Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Girl in the Akatsuki ❯ Sushi ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
Chapter 2
 
"Kisame, if you don't get out of here I swear I'll slice you up and feed you to a goldfish!" I cried, throwing a kunai knife in his general direction.
 
It came right back, hitting my in the shoulder. I bit back a scream, biting my lip hard enough to draw blood. Which it did.
 
Luckily the room was so steamy that I didn't need a towel when I stood up. Before Kisame found me I had to get out of there. I quickly wrapped a large towel around me and gathered all my stuff and slipped out of the bathroom, hurrying down the hall to mine, Tobi, and Sasuke's room. I'd ask one of them to get the kunai out.
 
I opened the door, peeking in. "Guys, I need a little help." I said to the boys. I walked in, still biting my lip from the knife in my shoulder.
 
"Kunai in my shoulder, someone get it out." I said through gritted teeth, clutching my towel tightly.
 
Immediately both of the boys came to my assistance. With a simultaneous nod, Sasuke grabbed my shoulder, sending a steady flow of chakra to numb the pain, and Tobi pulled out the kunai quickly, wiping off my shoulder with a random rag that was just laying around.
 
"Thanks." I muttered, shrugging my shoulder to find that it was still sore. "Remind me to slaughter-,"
 
"Kisame?" They asked simultaneously.
 
"Is it that obvious?" I replied, going behind my privacy screen to change.
 
"Yeah," Said Sasuke.
 
"And you screaming his name like that was a pretty good hint." Finished Tobi.
 
"You heard that?" I asked, as I pulled in my usual pajamas (tank top and short-shorts), somehow not mortified. That's new, usually I'm apple red by now...
 
I stepped out from behind the screen, hopping quickly from the cold floor and ladder to my warm bed. After asking permission from Leader, I had turned my bed into a sort of top bunk. It was five feet off the ground. I had a desk underneath, which usually held my laptop, but this time it was already on my bed.
 
"I think every member of the Akatsuki heard that." They said together.
 
"Well, I guess it's not that surprising." I said.
 
I didn't go to sleep just yet. Turning on my drawing light, I reached for my bag. It had everything I needed in it. Extra food and laptop battery, art supplies, you name it, I got it.
 
I looked around the room for something of interest. There were some nice things, but nothing remarkable. Then it hit me!
 
"Hey, Sasuke, Tobi, will you guys sit still for a few minutes?" I asked, pulling out my sketch pad and a pencil.
 
They obliged and a few minutes later I was finishing up the basic sketch and telling them they could move again. But when Tobi asked to see it I refused, letting him know that I never let people see my drawings before they were done.
 
"Oh, alright. But when it's done, will you PLEASE show me?" He asked. I swear, when I nodded, he practically jumped for joy.
 
Sasuke and I exchanged glances, sharing a silent chuckle.
 
Just as I reached for my coloring supplies, a drop of red fell right in the middle of the area that would be Tobi's face. I quickly wiped it off, leaving it the color it should be, and then wiped of the part of my lip that I had left unchecked. I help a finger to it, while sending a small bit of chakra into the minor injury.
 
"I was wondering when you would notice that." Said someone from the foot of my bed.
 
I jumped. Looking up, I found that it was Sasuke.
 
I moved over so he had room to sit.
 
"You're being unusually talkative, Sasuke." I said, returning to my drawing.
 
"Well, now that I have someone halfway sane to talk to, I'll talk." He reasoned.
 
When the words "halfway sane" reregistered, I kicked him lightly. Not to hurt him, just because I couldn't think of a reply. I thought that was reply enough.
 
"Hmm, maybe I'll reconsider the sane part." He muttered, pushing my foot away.
 
"Don't forget, I know where you sleep." I said mysteriously.
 
He gave me a look that vaguely reminded me of a certain living doll.
 
"What, and your bed is invisible? We sleep ten feet apart!" He said.
 
"Really?" I said sarcastically.
 
Sasuke yawned.
 
"Well, I'd better make the long trek of ten feet to my bed. Good night."
 
"G'night!"
 
I turned off my light and waited a few minutes. Then I chucked a pillow right at Sasuke's head. In the dark, I wasn't sure whether it hit him or not.
 
At least not until it came right back at me.
 
"Nice try." Came the muffled voice of Sasuke.
 
Smiling, I laid down and was instantly asleep.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE NEXT MORNING~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
 
That was the sound I woke up to. A few seconds later, everyone else was woken up with a loud bang and a steady string of curses.
 
"Amaya, it's six AM. Let me sleep!" Said Sasuke, slamming a pillow over his head.
 
Tobi, on the other hand, jumped right up when he heard the alarm clock smash into the wall.
 
"Thank you for waking me, Amaya. I'm not much of an early riser." He said.
 
"Whatever. I'm making breakfast in a half-hour, if you want any." I said, walking into the bathroom after grabbing some clothes.
 
"Yes, thanks." He said. After that he put himself to work prying Sasuke out of bed.
 
I took a quick shower. I brushed my hair and teeth, got dressed and splashed my face.
 
I examined myself in the mirror. I had chosen to wear a red crop top with last night's black camisole underneath and a black slit skirt and a pair of loose red short-shorts.
 
My hair was up in a jaw clip, making it resemble a horse's mane. I had in a pair of small silver hoops. I was also wearing a matching sliver bangle and necklace set.
All in all, I looked great!
 
Smiling, I stepped out of the bathroom.
 
Walking back into the room, the look on Sasuke's face was PRICELESS.
 
"Sasuke, get your jaw off the floor." I said.
 
He closed his mouth.
 
It was at that moment that I realized that he wasn't wearing a shirt.
 
I looked away, grabbing my laptop and bag.
 
"Sasuke, I'm going to go make breakfast. Would you like something in particular?" I asked.
 
"No. I'll just have whatever you make. I have no real preferences." He said curtly, his voice muffled. He was probably putting on his shirt.
 
"Alright. Be in the kitchen in a few minutes." I said, walking out of the room.
 
Quickly, I descended the steps down into the kitchen, softly singing one of my favorite songs.
 
"Dancing through life, mindless and careless. Make sure you're where less trouble is rife! Woes are fleeting, blows are glancing, when you're dancing, through LIF-!"
 
I stopped abruptly.
 
Deidara, Itachi, Tobi, Leader, and Kisame were staring at me from the table.
 
"Uh...Hi." I said, blushing bright red.
 
"I see you're feeling better, Amaya." Said Leader blandly.
 
"Yeah. Thanks..." I said slowly.
 
Quickly, I changed the subject.
 
"So, who's hungry? I can make most anything." I said, walking to the refrigerator.
 
Everyone told me what they wanted. Smiling, I started cooking.
"Sasuke! Get down here if you want to eat. If you miss breakfast you're not eating all day!" I shouted a few minutes later, bringing the food to the table.
"Yeah, I'm coming." Sasuke called, hurriedly walking down the steps, pausing only to glare at Itachi.
 
"Boys! If you want to eat, you'll get along!" I said, throwing bagels at Sasuke and Itachi. Yeah, it would probably get me killed, but I just had to do it. It was either that or pancakes.
 
"Look. I'm not saying you have to sit next to each other or hug or anything, but I want you to be able to sit in a room without killing each other!"
 
Strangely, the boys complied. I breathed a soft sigh of relief.
 
"Nicely done, Amaya. Not even I, Leader, could get those two to get along." Leader said approvingly.
 
I grinned, sitting down between Sasuke and Deidara.
 
Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought...