Naruto Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Strange New World ❯ Dusk of Akatsuki ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Dusk of Akatsuki

Disclaimer: See Chapter 1


Fukuro's eyes flickered open, and quickly shut once more when the light hit them. "You're lucky that it was us that found you." A familiar voice said. "You shouldn't have left the compound. Where did you go anyway?" Fukuro felt the light fade ascurtains were drawn over the window, and he opened his eyes once more, staring directly at the back of his younger brother. "Do you even remember?" The eldest Uchiha shook his head. "This could be bad, surely you knew that going out in the moonlight of the full moon would affect you so."

"What can I say, Itachi, I'm ever the optomist." Fukuro said. "What can you tell me about how you found me. Maybe it would jog some memories." Fukuro doubted it though. He shouldn't have gone out the previous day. He knew that specific natural phenomina affected the Mangekyo Sharingan users, so why had he left? Then he started to remember. "I needed to tell Sasuke." He mumbled. "But somehow I don't think I got that far, I don't even know if I made it to Konoha or not." The memories flooded through his mind. "Oh shit."

"What?" Itachi asked, seeing Fukuro's eyes widen in shock, horror, and was it fear? "Do you remember something?"

"Unfortunately so." Fukuro said. "I don't think I'll be going back to Konoha any time soon." He winced. "I think that I got on the wrong side of the Hatchibi no Orochi." He heard Itachi chuckle. "It's not funny, Itachi, he will kill me. I think I could have fucked his fox." Itachi laughed harder.

"Orochimaru will not be pleased." Itachi said. "The tailed beasts are said to be protective over what they see as theirs, I doubt that Orochimaru is any different." He loved the look on his brother's face. "Maybe he will be hunting you down, you can never be too certain with snakes, especially as he is said to have a direct telepathic link with them." He loved teasing his brothers, it didn't matter which brother it was either.

"You have yet to tell me what you want me for." Fukuro said as Itachi threw him a towel and some toiletries.

"Clean yourself up, myself and Kisame have to answer to the leader today, but I am sure that he would like to see you once you are clean." Itachi then threw him one of the robes for Akatsuki members. "Tie your hair back, it's best that as few members as possible knows of your existance as possible. Otherwise you look just like I do, just try not to look at them directly, and keep your sentences short and curt, you know, to the point."

"I get the point." Fukuro said as he caught the robe. "Don't do anything that you wouldn't do." He saw Itachi smirk as he left to meet up with Kisame. "Obnoxious prick."


The Kyubi team were told to enter the leader's room. "Where have you been?" The leader asked from the shadows as Itachi and Kisame knelt before him. "Nobody heard anything from you for a while, and then you waltz back in here as though you were heroes."

"We were trying to get the kyubi." Itachi said. "He just... got lost in transit, that's all."

"Got lost, the great Itachi lost something!" The leader bellowed. "You will just have to go and get him again." He walked over to Itachi. "I mean it, go and get him."

Itachi could se some movement in the darkness of the room, and in the dim light he could see the Sharingan gleam like two spots of blood. "But, leader, I brought you a gift." Itachi said. He saw the robe move closer. "If you look behind you, you will see what it is." The leader of Akatsuki didn't trust Itachi one little bit, no matter how sincere he was. 'Damn it, he isn't falling for it.' Itachi thought, his Sharingan eyes changing to Mangekyo Sharingan. 'I may have to do it myself after all.' Then he heard his brother's voice.

"Aren't you curious as to what has been brought back for you?" Fukuro asked, and the leader suddenly turned around.

"Ita..." He was cut off by being caught in a hypnotic trance.

"Why does everyone think that I'm you?" Fukuro asked as Itachi got to his feet.

"It doesn't matter." Itachi said as he pulled the kunai that he had hidden in his sleeve out. "As long as the three of us know that you are the evil one its all fine." Fukuro gave a sadistic grin at that.

"Just hurry up and get it over with." Fukuro snapped as he grabbed the leader of the Akatsuki and held him tightly, turning him from the hypnotic effects of the Sharingan. He knew the moment that he had become aware, with the struggling against his grip.

"Well, leader, looks like you are outdone." Itachi said. "I never really liked taking orders from you." He smiled coldly. "I think the world would be happier without you." With that he thrust the kunai into the struggling body, watching as the thick blood flowed freely from the wound. Eventually the old leader of the Akatsuki died. Itachi wiped the blade on the man's cloak before secreting it away once more. "I believe that I should introduce myself to my men." Itachi said with a smirk at the fallen leader. He walked to the door, and opened it, and saw Sasori and Deidara standing guard. "Sasori, Deidara, clear my office." Itachi said, seeing the shocked looks of both... artists. He looked at Fukuro again and threw him the ring that he had worn before he took the ring of the deceased leader. "Well, quit standing there, gaping and get to it." He left the room, Kisame and Fukuro following him, the latter pulling out the tie that held his hair back. "Kisame, call the other members to a meeting." Itachi said, then he faced Fukuro. "You are going to be Kisame's partner now." He said. "He is much more experienced than most of the other members, and I trust him and you to watch my back."

"Of course, brother." Fukuro said, looking over his shoulder at the blond. "I hope that you will be giving introductions later too."

"Forgotten Orochimaru's kitsune already?" Itachi asked. "Deidara would be quite happy to have you in his bed, however Sasori wouldn't be so happy about that. You wouldn't be the first one to get on Sasori's bad side because of a facination with that blond." Itachi thought for a moment. "I don't think that anybody in Akatsuki is actually single. Sorry, brother."


It didn't take long for the members to assemble to greet their new leader. Itachi could hear the quiet unsettlement as they wondered what would happen. "Settle down." It was as though a blanket had been thrown down on the members. "Before I take over where the late leader left off, I can assure you that things are not going to change." Itachi said. "We are going to spend more time trying to get the remaining bijuu. We already know that Konoha is home to at least three of the bijuu, the Ichibi no Shukaku, the Hatchibi no Orochi anf the Kyuubi no Kitsune. We cannot attack Konoha as yet, not without seperating at least the Orochi and the Kyuubi. Although the pair is natural enemies, there is nothing preventing them from fighting together against a mutual enemy. With the Shukaku there, they have a weaker, but still present, ally. There is also a possible fourth in the village, my brother mentioned that Orochimaru, whom we know for certain that is the Orochi after the attack on the Hokage over a year ago, since he was able to utilise the Kusanagi. Fukuro, here, believes that he has a gobi no kitsune accompanying him." There was quiet murmurings in the group. "We need to confirm that though." He then started walking towards the exit.

"Where are you going, Itachi-sama?" Zetsu asked. "You shouldn't leave the building." Itachi stopped and slowly turned around. Both Fukuro and Kisame knew what was going to happen and looked away, Zetsu wasn't aware until it was too late. A moment later and he was screaming on the floor.

"Do not tell me what I can and cannot do." Itachi said, releasing the ex-Kusagakure from Tsukiyomi. "That is your only warning, I do not want to lose you as you are a very valuble ally, however I am not afraid to kill you. Fukuro, is as powerful as I am, and I know that I also have Kisame's support." He looked at the pair. "They will make sure that you do not get into any trouble." He continued on his path. "Don't follow me, you don't want to end up like the old leader do you?"


Itachi soon found himself at Konoha, but remained outside the gates until nightfall. With the fall of night, Itachi entered Konoha, immediately making his way towards where his Clan once resided. He knew that he would find his brother there, in the Uchiha mansion.

Sasuke looked out the window, and could see a form skulking outside. Curious to why this stranger was inside the compound, Sasuke left the mansion. It didn't take long to realise that the stranger was no stranger. "What do you want?" Sasuke asked.

"Well, my little brother, I came for a chat." Itachi said as he started to walk towards one of the unoccupied houses. "Don't worry, I won't be staying long. Please walk with me." Sasuke walked at Itachi's side. "Did you feel okay two nights ago?" He asked, and realised that Sasuke had stopped. "I guess that you felt strange then." He said. "Fukuro tried to get to you, to warn you, but ended up in a spot of bother." He opened the first door and entered, Sasuke following him. "Certain events causes emotional turmoil in Mangekyo Sharingan users, things like the full moon, solar eclipses and thunder storms."

"Is that all you came to tell me?" Sasuke asked, fighting off a small blush.

"Don't be so impatient." Itachi said. "I have come to tell you the progress of Akatsuki..."

"Then you should speak to Tsunade-sama." Sasuke said. "She is the one to know, not me."

"Like I could get any closer to the Hokage than this." Itachi snorted. "Have you forgotten what everybody thinks of me?"

"If you stay here, I'll get her to come to you." Sasuke said. "She knows about Fukuro and..."

"Very well, get her, I'll remain here." Itachi butted in. "Go and get her."

Sasuke soon returned with Tsunade. "Uchiha Itachi, what a surprise." Tsunade said as she closed the door behind her. "Sasuke said that you have some news for me." Itachi showed her his right thumb.

"I'm the new leader of Akatsuki." He said simply. "I came to tell you what our plans are, and then it will be up to you whether you get involved in stopping us or not."

"Why are you telling me this?" Tsunade asked. "We are on opposite sides of this war." Itachi smiled.

"I was giving you fair warning. You may wish to collect the remaining bijuu before we can. To clarify, we have one third of the number available." Itachi said, "You also have one third of the number in this village alone." He walked towards the door. "I am going to go now." He said.

"Itachi-san." Tsunade said, halting the departing Uchiha. "Why did you wait so long to take over Akatsuki?" Itachi turned to look at her. "You could have done so at the beginning, couldn't you?" Itachi walked back into the room.

"Even I fear the future, Hokage-sama." Itachi said. "No matter how strong an individual is, there is always one stronger. To boost strength we live in groups. Akatsuki is one of the strongest groups there is." He stared into her eyes. "There are those that desire only the deaths of those with Kekkai Genkai abilities. They have been quite successful in destroying a number of clans, almost destroying the Uchiha Clan also. I am not going to sit back and allow them to destroy me, nor my family any more than they have already done." A moment later and Itachi disappeared.