Naruto Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Flux ❯ Do the ogre shuffle! ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: I was going to change this chapter, because I know eventually Kurama can change into his full form. However, it suits my purposes to NOT have him change fully. So, although I am fully aware that he can change, I wrote this for directly after the Tournament, thinking he would need some kind of "aid" to change instead of the potion.

^_^ Hope you still like the chapter and have interest in reading the next!

Disclaimer: I thought I had written a tolerably good story, but it does slightly disappoint me. All I can say in my defense is that Yu Yu and Naruto are not mine, and I am not making a profit off this. I think I am relieved. Aren't you?

ONWARD!!

~~~Koenma's Office~~

"Lord Koenma, sir!"

"Yes, Yes What Is It? What NOW?"

"Uh" The blue ogre stopped in the middle of the room, in front of the giant desk, and looked around, his head just short of going around full circle. No Koenma. `What is he doing now?' "Uh, sir?"

"YES?"

"Where are you, Koenma, Sir?"

"Grrr, Step forward two steps -

The ogre did so.

"To your left, sideways, four steps -

The ogre sashayed four steps left

"Step backwards two steps-

The ogre did so.

"To your right, sideways, four steps

The ogre did so, sashaying once again, sweat starting to pour from his features

"Uh, Lord-

"Quiet!!"

"Yes, sir"

"Now, turn around."

The ogre turned, only to come face to face with a smirking Kurama, and next to him, a very angry Koenma.

"What the blazes were you hoping to accomplish by running past me and pushing me down like that, you stupid ogre?!!"

"That was you, Koenma, sir?" the ogre was practically screeching.

"Yes, now get out! If you had done your job right, and paid attention, I wouldn't be the one escorting Kurama in here!!! Get Out!"

"Yes, sir!" The ogre saluted and with relief filling his face at his narrow escape from punishment, raced out of the office as fast as he could.

Koenma sighed and went to his desk. He looked up at Kurama and blinked, "So Kurama, I gather you are here because you sensed the portal?"

Kurama looked shocked, so Koenma took this as a sign of acknowledgement, "I am not surprised you did." "It is good that you have your full senses." "I am very encouraged at this, it is very fortunate that they have not dulled, and it is also good this wasn't a serious matter." "Your abilities were tested and no repercussions came of it, you can return to Earth." Koenma started shuffling papers, obviously very pleased with himself. But, he soon looked up, his eyebrow raised, because Kurama was not moving.

"Kurama?"

"Lord Koenma, I did not sense it"

Koenma looked incredulous. "You didn't sense it?"

"No, sir, I felt and sensed nothing"

"Hum" Koenma mused. Then he looked like he had been pinched. He gurgled out, "Why are you here then?"

Kurama walked forward, his head bowed slightly, "Sir, I didn't sense it, but I believe something did happen," Kurama paused "in fact I think someone came through it."

"What???!"

Koenma was now shrieking.

"Through it? Something came through it?! Impossible!"

Koenma bounced and flailed around on his seat in excitement, and all Kurama could do was stand there. He remained calm and waited.

Koenma's mood suddenly reversed, and Kurama watched as he started muttering and flipping through a curious red book on his desk.

"Maybe not impossible, but downright rare, that's for sure" He was saying. "I wonder - hum."

Kurama was getting tired, but he didn't show it.

Koenma finally looked up.

"A person came through?"

"Yes, a young boy." Kurama answered.

"Alive?" "Seemingly normal?"

"Yes, very healthy, in fact. I left him with Yusuke, he seemed harmless."

"Hum." Koenma mused. "We need to send him back."

"Yes."

Koenma hopped down from his chair and walked to Kurama as he talked, "This is going to take some time to research. Go on back to Yusuke and help him with the boy." "I'll send Botan with the particulars." Kurama nodded and turned to leave but Koenma stopped him. "Kurama, before you go, come with me"

Kurama followed Koenma down a narrow hallway into what seemed like a small throne room - the doors shut behind them and they were thrown into darkness. Koenma stopped in the center of the room and told Kurama to wait. Koenma was then soon swallowed by the darkness as he walked away. Kurama waited patiently for several minutes, until, he suddenly felt chilly and his body started to weaken. He collapsed his knees and hands supporting him. He gasped ragged breaths and sweat poured down his face. "What's happening?" Why?" He looked up, his vision blurred, and everything went black. Kurama had passed out.

~~Konoha Village - (training grounds) ~~

"Idiot."

It was the fifth time that Sasuke had uttered the word in the past hour, and Sakura was beginning to think it was the only time he had said anything in the past week. She wondered often if it was the only word in his entire vocabulary. They were taking a break from the strain of fine point chakra balancing, both of them doing fairly well according to Kakashi -but Sasuke was obviously going all out , not taking a break , and making everyone really miserable. Kakashi had long since abandoned his `Make Out Paradis'e book and was slumped haphazardly against a tree just watching him. Sakura was sitting on the grass near him.

"You feel the same as him, Sakura, so why don't you tell him?"

"Huh?" Sakura looked at Kakashi quizzically.

Kakashi nodded to Sasuke, "He's got himself convinced that it's his fault that Naruto is gone."

"But, it isn't!"

"So go tell him you feel just as guilty."

"How did you know I felt that way?"

Kakashi stood and brushed himself off, "Because it's in your eyes, face, and the way you slump."

He looked towards Sasuke, "You two are pretty hopeless right now." He yelled, "Sasuke! Practice is over for the day! You guys go home!" After these words, he promptly vanished.

Sasuke cursed then fell. Sakura walked over, she didn't feel very brave, but if they were both blaming themselves, it was obvious they were pretty pathetic. Naruto wouldn't have stood for them feeling this way! She squared her shoulders, and noticed Sasuke had avoided making eye contact. Instead, he was getting up to resume his practice, and going to ignore her! She made a swift grab for her kunai and threw it towards his face. Sasuke reacted as she hoped, catching it and turning his face to glare at her.

"What?"

"Stop it!" "Stop blaming yourself! I am blaming myself, too!" "It's not doing us any good and Naruto wouldn't like it!" "He wouldn't want you to mourn and become weak because of him!!" "Stop driving yourself like some demented madman, stop living on guilt, because you aren't guilty!"

Sasuke frowned, and to her surprise he relented and walked over to her, his head hanging down. "Sorry, sorry that I upset you."

She sighed and pushed his head up with her palm, "None of that either, come on, let's head back."

He nodded and they walked back, side by side.

Kakashi watched the two leave and raised his eyes to the sky, to see an eagle soaring. "Hum, if that's not a good omen, I don't know what is." He followed his team, which was only two Nins, for it was absent, that idiot; show off, hyperactive, # 1 loudest ninja.

~~Earth~~

Kurama hopped carefully from roof to roof on his way back from Spirit World, it was too late to return to Yusuke's, so he was going home. He needed time to digest what Koenma had told him earlier, he had not expected to be whole again. He still couldn't believe it, had it really happened?

*EARLIER AT KOENMA'S*

Kurama regained consciousness, to find himself lying on the floor of the throne room. Koenma was sitting in the throne.

"Ah, you are awake, that's good."

Kurama shakily stood up, "What happened?"

Koenma stood and began walking towards the door.

"I have released the block on your fox demon form, temporarily." "You will need it to discover the location of the realm portal."

Kurama's eyes widened, "I will be able to find it that way?"

Koenma nodded as he pushed open the door, "I know this, "realm portals" are of the ancients and can only be opened by the appropriate artifact "key" or an amalgamation of "ki". Since it would be too troublesome to gather that much "ki" and we need it as soon as possible, this may prove to be a better solution." Koenma paused, "But, what really worries me is how a simple boy could come through alone, Kurama, you must find out what makes him so special." Kurama nodded and exited the door ahead of Koenma "Yes, I understand, I will seek the information as discreetly and as soon as possible." Koenma replied, "Yes, and I will send Botan as soon as I can."

*END*

Kurama shook his head, "I don't believe it, even though it is for a short time, I will be able to feel whole." He then entered the flat he shared with his "mother"; tomorrow was going to be an interesting day.