Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Girl in the Akatsuki ❯ A WHAT in the Akatsuki?! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I opened my eyes, indulging in the comforting aromas that surrounded me.

"Twenty-one hours, forty-five minutes and fifty-two seconds." I murmured, glancing at my watch that read 9:45:52 PM.

"It's only been that long since I joined the Akatsuki. Since the first girl joined the Akatsuki. It feels like it's been a lot longer."

I reached over the rim of the bathtub, drying the water and suds from my arm with my kekki genkai as I did so. After a sip from my water bottle, I grabbed my notebook, quickly jotting down the following:

Name: Amaya Kaera (pronounced kara)
Age: 13
Rank: ANBU

Gender: F
Hair: Long, dark brown.
Eyes: Silver/Green
Kekki Genkai: Y: Control over water, air, lightning. Also some power over time.
Village: Was mist, now loner.
Attitude: Comptetive, and perhaps a bit testy. But still, has a strange talent for softening stone hearts...

Status: Slightly injured-Village, er, ejected me forcefully. A.K.A. Beat me up, stripped me of all village secrets, and left me for dead. Which, incidentally, is what I was near when I was found by one Itachi Uchiha, who was accompanied by Tobi and Sasuke on a mission. (From what I've gathered, Itachi, who was scouting ahead, found me and stood there, staring at my prone (and bleeding) figure with a look of astonishment upon his face.) Tobi and Sasuke caught up and instantly used their chakra to heal me. While I was healed on the outside, there was still a bit of internal bleeding, obviously, on the inside.

While Itachi refused to help them, the boys rushed back to the Akatsuki, placing me on the spare bed in their room. From then they made sure I was as comfortable as humanly possible. Apparently I kept saying, and sometimes shouting, things like: "No! Don't kick me out!" and "I have nowhere else to go!". When that happened, they said that Sasuke held my hand or Tobi stroked my long hair to calm me down (in a friendly manner, or course,).

Finally, after a week or so, I finally woke up. Tobi quickly explained where I was, and that I was staying here until I was completely healed. Meanwhile Sasuke was pretty much silent.
 
I agreed, with one condition. I wouldn't be confined to one room.

After talking it over with the leader of the group, known only as Leader, he said that Leader also had a condition. He wanted to measure the level of my skills.

In
battle.

Lets just say that
ANBU was hardly the tip of the iceberg.

Just hours later, at exactly 12:00 AM, midnight, Leader announced me as an official member of the Akatsuki. Or rather, "a girl in the Akatsuki".

But, frankly, after our battle, I was so tired that I passed out again, only to wake up around 8:30.

And here I am now, an hour and forty-five minutes later, writing down the latest edition of my life story.

I sighed and stopped writing. This was going to be hard to get used to. Living with a bunch of guys. Most of which distinctly notice the fast that I was thin, in shape, and definitely strong.

I smiled, remembering the look on Leader's face as I knocked him off his own two feet. Lucky for him, he made sure we had the battle in private.

Returning to my notebook, I continued writing.

When I woke up, Leader had everyone in the organization introduce themselves to me. They agreed. Grudgingly, to say the least.

I still only remembered Itachi, Kisame, Sasuke, Orochimaru, and Tobi's names.. But that was okay. The others were kind of creepy .I mean seriously. A plant, a weird, mouth-handed (though kind of cute) guy, I'm glad I don't know! And the only reason I remembered Kisame was because we were from the same village. In the bingo book, I'm pretty sure he has nearly an entire chapter.

BANG, BANG!

I groaned. No privacy.

"You have five seconds to make yourself decent before I come in!" Shouted a voice from the other side of the bathroom door.

I gasped, curling up and crying out, "Don't come in!"

Too late.