Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Bundle Of Wonder . . . Or So I Hope ❯ In Curiosity And Questions ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kent: OK guys, I am really REALLY sorry that this took so long to update. My ex broke my computer so I had to rewrite the whole thing again. Plus I had a crisis while rewriting it and had lost some of my inspiration. But I found it again and I will hopefully start updating sooner.

Chapter 3:
In Curiosity And Questions

A silver haired man sat perched upon the windowsill overlooking the blonde's bedroom. A mask and hitai-ate covered three-quarters of his face to where only his right eye could be seen.

"Kakashi-sensei! Wha . . . What're you doin' here?" Naruto looked at the man in surprise, completely forgetting about the warm mess that covered his shoulder.

" Well, I was going to tell you about the mission we have tomorrow but then I heard you screaming in distress and decided that I should see what's wrong." His visible eye lingered on the baby for a moment before moving back up to his face.

"Oh well, I just finished feeding Zaliya and . . . wait. I was NOT SCREAMING in DISTRESS!!" Naruto carefully rocked the infant while he spoke to the older man in front of him. "Uh . . . Did you say 'mission'?"

"Zaliya, hmmm?" Kakashi looked at her and back to Naruto once again. He stepped fully into the room, sat down on the bed, and held out his arms expectantly.

"Erm . . . Kakashi-sensei, what're you-"

"Give me the kid and change your shirt. It's disgusting." Naruto looked at him nervously, debating whether or not he should, before finally giving in and gently placing her in the jounin's arms. Kakashi took her gratefully and his right eye turned upward, a sign that he might have been smiling. The blonde grabbed another shirt and slipped it on after throwing the soiled one into corner, forming a brand new pile of dirty laundry. He walked back over to the man on his bed and sat down beside him. "Naruto, why-"

"Kakashi, do you know anyone named Kosuke?" Kakashi looked at the blonde in annoyance, for interrupting what was sure to be a wonderful interrogation, for a moment before replying.

"Kosuke is a pretty common name now days. Why do you want to know?"

"Oh, I was just wondering. It's not important really. It's just . . . I want . . . I need to find a guy named Kosuke." Naruto sighed and placed his head in his arms dejectedly as he waited for Kakashi to say something.

"Do you know what this Kosuke looks like?"

"No. I never actually saw him." Naruto sighed once more.

"Do you know anything? Anything at all?"

Naruto looked up at him. "I never saw him. How would I know anything about him?"

"I'm just trying to figure this out. Besides, I need more information on this guy before I can find out who he is." Kakashi looked down at the infant in his arms and smiled. "She's cute, isn't she?" Naruto just smiled in response and nodded his head. "Does Lady Hokage-"

"Yes, the old hag knows." Kakashi narrowed his eye once again annoyed with the blonde's pension for interrupting him. "I'm gonna keep her, you know. At least until she finds a good home."

"Do you know what to do?"

"Not really. I'm gonna need help from someone but I can't think of who just yet."

"Why not Saku-"

"NO!! I need a more . . . mat . . mater. . . maternal, yeah that's it, a more maternal person to help. Besides, I don't wanna think bout how she'd feel bout this."

"Right. Then, why not Hinata? She seems pretty capable."

"But Hinata's weird, she always turns red and does that creepy thing with her fingers when I'm around. It's like she's flexing her fingers for an attack, to like . . . paralyze me or sumthin." Kakashi sweat-dropped at Naruto's overactive imagination.

"I don't even know Ino or TemTon or whatever her name is."

"TenTen."

"Yeah, her." Naruto smiled again in obvious embarrassment looking slightly away from his sensei. Kakashi just rolled his eyes and stared down at the little girl nestled in his arms. "If you wanna be near her you can't have that book with you."

Kakashi slouched slightly after hearing Naruto's words. "Remember that there is a mission briefing at precisely 0600 hours. I'll be off to go catch myself a dolphin in the meantime." He smirked at that list bit, placed the infant in her ready-made crib, and disappeared out the window.

"600 hours?" Naruto held up his fingers counting them carefully. "Wait. . . How long is that?!"

Kent: I am trying to keep the characters from being OOC so please tell me if you think that they are and give me some hints on how to improve.

Now for the poll:

Gaara- 48

Sasuke- 48

Gaara & Sasuke- 12

Neji- 9

Kiba- 7

Shikamaru- 5

Shino- 3

Itachi- 6

Kakashi- 8

It seems that Sasuke is catching up with Gaara. I love both of them so I don't mind whoever gets Naruto. The votes for Kakashi and Itachi suprised me though. lol I didn't actually expect anyone to vote for them so this is a good change for me. It gets more people to vie for our little blonde dude.

Ok so just remember that I am lazy as I have previously stated in other chapters so it will (again) take a while to update. I am hopeing to have at least chapter four up by the Feb. 16. I know that is a ways from now but for those of you who have been following my story from the beginning (you know who you are) know that I have quite a bit of time between updates.

Again the poll is still up so anyone who wants to vote can and hopefully will. By this point though it seems to me as if it is going to be either Sasuke or Gaara seeing as everyone else is so far behind them. BUT for all of you who love the others I will have them be interested in Naruto at some point within the story.

Now if any of you have any ideas for the story I would be glad to find out what they are.

Until next time: Ja ne!