Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ "Shattered Memories" ❯ "untitled ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own naruto


"The door's open" A faint voice was heard within, all four entered, inviting themselves inside through the hall, back to the living room, only to find the necromancer resting on the couch.


"It's you guys again, I see you brought back the weasel along too." She snickered noisily at the joke made. While Itachi was on the verge of snapping, that was three times already that day she had humilated the poor man. (Even though this may not be accurate but I looked at other naruto sites and they mentioned the name Itachi could mean weasal).


"Deidara you little shit, I don't see how you could be interested in that witch." The said weasel gritted his teeth while pointing to the girl. Hitting the blonde's head to fan off overflowing irritation, inching closer and closer to her dangerously as she was now bolted straight up ready for a fight.


"Witch? Your really pushing your luck Itachi-kun, I thought you learned you lesson not to underestimate me, I guess not though."


"Hmm...that hurts, just leave her alone anyways she'll make a nice addition to our home so be nice or else." The clay sculptor walked in front of the couch, arms outstretched ready to handle the Uchiha if he tried anything.


"So I'm going to live with you guys?" The silver haired girl stared up at the cloaked back of her new aquaintance.


"Starting today your going to live with us, but your going to have to follow some rules." Sasori sat over the arm of the cushioned couch glancing over her. "Rules like taking care of meals, house work and other rules that come into my mind or Deidara's since it's going to be his responsibility.


"domo arigato Deidara-sama and Sasori-san" She then gave a tiny smile up at Deidara as he turned around. (note um Hayami's only 5ft 6 while every one is over that height and probably around 6ft something.)


"If that's the case Danna, then Hayami please call me Dei-danna instead." He then looked down at the girl who only blushed faintly at the name. Which in turn made him smirk broadly at the sight "kawaii?" he thought to himself.


"Um are you sure you want me to call you that? I don't mind um calling you something else but danna?" She stared up at his visible watery blue eye that held pure amusement of her flustered state. "Why do I have to call him danna? is he...then again he could be with Sasori or bi? I better just shut my mouth and forget about asking him that. I think he a guy, pretty sure. Anyways I only have one master and that's my adoptive aniki, Makoa, the one that taught me everything. Yes, I still remember that time when I foolishly asked what was the greatest thing a Necromancer could give? What an idiot I was back then it was right there in front of my eyes. Why does it have to be danna? Why not Sama or Senpai this is embarassing." Her head looked down as she sweatdropped.


"Yes, I'm sure I want that." He fingered her loose silver strands covering her face, tucking them behind her ear. Much to her distaste, wanting it to veil the confusing feelings that lept across her face.


"If you two love birds are done then lets help the damnede witch pack and get going" The raven haired man grumbled with a great hint of annoyance in his voice, he reallly didn't like her at this point. All he had to do was just slit her throat and that would be the end of it all, but that idiotic blonde clay sculptor was defending her and ah yes Sasori who seemed to support that idiot's idea of keeping that broad in their home.


"If it's ok Dei-danna, I just want to pack a few possesions, while keeping this place, that is I promised someone I would take care of this place."


"Hmm...ok" The girl slipped away down the hall to her own room, grabbing a duffle bag on the floor during the way. Her room was a mess, gray dust caked her neatly made bed that hadn't been used in years, window, furniture, papers, books, pictures, ink, and weaponry. Without thinking, both hands swept around three books over the shelf that was bent, leaning forward as if it was about to collaspe, clothes still in the closet from who knows when, and a necklace that had a metallic circle, ingraved in it were the numbers 16418 with the name Makoa Daitan crossed out with her own name underneath, over her neck, then tucked it away within her shirt, then leaned against the door frame for a moment and thought.


"It hard to believe I'm leaving again with someone, how many years has it been? Maybe twelve years since I left my village in this world with Master Makoa. Where did I use to live again was it Iwa? Where ever it was maybe Ahlith can help me remember she not called the magician of memories for no reason. I can't believe my memory is deteriorating so quickly. Then again the memories I really want to shatter are the ones hardest to get rid of. Yes, when a necromancer dies everything about them is erased their existence, memories, and physical body. The only thing that exist are people that knew them, and everyone one of them remembers a slight time and moments they spent with that person, a segment or shard. It's like Master Makoa said a necromancer's life or life is like a shatter mirror when they die, each shard represents a memory of that person's life. No matter how much a necromancer trys to remember something there is always those few glass shards that gets away and can never be returned. Unlike everyone else a necromancer's spirit will never return or go to the underworld like everyone else. Foolish Toshiko, trying to follow in her young uncle Makoa's footsteps and mine, she's still to young to understand the bittersweet side of this life. Anyways even though I don't want to call Deidara, danna, I'll do it anyways, Makoa gave me something the most precious thing a necromancer could give, his life to me. In Nacirema they view marriage extremely high it's a promise that means two people will sacrifice the rest of their life with that person, the one most precious to them. I'm sorry Master Makoa, it's my fault you died, it's my fault you brought me into your life, why did you bring me back to life? You had Ayako as a financee to marry and do that. Why bring a stranger in your life and raise them?"


"Hayami are you ready yet? We have to head out now!" The red haired puppet master commanded irritably, it was getting dark out, and if they didn't get back soon he would miss his favorite horror shows and movies. Just recently a new tv show on WB had aired, "Super Natural." (Sorry well it's hard to explain why they have luxuries like tv and electric in their home even though they live inside a cave. And yeah "Super Natural" is a real show I watch on thursday nights at nine o'clock, I recommend it, if anyone likes horror flicks.)


"Yes, Sasori-san I'm coming" After the outburst she ran out of her room along with the duffle bag slung over her right shoulder back to the others.


"Yes I'm ready except for one thing" She stood among the other above the room entrance.


"And that is?" Sasori asked with intimation of impatience.


"My pet bird, Tori." When she finished, long slender fingers dug within a pocket to reveal a whistle, then placed it upon her lips and blew, letting out a hi pitched scream that made everyone's ears hurt. A black void appeared in the middle of the room, then a black speck came out and handed on Itachi's head.


"Stupid bird" The stoic Uchiha spoke while trying to clench the small animal in his hand to squeeze the life out. Tori flapped away easily from the hand and peck him repeatedly in the head. "Caw caw ah" It let out, it was laughing mockingly at him. Like "na na you can't catch me."


"Why you little..."Itachi chased the bird around the room, stepping over Hayami's posessions, and some of them were glass viles and all sorts of fragile things that crunched underneath his weight.


"Itachi, stopped that right now! Leave my pet bird alone!" The room turned dangerously pitch dark, black blueish fumes engulfed her body. The other three stared at her while the man ignored the harsh order.


"That's it!" The necromancer snarled, the man's body froze, now standing in front with arms out stretched from a moment ago of trying to catch the black fuzz. Her lips opened up to let black fog pile out, hands touching his face. The raven haired man's pale skin began to distort with black blotches that smelled terribly like um dead...bodies.


"Please stop that Hayami. I think Itachi's suffered enough today, don't you think so?" Kisame spoke behind her keeping a good three feet away, along with the others. Even though they were Akatsuki, this girl Hayami seemed a bit crazy.


"Alright fine I'll let him go. Don't you dare try and touch bird ever again." A glare flew across upon her face that who now faced him.


"Yeah, Yeah, I got it, now let me go." Itachi spoke with his expression of anger and pure annoyance.


"You got it" The force that held him released while the spots disappeared.


"Whoah Hayami what did you do to him hmm..." Deidara cautiously inched closer to her.


"Nothing special...it one my favorite tricks, anyways weren't we leaving?" Her reply quick and simple but could help letting out an ominous smile.


"Yes, we are, now lets get going." The puppet master left the door of the home with everyone filing out, past the forest towards the mountain range. Hayami's expression tired while her lips pursed, the girl never got a good night's rest, she was always working day and night. During day her master's neice and nephew came unannounced any time of the day waking her from sleep. While later that night she killed victims on the reaper's list at least 10 but sometimes more. Every single day she would need to research the victims, then plan out the killings. It was the least she could do for her dead master's sake to take over his job. But never in her entire life had there ever been a feeling of regret of it all, the girl loved her master almost as a real brother/fatherly figure, something that was never given towards her while living in Iwa.


Deidara noticing this spoke "Hmm...do you want me to carry you? You seem a bit drained and drowsy." He got closer by her side but still no answer, pale eye lids closed over red orbs as sleep took over. "thump" The small body toppled upon the dirt ground, laying on her side, face burried in the small patch of grass.


"This is perfect. Time to get rid of Hayami" Itachi thought, who ran at the girl, kunai in hand, excited to find the necromancer off guard. But was stopped by Sasori, who grabbed Hayami out of Itachi's reach.


"I told you, Itachi, I make the rules so she's living with us, now stop trying to kill her. And Deidara, Hayami's supposed to be your responsibility, and yet you almost let her die. Don't let it happen again" The red haired man snapped at both, Hayami now in his puppet arms, head leaning against his cloaked chest, he continued walking ahead. It felt unusual to him, it had a been ages since he made himself into a puppet but he still felt some warmth from her body.


"Sasori-danna you can give me Hayami now, I promise I'll keep an eye on her." Deidara by his side, the blonde didn't like him carrying his girl. "Hmph ok here you go" Sasori shoved the sleeping figure roughly into Deidara's waiting arms.


"Were almost there, anyways take her to your room I don't feel keeping your pet in my room."


"She not my pet Sasori-danna. And don't treat her like luggage." They stepped through the cave, back inside the house door. Deidara carrying her to his room at the end of the hall, tucking Hayami into his bed. Afterwards exiting quietly out of the room.


You guys are killing me. It's hard to guess if I'm doing a great job or sucky job at writing at this story if I don't get comments, anyways Hayami's from Iwa like Deidara but she doesn't remember much about it. In later Chapter's I might end up having Hayami torment Itachi some more, Did Hayami actually take off that curse on Itachi? Maybe not. I'm not sure, I might make another story up where it focuses on Hayami's life back in Iwa or not. All I can say is that her life was tough, living a bi racial family both asian ancestry but being a girl gave the view of weakness in their eyes. All her life she lived a lie, her father sort of worked for Iwa's lord, filing papers. On the other hand her mother was a pretty broad out of school of another country Hayami's father married off the bat which leads to a lot of problems. Yes, how can I say this Hayami's childhood was quite sad and abbusive. If you guys want to learn more about her past let me know. I'll see you guys in the next chap or not.