Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 11 Ways ❯ Paralyzed ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ten: Barrier Breached
 
The first time Sakura kissed him Kakashi was paralyzed.
 
The two of them had been `cat and mouse'-ing for weeks. They had moved beyond innocent flirting and each meeting between them was demarcated by increasingly pointed and graphic innuendo.
 
The tension had been building continually and he knew it was only a matter of time before it came to a head and there would be only two options: either they'd have to avoid each other completely or one of them would make a move. (He was disinclined to believe the latter would happen because the two involved were he and Sakura. He wasn't about to do anything that foolhardy and he didn't think Sakura would have the gusto.)
 
He wasn't sure how to handle this, or if he even wanted to handle this, but their relationship had been set in motion by the fact that he wasn't enough of a coward to start ignoring her now. Not only had he already been through the whole argument with himself about how much gossip a move like that would stir up, but he knew it would be as much as admitting that the situation was getting to him.
 
And there was no way that was happening.
 
Still, he had his safety zone. There was no touching; they both had their boundaries. Sure, there was the occasional ghosting of breath against the neck as one would lean in to whisper something it would be best for other ears not to overhear, but that was the extent. No actual physical contact was ever made, even in a friendly way or in a gesture of camaraderie.
 
He wasn't sure what he would do if that line was crossed.
 
He certainly didn't expect it the way it came.
 
There was no warning when she shoved him up against the wall and drove her mouth to his, mask and all. No shinobi in history had been able to surprise the famous Copy-Nin into paralysis, yet one little pink haired kunoichi succeeded where all others had failed.
 
He didn't move when her hands moved from his shoulders to his neck to cradle the back of his head. He didn't respond to the movements of her mouth against his. He didn't so much as sigh when she pulled his bottom lip between hers and bit it harshly.
 
She pulled back suddenly to regard him as if aware his complete stillness held more significance than it seemed, as if she could tell he was preventing himself from moving for fear of shattering.
 
His gaze didn't move from where it was fixed on the other end of the room; he couldn't bring himself to look her in the face. He was afraid to try deciphering the multitude of emotions swimming in her eyes, wary that he would see everything inside himself reflected back in that moment.
 
A puff of smoke of dark smoke marked her exit from the scene and it was a few moments before Kakashi allowed his hand to make its way up to his face. His mask was still wet from where their mouths had been joined.
 
He was grateful she'd left him to make some semblance of his fragmented thoughts. No matter what he did there was no going back now.
 
He wasn't sure he wanted to.