Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ "Shattered Memories" ❯ What Just Happened? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own naruto.

Note: I was just wondering how old Sasori is, I know he turned himself into a puppet, so his body looks pretty young. I was thinking his outer appearance should look around his early twenties or even younger, I don't know his age, even though he's seems to be the oldest out of the four in this fanfic and the whole akatsuki maybe. Plus can Sasori eat? In alot a fanfics he can eat even though he's a puppet.

All eyes now faced the new figures that had entered the room, they were actually two kids, twins to be exact around 12 years old at the most. The one speaking at the moment was a girl with long pale blonde hair and baby blue eyes, with a light complexion neither tan or pale. The girl was wearing a black mesh shirt with a red tube top, along with black pants that had two huge pockets on both sides with chains cascading down the right side. The other person beside her was a boy with the same complexion except he had spiky red hair and brown eyes, and wore a black button up shirt with faded blue jeans.

"I'm sorry Master Daitan, I didn't know you were having guests" The girl started apollegetically. Hayami stared at the two children for a moment trying to figure out how she would explain this.

"uhh, why are the both of you here?" Hayami started again her face held a combination of suprised and tiredness.

"Well Master Daitan, I really need your help with something for school, actually an enchantment spell" She started and looked down at Hayami's feet.

"...How many times have I told you to stop calling me Master Daitan I'm not your master or teacher, but just Hayami or Dai. And will you please stop dropping by unannouced it's quite annoying, you know that your parents hate it when the both of you are hanging around me." Hayami scolded both of them lightly.

"It's her fault, I told her to send Tori or a messager bird with a note to you through the portal but she didn't listen like always." The boy gazed up at Hayami, spacking the girl beside him on the back of the head.

"Ow that hurts" The blonde girl whined and started rubbing the pained area.

"You had it coming" the boy hissed back.

"Ok uh why don't you two sit over by that table for now" Hayami pointed vaguely at the black polished table behide Sasori.

"I'm sorry you guys, but it looks like I'll be busy for a moment, I hope you don't mind waiting for a little bit" She turned her back towards Deidara who was now looking at her then at the kids and stalked her way towards the table, taking a seat with the two.

"Told you she was a witch or something" Kisame now next to Deidara, whispering into his ear. The four Akatsuki members were watching Hayami wondering what she was going to do, the sound of an enchantment spell caught most of their interest especially the red haired puppet master.

"Let me guess Toshiko your about to fail a big exam or test this week like always at the Nacirema (Nacarema) Spellbound school for Magicians and just decided to drop by my place for last minute help, am I right?" Her head turned to the girl while raising a slender brow.

"Well Uh yes Ms. Hayami, er I mean Hayami. I really needed your help and I didn't want to ask my brother here to help me, or he'll be gloating the week that I owe him and all, and yeah your the best at these types of spells since your a Necromancer. "Told you she wasn't a witch" Deidara whispered back to Kisame.

"Ok ok, but next time go to your older brother for help, you really need to start paying attention at school and spend more time working on your spell casting. I'm not always going to help you out."

"Yes, Ms. Hayami, I'm sorry I mean Hayami I know"

"Alright to begin our little lesson, What does an enchantment spell do? Also what is a life?" She spoke sternly and started running her long skinny fingers through her bangs waiting for an answer.

"...Uh" Toshiko was thinking quite deeply. But on the other hand her twin brother had an answer.

"An enchanment spell is when a magician uses his/her magical force to make an inanimate object move or come alive for a moment, depending on the magician they can give the object a small portion of their soul and control the movement." He thumped his fingers at the table with boredom.

"Very good Tasai" Hayami looked at the girl impatiently waiting for an answer for the other question.

"I knew that, but what does the meaning of a life have to do with any of this?" Toshiko's expression confused and now stared back at Hayami.

"Alright fine Toshiko I guess I'll have to explain. A life consists of a spirit or soul dwelling in a physical body that controls the actions of it, plus the meaning of life consists of a long chain of memories or moments that happen over time. This is the difference between a living person and a dead body." She spoke exasperated.

"Your point is?" Toshiko started.

"My point is this is the basic teachings of Necromancy but it's similar to this enchantment spell your going to do. But in Necromancy you can summon a spirit or soul from the underworld and seal it temperarily to an artificial body from escaping but in return the Necromancer has to give up a small portion of their spirit/soul and memories for it to stay alive and move during that time to do the Necromancer's bidding. What your going to do is seal or exert a small part of your spirit/soul into something but since it's your own spirit your putting into the sacrificial of your memories doesn't apply because both of your are not dead yet.

As she explained this most of the people in the room were sort of lost of the explanation except Tasai who was listening carefully.

"I'm still confused Ms. Hayami er Hayami, what exactly are we going to do?" Toshiko rubbed her temples as she tried to understand what had been said.

"Basically I want you to create or find something inanimate and attach or focucs a small portion of your spirit/soul and try to make it move. I guess me and Tasai will have to show you. Ok Tasai please show your younger sister."

The red haired boy found a piece a paper, pulled out a small pencil from the back of his pocket, then began to scribble a small intricate pattern of squiggles over it and folded the paper into a paper crane. Afterwards he muttered an unreconizable language while he held the crane in his hand, pressing two fingers to it, as he removed his fingers the bird no longer looked like paper but like a real crane. The bird circled the room over their heads and landed back onto the table, turning back to a paper crane. Everyone eyed the animated bird with awe and turned back to face Hayami.

"Ok are you watching Toshiko this is what Necromancy is" The raven haired girl grabbed a glass on the table that held something that look like a mud or clay mixture and opened the glass lid, pouring the contents out on to the ground. Then she muttered a chant and the mixture transformed into large skelectal shape, she grabbed a pencil from the table and drew her own art pattern. Placing two fingers behind the skull and chanted again, the skeletical shape began to transfom into something like a gargoyle. Toshiko stared at the gargoyle, a bit afraid of the bat winged creature that look quite mean and cruel.

"What is it Hayami-sama? Do you need me to kill someone?" The grey gargoyle spoke in a murderous voice scanning around the room nocticing the unknown people besides his master.

"No it's nothing, I'm sorry about this Hades, I just needed to demonstrate the work of Necromancy to these kids" Hayami waved her hand towards the twins.

"Was that it?" He began not a bit happy at the response, the contours of his face scowled.

"Yes, that's all, your dismissed" Hayami spoke calmly and the form turned back into clay.

"So this is what an enchantment spell does, if you don't understand this concept then tough luck your going to fail." Hayami now bored, now fiddling with her silver tone hair barret letting her hair fall back to her sides.

"Yes, I think I understand now, thank you er Hayami, I think I'll be able to perform it at home. Also this is for you." Toshiko made a large white box appear out of no where and handed it to her.

"Your job sounds pretty cool, bringing the dead back to life and yeah" Toshiko began to get up from her seat along with her brother who was following.

"I assure you being a Necromancer isn't fun and games or cool like you say if you consider losing bits of your memory and slowly dying for it, and traveling into the underworld where the dead's spirits dwell." Hayami spoke bitterly and now looked really stern.

"Ok, uh I'm sorry I said that, but we better get going now so bye" Both turned away and entered into a black hole in the middle of the room and dissapeared back to their own world.

"I'm so sorry about this. It's hard to explain what just happened a few moments ago." The raven haired girl placed her hands through her locks of hair as she did this her hair changed a shade of silver, and looked at the four missing nins.

"Hmm...So your a Necromancer? Deidara made his way towards the table where she was and sat beside her staring with his watery blue eyes. "So you make clay or mudd bodies for the dead and they do whatever you want?"

"Yeah I'm like the only Necromancer in a world of ninja's, I don't need to make bodies for the dead to occupy unless I'm in a cementary where the bones can come together with magic. And no, spirits I bring back to life don't always do whatever I want, their not puppets that I can manipulate, so they can turn against me."

"Are you a witch?" Kisame started that topic again smirking.

"Please don't call me a witch, I prefer to be called a Magicain, Spellcaster, or Necromancer. You never want to offend someone that uses magic if your looking for a curse, but espicially not a Necromancer unless you want a death wish from the reaper. You want a curse or a death wish?" She replied a little bit annoyed and made a huge emphasis saying Necromancer and death wish from the reaper.

"Sorry" Kisame sweatdropped and sat back on the couch eating what looked like a caramel apple on a stick.

"If you don't believe me I guess I'll have to demonstrate it" she looked over at the group of men, and finally eyed Itachi who was quietly eating a box of Pocky not to worried of the situation still keeping his usual stoic and emotionless face. A huge playful grin grasped her face, and looked back to the table where she grabbed a faded black book with yellowed pages, opening it to a random place, moving her finger over the unknown text. Sasori looked over her shoulder looking on at the curvy pattern that was called writting. Her lips parted and spoke an unreconizable language, a puff of grey and white smoke appeared around the room, blinding the missing nins for a moment. After the smoke disappeared, the place where Itachi occupied was replaced by a girl? Itachi still had his/her's long black hair along with enhanced feminine features on his face, long curled lashes and plumped licks, but he had apparently shrunk a few inches causing the Akatsuki uniform to look even more oversize against his body. Underneath the oversized clothes there were um two bumps (boobs) sticking up from the clothing where his normally flat and masculine chest usually was.

The rest of the Akatsuki members stared in shock at the new Itachi, but then began to laugh. "Ah hah hah"

"I've been called a crosser or girly looking, but this is ridiculous." Deidara dropped out from his chair, tears rolling from the sides of his eyes.

"I always thought your face looked a tad girlish Itachi-san." Kisame smirk grew even wider then before.

"Nice boobs you got there. Pretty nice curse you have Hayami." Sasori chirped playfully slapping Hayami on the back, increasing the new girl's rage. No one ever crossed Itachi without a beating.

"arrugh, stop laughing before I beat the crap out of you all. And you get this off me right now!" Itachi hastily made his way towards the Necromancer, but on the way smacked Kisame's head. He attempted to grab her by the neck and strangle her but she rolled off her chair, missing it.

"Ok ok, keep your shirt on." This only caused the others three to laugh harder, that elvevating Itachi's rage. Hayami walked over to the shelf that held her multi-colored fluids and handed the angry girl a voilet colored vile. He grabbed it back from her hands, gulping the liquid down, afterwards more smoke appeared when it disappeared Itachi was now himself again.

"I'm beginning to really like this girl can she stay with us Sasori-danna?" Deidara now recovered from his crying fit.

"No" Itachi grunted angrily recovering from um that short curse now standing near by .

"It won't be to bad if we have an extra person living with us, I look forward to it, not anyone can anger the infamous Uchiha Itachi and get way with it." Kisame rubbed the side of his head.

"Well I guess we could use a little extra help around the house. But we still don't know much about her though and she would need to pass a test" Sasori began to answer his rather loud and sometimes childish teammate's request.

"Hmm...so Hayami would you like to live with us?" He gazed back at girl with his visible watery blue eye and gave a half smile, waiting for her answer.

"Um yes I would like that alot living with others instead of alone." She returned Deidara's smile with her own.

"So it's settle she living with us, but first all Hayami your going to have to tell us about yourself and take a test of some sort before that, of course we know that your a Necromancer and those kids weren't from here so explain." He took a seat on her right hand side.

A long tired sigh escaped from her pale pink lips while propping her head up with her hand on the table. She really didn't want to do this give them her whole life story if she remembered it but they were going to let her live with them. "To keep it short" she thought "I guess I'll just tell them about where those kids came from and about me being a Necromancer.

"Ok where to start off uh, lets see those kids just a moment ago came from another world that's called Nacirema (Nacarema) where a long list of supernatural creatures or monsters as you call them live or exist. Most people in this world don't know much about it, but mostly think it's just a make believe place that doesn't exist at all. So that explains why I'm not all that suprised that Deidara has a pair of mouths on his hands or Kisame is a shark person.

In Nacirema my job is a necromancer a type of magician or witch as many people say it that brings the dead back to life. My title implys that I'm associated with the reaper of the underworld where the the dead spirits dwell. My job as a Necromancer is a mix of odd tasks the most obvious is bring the dead back to life for others or to do my bidding, hunting and killing others for the reaper, um trying to predict the future for people with um what information I know from the reaper. But also people come to me for potions and medicine. If any of you were listening to me earlier um I was mentioning that a necromancer loses bits of their memory and slowly dies buts that because of the sacrificial for bringing the dead back to life. That sometimes causes me to wake up the next day with amnesia, I don't usually recover for at least three days but the longest is a week. A necromancer's life pretty much belongs to the reaper when they're called to the underworld to do assignments, and bring the dead back it shortens their lives to sacrifice some of their own life energy to make them come alive temperily. If I'm lucky enough I might live up to thirty years old but it can be shorter than that, I already died once already.

"Died once already?" Sasori turned towards the left to look at her face confusion graced the contours of his face. In his own eyes his puppet body would last and he would live for countless years (immortal).

"ah yes dying I guess none of you would understand what dyings like." Her face was kept straight but her red eyes told a hidden sadness that only the blonde and red haired missing nins detected. Anyways that another story to be told later...or not at all." Her mind wandered off somewhere in a dark dusty corner of her memories.

Fashback

"Aniki, why? Why did you bring me back to life? I'm not even your real family. You were going to get married soon too" A young girl with silver shoulder length hair spoke between breaths, sobbing hard under the pearly moon light, her gray dress caked and stained with crimson blood, the girl knelt down on the grass by a young raven haired man in his early twenties coughed heavily, blood spurting from his lips. It was no use his body was drained and limp he was going to die quite soon.

"Heh kids like you shouldn't be dying this soon when your life is just starting. Anyways come closer I need to to do something quickly before I die. The young man forcely pushed himself up as pain swept throung his body, he took out a inked needle from his black shirt pocket. He then lifted the hand, drawing a pair of curvy black wings on her exsposed back.

"Here, it's a parting gift for you. I can't keep my contract with reaper anymore, I'm sorry to put this on to you but can you promise me that you'll take over for me and do my unfinished work for me? I never expected to die yet, but the reaper expects someone to take my place. You know where to go I've shown you how to get there and then talk to the reaper and make a deal with him for me. I'm sorry to bring this on to you. Please tell Ayako of my death..."

His eyes closed to his eternal sleep, he was never coming back, he had sacrificed the remains of his life for her, that only meant his soul and memories were going to be erased, ceasing of his own existence, he could never be brought back not even with necromacy, his soul was gone for good.

End of Flashback

"Huh what did you say Sasori-san? I'm sorry I didn't hear you?" Turning to her right hand side and stared into glassy amber eyes belonging to the puppet master.

"I said if your done telling us about yourself then it's time for you to start your little test" He spoke lazily, leaning farther into his chair.

"Test?" Hayami repeated again confusedly.

"Yes, a test on your strength and abilities." Sasori answered back.

"How are you going to do that?" Hayami asked again.

"Your going to fight against one of us outside while the rest will just watch your battle and decide if your worthy of living in our home." Sasori got off from his chair, walking out of the house while Hayami followed along with the three others into open forest quite a distance away from the home.

Note: There's probably going to be a pairing later on in the story with Hayami, I was thinking Deidara and Sasori would be to the closet to her out of the four members of the group. I don't think a pairing with her and Sasori sounds that great at all, Hayami will probably have somewhat of an opposite personality of Sasori's and ideas of art (I prefer Sasori x Sakura if there's a girl pairing with him). I still haven't decided who would be facing her in the test battle for the next chap though. But anyways your free to give reviews, oppinions, what so ever.

Thanks for reading ^_^









.