Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ "Shattered Memories" ❯ In the Forest ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The wind blew lightly across the forest opening causing tree branches to sway. A black blotch leaned against a high branch. If you looked closely, the black blotch was actually ravened haired girl with her hair pinned up with long bangs framing her face, wearing a long shiny black coat. She was extremely tired that she barely noticed that she wasn't alone. Apparently there was another person in the forest. Walking through, stepping on brown and curled up leaves and dry and brittle branches, that snapped and crunched under the weight of the person's feet.

The person walking was a boy around 18 with golden blonde hair tied up in a ponytail while a lock of hair covered one of his eyes the only one visible was watery blue. He was dressed in a oversized black coat with crimson clouds on it causing him to seem smaller than he actual size. His name was Deidara. He walked through the forest with ease, knowing that he would be alone for a brief moment away from the Akatsuki home he shared with his close friend and master, Sasori, and his other two other group members of the Akatsuki Kisame, and Itachi.

As he reached the center of the forest he stopped, right before him was small pond with some birds gathered around. At a nearby tree he sat down leaning against the tree his eyes now closed. A small black bird landed over his right shoulder, he opened his eyes, turning to the right and now looked over the bird. He gave a half smile at the bird and began to pet it gently with his left hand, stroking its black smooth feathered quils. The bird began to coo lightly. Deidara just loved birds no matter what kind of breed, maybe because of the carefree lifestyle they had and freedom they had to fly into the sky soaring high.

"Hmm...you like that don't ya?" Deidara spoke to the bird as he heard it coo in affection.

"What's this?" He spoke, noticing a silver ring around it's left leg.

"Tori, Hmm...is that your name?" He asked the bird. The bird head tilted forward then back as if trying to say yes to his question.

"Tori please stop bothering that person" the girl from the tree landing on her feet and walked over to the both and sat next to Deidara. The black bird flew over to the girl and began to rub against her neck.

"Hey stop, Tori that tickles" she began to laugh lightly.

"So the bird belongs to you?" Deidara asked noticing that the bird was being affectionate towards her.

"Yeah, he's like my one and only companion and friend. I'm sorry he was bothering you." She responded and looked at him with her crimson eyes and gave him a small smile.

"He wasn't bothering me really, I actually enjoyed his company hm..." Deidara spoke back to the girl next to him.

"That's unusual of him. He doesn't really like going near people besides me, it looks like he's quite fond of you." The girl spoke again as she watched the bird hop back onto Deidara's shoulder.

"So what's your name hm...?" he now asked still looking at the girl.

"Daitan, Hayami, pleased to meet you. And you are?"

"Just call me Deidara" (note Deidara's dialogue is colored blue while Hayami's is colored red).

"That's a nice name, I really like it."

"Hm...Thanks, So are you new around here? I haven't seen you around this area before."

"Uh no not really I just came back from a long journey. I just remembered this place when I was younger, and how I used to sit around watching the birds near the pond."

"So you birds too huh?"

"Yeah I guess I do, but I'm not sure why"

"Anyways did you get cut or something on your hands" She now asked with a worried face and took out giant bandages from the inside of her coat.

"Uh no actually they aren't cuts" The mouths on Deidara's hands twitched and opened to show their teeth.

"Oh I see there mouths"

"Your not surprised at all hm...?" Deidara noticed that she didn't really show a look of shock or surprise like most people do when they first meet him.

"No not really I see alot of things people don't normally expect, anyways I gotta go now so see ya" she said and got back up and was about to walk away, when Deidara grasped her wrist.

"
Wait where can I find you, I really want to see you again?"

"
Here" she spoke and a tiny yellow bird hopped out of her coat and handed in Deidara's free hand and he let go of her wrist and she continued to walk with her black bird now on her shoulder.

The yellow bird transformed into a paper bird and he unfolded the paper. Inside was a small map of the area and it showed a small black spot near the edge of the forest next to a river.

"Hm...Is that where she lives?" He thought to himself unsure if that was where her home was or just a spot to meet her again some time. He got up slowly while the paper in his hand and began to walk back home towards large mountain range that was abandoned. Then walked to the side of the mountain path, he whipped around checking to see if anyone was watching and pushed a spot on the rough mountain side and the surface moved to the right and he walked inside as the mountain side entrance closed behind. Inside the moutain was hollow and there in front was a small one leveled house. Moving towards the house he opened the door and entered and shut the door beind him, and was about to walk to his room when he was interrupted by someone in the living room.

"Your late, what took you so long?" Sasori spoke as he lay on the vinyl leather couch in the living room his head propped against a white pillow looking up at him.

"oh nothing, I just forgot about the time and yeah so I spent more time outside than usual" He was about to turn and go but Sasori interupted him again.

"If nothing happened, then what's that in your hand?"

"I told you before it's nothing so leave me alone" He spoke with a hint of irritation because didn't want to tell anyone of the girl he met that day at least not yet. He turned on his heel and walked off to his room down the hall. On the way he ran into Itachi and Kisame heading towards the front of the house and as he walked down the hall the two noticed a smirk creeping up his face but continued on walking. As Itachi and Kisame entered the living room, Kisame spoke up.

"Is Deidara up to something because he doesn't smirk without a reason?"

"I don't really know but he might be hiding something" Sasori answered. (dialogue for Sasori is lime green while Kisame's dialogue is blue).

"mm..." Itachi made as he listened.

"Maybe we should beat the crap out of him or something until he spits it out"

"Yeah that sounds like a good idea, you don't know what kinds of pranks he up to like last week he set a explosive bird in my room."

"mm...Ok" Itachi said not really interested.

All three crept quietly to the blonde's room. Before they barged in the room all three over heard the blonde talking to himself.

"Daitan, Haiyami Hm...what an a strange combination of names for a person especially a girl. Why would someone name a girl Rare Unusual Beauty and plus a last name that means Daring or Bold One. Heh I guess I'll find out later.

The three Akatsuki barged into the room and pounced on Deidara all except Itachi who leaned against the wall .

"Hey get off of me, and get the hell out of here" he yelled at the three since they all weight a ton on him.

"We know your hiding something so spill it or else" Sasori spoke looking down at him.

"Hm...Or else what?"

"Or else we'll beat the crap out of you" Kisame continued.

"
So spill it who's the girl" (Sasori)

"What girl, I don't know what your talking about"

"
Don't lie to us we just over heard you" Kisame said and smacked the him against the head.

"I not saying a word so there Hm..." Deidara answered and stuck out tongue.

"smack" This time Sasori slapped him on his cheek, then took out his kunai hovering it over his neck.

"Ok Ok you don't have to get so excited jeez" He rubbed his cheek and head as the pain spreaded through.

"So ok I just met this girl in the forest today and that's"

"
And?"

"And what?"

"
Oh come on I know something is going on between you two, then why was there paper in your hand when you came home?"

"Hm...Nothing just a map" He gave the paper before more could happen to him.

"
A map of her home?"

"How should I know!" At that the Deidara pushed both off of him and then pushed them out his door.