Emerald chamber much like the ruins, so there are places to put these, we could generate enough power to maybe even finish some sort of cannon!”

“This one's also a Chaos Emerald.” I said, holding out the larger one.

“What!?” Knuckles hopped down next to me to get a better look. “It's not giving off the same energy as the other Chaos Emeralds.”

“I know. I retrieved this from Eggman. He had this weird orange ball thing and the two collided with each other.”

“You mean a Dragon Ball?” I looked to the source of the voice and saw Princess Sally approaching. “It was bright orange, fits in the palm of your hand and had rust colored stars in the center?”

“Yeah.” She leaned over, looking at the crystal. “Three Stars.” She muttered than lifted it from my hand. A second later her fur was standing on end and trying to change hues; I quickly took it back.

“What was that?” Tails asked, closing in now.

“It's one of the interesting things about this crystal, it's got far more energy than a regular Emerald, and its more accessible. Unlike normal Chaos Emeralds, this will allow anyone to tap into the energy. In fact with this one alone I'm able to enter my Super form.” Tails carefully picked it up. I could see his fur shifting from the power burst.

“I'm going to get these down to Tech's lab, I think we have the Dragon Ball we found down there.” He said, rushing off.

“I'll get you signed on as present, you'll probably be able to go out on the next scout group.” Sally said, turning and heading into an actual hut. Knuckles clasped my shoulder.

“Good to see you again. It'll be nice having someone that isn't as loud as blue boy.”

Sally wasted no time in putting me into rotation. I was grateful for that, it was hard to be cramped with almost nothing to do. I had tried to work in the labs, but I soon found out that one woman, Bulma, worked down there and moonlighted to the med bay when they were short on staff. She seemed to be okay with Tails and Rotor working down there, but apparently didn't trust me.

Then again I found out the man I saved was a bit of a prick as well. He didn't even wait to fully recover before taking over a training chamber, and literally beating anyone stupid enough to challenge him. Even wounded there were only very few who managed to fight evenly with him. Apparently someone named Goku could beat him on a regular basis, but no one had seen him for over a week.

Which was interesting when he showed up during one of my scouting missions.

We were supposed to be gathering supplies, food, clothing, metals, all the while looking out for any remaining survivors; despite the fact that Metudo had pretty much confirmed that ninety-eight percent of the remaining population was now inside the base.

Regardless things were moving smoothly when I felt a ripple run through the earth.

“D-Does anyone else feel that?” One of my companions, Krillen, said cautiously. The other two, a girl named Orihime who could heal, and a bulky man named Choji looked around carefully. Some of the people in the base could sense creatures with high energy readings. Which sounds more helpful than it is. Solarus have so little energy they can't really be tracked. However now Krillen was looking around frantically; even I could feel something, like an invisible pressure hanging over my head.

I looked to Orihime.

“Had me the Chaos Crystal.” I held out my hand, after the initial studies, it was decided the scouting group would take what had been dubbed the Chaos Crystal with them on their missions. It had already saved a few groups, now it was going to save ours.

As she held it out, it vanished. I heard it chink against the ground a few feet away. At the same time a familiar figure loomed into view. The creature I had seen at the base, the one that had chased me.

“Lucky day.” It said, standing between me and Orihime. “I had hoped I would get a chance to finish off the one that got away.” It looked over at the fallen Crystal. “And this time you won't have your magic toy.” Pain shot through my skull as my feet left the ground. I hadn't even seen it move.

I hit the ground rolling, and turned that into an advantage. Rather than slow down I balled up to increase my speed. While I made a wide loop I tried to pin point my target, but I couldn't feel its presence; until my arm felt like it shattered.

My spin stopped and I could see I had been punted into the air, where I had just been the creature stood, watching my arc. Gravity finally took control, and I felt my spine shudder against something, before being dropped to the ground. I felt blood in my mouth, but ignored it as I pushed against the ground, my body screaming. A sudden pressure on my back forced me back into the dirt.

“Not as fun as I had hoped. I guess you're really nothing without your toys.” I could feel the cold steel grinding into me. The last thing I remembered was the pressure leaving my back and a tall man standing against this creature.
Converting /tmp/phpmxqIiG to /dev/stdout