Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Beautiful Occurrence ❯ I'll Get Rid of It For Sure ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Edited by Obscure Omen.
Disclaimer: Naruto is © to Kishimoto, a Japanese mangaka.
A SasuNaru story. A slow kind.
 
 
Chapter 3: I'll get rid of it for sure
 
Since the day of Kyuubi's shocking explanation, Naruto had been visiting the hospital almost religiously. No, not because he was sick. Alright, maybe he had some headaches and mild morning sickness, but that hardly brought him to the hospital. In fact, apart from that, he was completely fine.
 
Once he was there, all he did was sit silently on an available chair near his teammates' bedsides and stay that way until he was forced to leave. For him, Konoha Hospital was some sort of refuge right now.
 
Everyday Naruto would plan his day carefully so that he wouldn't meet someone that he knew or someone who knew him. In the very early morning, he would train by himself at a secluded training ground—people rarely went there for some unknown reason—and stopped training at the first sign of morning's rays. Afterward, taking a route not traveled by most people, he would head home to clean and change.
 
After a quick breakfast—a couple of instant ramen cups, of course—he would make his way to the hospital by jumping from roof to roof. He desperately avoided the street, as people had begun crowding the streets at that time, which meant that the chances of him bumping into one of his friends were higher, and he just wasn't ready for that yet. Even if some of his friends came to visit his teammates, he would stay out of the way and only returned to his original position when they were gone.
 
Yes, you guessed it right—this was no coincidence. Naruto was actually trying to avoid his friends.
 
Why? Because he was afraid. He rarely was afraid of anything, except maybe for ghosts—hey, they were real, after all! But this, this thing about being pregnant scared the hell out of him. It was abnormal, and he was abnormal enough to begin with—the freaking Kyuubi resided inside of him!—and he didn't want to be that different from everybody. If they ever found out about his condition, there was a good chance that they wouldn't accept it. People might start avoiding him again, and he might be all alone again, without friends—just like his childhood had been.
 
Because, more than any ghosts that ever existed, loneliness was far scarier. He didn't want to be alone again; he didn't want his friends to leave him.
 
Naruto knew he was acting like a coward now, and, honestly, he never felt like more of a coward than now—not even when Team 7 had their unexpected A-rank mission during his genin time when they had to fight Zabuza and his assistant, Haku.
 
Obviously, this was definitely not his way of ninja. But he was genuinely frightened. What if somehow he accidentally told them something inappropriate? What would their reaction be? Would they judge him? Even worse, would they want to associate with him anymore? If his friends couldn't accept him, then the villagers would simply hate him. He wouldn't stand a chance before the villagers. Then, his dreams—to be a Hokage, to make the villagers acknowledge him—would be in jeopardy.
 
Could he live with that?
 
The answer was a resounding NO.
 
No, he couldn't live with that.
 
No, he couldn't take the risk. Not if his whole life was on the line.
 
Therefore, he concluded, this time—and this time only—it was okay to be a coward. It was just for a short period of time, anyway. Just—just until he made his final decision about this problem. He would face them, eventually. All he needed was some space to think rationally and wisely—this was a life-changing decision he was supposed to make here!
 
He had no choice but to avoid all of his friends, except for his teammates. Yes, his teammates—but that was purely because they were unconscious, meaning that they couldn't talk and judge him while they were like that. Furthermore, their presence brought a strange calmness to his turmoil-ridden heart, which was what made him want to visit them at the first place.
 
Nevertheless, true to its name, a life-changing decision was really hard to make. Naruto, even with all of the thinking and avoiding he did, he still couldn't come up with anything concrete, which only made him more restless, tired, and angry each day. Without realizing it, his training became harsher and bloodier every time, leaving him more and more exhausted, physically and mentally.
 
If Naruto was a cheerful and sunny boy before, he was a bitter, bitter man now. He would snap at anyone and anything that dared to defy his way. Feeling angry was not a foreign concept for him anymore, although he didn't really understand what made him feel angry so easily. It was beyond him to suspect that it was all because of the hormones from his pregnancy.
 
Poor Naruto, he didn't even know what had hit him so bad.
 
The only thing he knew for sure was that ramen could make him felt a little bit better every single time. So, after his nightly training—which always ended near midnight—he would go to Ichiraku and enjoy his bowls of ramen, without fail. The nearly closed shop was usually deserted, and that was just perfect for Naruto and his peace of mind.
 
Ergo, imagine how shocked he was when on his nth visit to his favourite stand, Kiba suddenly appeared and thumped his back in a way of greeting. He could feel the unknown anger started to rise again.
 
“Hiya, buddy! How ya doin'?”
 
Naruto glared at him and muttered a weak “fine” back.
 
“Where have you been? Haven't seen ya lately.” Kiba plopped himself beside Naruto at the counter.
 
“Around,” came the short reply from the blond.
 
Kiba raised a brow, confused about Naruto's cold behaviour, but he decided to brush it off as Naruto being exhausted. He himself was exhausted from his duty and all the running he had done around the city.
 
“Around, huh? I've been busy, too, you know. What with the chuunin exam and all that shit. Man, I swear people kept popping out of nowhere! There are so many of them. No way will we have enough hands to handle all of these people. Just today, I saw…”
 
Naruto threw an uninterested glance at Kiba.
 
`So, it's already time for the chunnin exam, eh?'
 
Naruto mused while half-heartedly listening to the rambling boy.
 
“… and I got to go on a date with Hinata-chan. Heh heh hehh… I knew it. She just can't resist my hotness.” Kiba kept on rambling, oblivious to Naruto increasingly bad mood.
 
What is this mutt talking about? Why does he look so stupidly happy? Does he have to talk so much? He's really grating off my nerves. Just shut the fuck up already.
 
“And—and tomorrow, we still have a date to go on. I bet Hinata-chan will look nice in that…” Kiba went on.
 
Oh my God, stop talking. Leave me the fuck alone. Shut up!
 
“SHUT UP!!!” A shout.
 
Kiba abruptly stopped talking, surprised by the outburst.
 
“Huh?”
 
“I said, shut up, you stupid mutt! You are annoying. Buzz off!”
 
Even more shocked with what Naruto just said, Kiba blinked stupidly and then snorted. Naruto's face, red with anger, and his disheveled hair looked funny to Kiba, which made him burst out laughing.
 
“Ha ha ha… Dude. Are—ha ha—you PMSing or something? Pfft…Hahaha…You look so funny!”
 
Naruto stood up so fast that his stool fell over.
 
“Are you calling me a girl?!” Naruto said dangerously.
 
Still recovering from his hysterical laughing, Kiba was oblivious to Naruto's dangerous and murderous aura, which was aimed at him.
 
“Huh? I never said that, but you could've fooled me, man… Er, lady.” And he started to laugh again to his own joke when a hard blow landed square on his face, which made him fall off his stool.
 
“Shit, Naruto! That's hurt, you jerk-wad! What's wrong with you?! Why are you going all emo on me? I thought only Sasuke did that!”
 
`Oopsss, taboo subject,' thought Kiba, but it was too late to take back what he just said when he saw Naruto advancing towards him dangerously. He was forced to squat back to put some kind of safe distance between them.
 
“What's wrong? You asked me what's wrong?!! There's nothing wrong, okay? I am full of not-wrongness!! Why do you think something is wrong with me?! Huh? Huh? You are what's wrong, you stupid mutt!Your stupid grin, your hideous face, and—and you smell. It's annoying; it makes people want to puke. And don't you ever, ever, ever associate me with that shit-faced Sasuke. Do you understand that?”
 
Kiba nodded readily, afraid of Naruto's expression, which emanated pure menace.
 
“One more thing. If I ever catch you calling me a woman again, I'll personally see that you will lose the body part that make you a man so you end up more like a girl. Understood?”
 
Once again, Kiba nodded and dumbly watched Naruto retreat—obviously satisfied with Kiba's nods—leaving him stunned speechless on the ground.
 
“Are you okay, young man?” Ichiraku's owner's question startled him, and he immediately pushed himself up to a standing position.
 
“Yeah, I'm fine.” Kiba touched his cheek, which he knew had started to turn purple.
 
“What's wrong with Naruto-kun?”
 
Kiba looked at the owner and shrugged.
 
Hell, if I know. Maybe he really is PMSing…Who can really tell Shit, and I still have that date with Hinata-chan tomorrow.
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
Shit, shit, shit!! Fuck Kiba! Fuck that jerk Sasuke! Fuck them! Fuck it all! Shit!
 
If one couldn't guess, Naruto was not mad. No, he really wasn't. He just freaking furious! If killing for personal self-satisfaction were legal, Kiba would be dead by now. Unfortunately, killing for fun wasn't legal, and as far as Naruto knew, only criminals did that. He was no criminal—or A WOMAN, either!
 
Damn that Kiba. How dare he call me that?! I hope he trips on his way home, hits his head, and dies. Die, you damned Kiba. I'm not a woman and never will bethen, now, and forever. That is a fact of life. Yeah, yeah, that's right. I'm a man. I'm not supposed to be pregnant no matter what crap the damned Kyuubi said. This is obvious. I don't have to think about it. Why couldn't I see this before?
 
Naruto started to laugh creepily. If there happened to be someone around him right now, they would know that the wisest thing to do was run for their life. Alas, the said boy was still lost in his delirious thoughts.
 
I can't carry a child. I just can't. That would fuck up everything. I—I should get rid of it or something. Yeah, that's right. Right?
 
Naruto felt a bit of doubt rise in his mind, but, as quickly as it came, he squashed it.
 
No. I mean, yes. That's right. I'm a man, I can't carry a child, this is obvious, I don't have to consider this. I should never have considered this.
 
So what now?
 
Naruto stopped in his tracks for a second, realizing that he already reached his apartment, and, in fact, was on the way to his room. When he reached his room, he stood at the door silently, almost hoping that the silent room could give him his answer.
 
What to do now?
He asked himself again when he got no answer from the silent room.
 
I guess I have to kill it, then.
 
With dread, he plopped himself on the bed, closing his eyes.
 
Tomorrow. I'll do that tomorrow. For now, just let me sleep. God, just let me sleep.
 
Luckily, Naruto felt asleep almost instantly. Maybe he was more exhausted than he thought—emotional outbursts tended to do that to people. However, in his sleep, unaware even by himself, he kept apologizing to someone, over and over again.
 
I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I don't have a choice.
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
 
A/N:
Hi. Sorry this chapter came out late and is a little short, too. Next chapter will be longer, I promise.
 
Okay I left the chapter with a cliff-hanger. Kui kui kui (if you was wondering, that is my evil laugh).
 
Until next time, ja.
 
Next chapter:
Chapter 4: I need to know, I need to learn - Pregnancy 101!
 
Sigh, so much for a cliff-hanger.