Naruto Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Flux ❯ A Village Under Siege ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Demon Flux

byStarshifter

Rating: G, PG (Actually I have no clue, you tell me. It can vary with each chapter?)

Warnings: Slight Angst, violence (I try to keep actual bloody gore and killings to a minimum)

Pairings: None (barely even hints), Not yaoi or yuri.

Spoilers: I am not sure. It depends on where you are in my
timelines. If you have seen the episodes or read the manga past them, virtually none.

Timelines:

For Yu Yu Hakusho: It has varied. Now I want to say before the Dark Tournament, although it was originally intended for afterwards.
Definitely, after Yusuke's fight with the Saint Beasts.

For Naruto: This timeline is more concrete. Between Wave Country and the Chuunin exam.

Summary: Naruto is pulled into Yusuke's world. The YYH gang and Naruto return to Leaf Village and continue their adventures together.

Disclaimer:
I just write the fanfic, I don't own them though, eh?
Feedback: Yes, please!

ONWARD!!!

A/N:
Yes, Yes. I am horribly, late. Again. I have written TWO chapters this time though…so you get them both!!! Spaced out by a day. Aren't I cruel? *cackles*
-star
 

Demon Flux: Chapter Fourteen
 

The rustle of the leaves in the trees and the azure blue of the sky did nothing to sidetrack the Leaf Shinobi from their mission. The peaceful surroundings were contrasted by the dark intentions of those in the campground close to where Kakashi and Hayate were positioned.

They had not yet seen or heard anything specific regarding the rebel threat to the Leaf, but they had made some progress by studying these encampments, and used every resource to gather information. They had learned enough about the group and its leader to justify their continued vigil.

The leader was a man named Shikaru who was ruthless and known for the massacre of his own village. Several independent villages, gypsy bands, and smaller outposts along on the borders had also been known to be his victims. Rumors were spreading that he had enough power to destroy a village as large as the leaf. Kakashi and Hayate had been instrumental in capturing two spies, securing, after sufficient torture, information that provided some security for the village. The two men had been relaying information to the rebel encampment from inside the village. However, they were spineless and weak, and divulged the intention of the rebels to surround the village with small encampments effectively blocking off any attempts to enter or leave.
So now, the village had the opportunity and foreknowledge to turn the enemy's attempted siege against them! A counter tactic was soon devised and teams of two Leaf ninjas each were sent out to observe and engage the rebel's small encampments. Kakashi and Hayate were one of these teams, and they were now positioned near the village's main gate.

Every enemy ninja group, once spotted, was observed, and the best teams of Leaf Ninjas sent to engage them. Once the team succeeded in capturing their prey, (for there could be no mistakes, their plan would not work if there were any reports back), the enemies were secured, and replacement Leaf Ninjas took over their encampment.   It was a very risky operation, but it served well in securing some routes out of the village. After a few days, less than a quarter of the encampments were actually enemy ninjas; the rest were replacement Anbu or Chuunin Level Leaf Ninjas.

With the routes out of the village now secure, plans were drawn up in earnest, and spies again sent out to gather data concerning the rebels. It was also necessary to continue performing missions if the Leaf was to maintain its presence and assure other villages that it was not in a weakened state.


Hiei, Yusuke and their two guests where fortunate to encounter no enemies on their way back towards the village. Kakashi and Hayate observed their progress and warned them before they stumbled onto the rebel camp. After some quiet consultation regarding their companions, Hayate flashed his headband. He signaled to the sentries of the village that the two young men and their companions were safe and should be allowed to enter.
 
 

Yusuke and Hiei met with the Hokage and the village counsel. Yusuke was surprised at the large number of people in the chambers, but apparently, word had spread quickly about the two newcomers, and everyone was anxious to hear what they had to say to the Hokage. Yusuke heard with dismay that Kurama had left soon after Hiei, and that it was hoped that Naruto, Sasuke and Iruka had joined him. Yusuke almost growled at the turn of events that separated him from his friends; he wanted nothing more than to leave again and go out looking. Nevertheless, he waited patiently to the side during the discussions involving the two allied ninjas. He watched as Shiba and Riyui described the enemy`s numbers and positions and drawing them out by using a parchment. A heated debate began when they were finished, and Yusuke discovered that this was only the beginning to the planning. Kohona was going to war. He chanced a glance at Hiei, only to find the demon leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. Yusuke knew he was listening, and he mimicked his companion, allowing himself to sink against the wall and closing his eyes. It was going to be a long night.