Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Mask-Tastrophe! ❯ Yummy News ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, Masashi Kishimoto does!
 
(Poof) >.> *Rabbitzan is in the house…*
 
-
Ch. 1:
Yummy News
-
 
Tsunade yawned a bit and frowned at the report Kakashi had handed her not too long ago. She had decided to give him a slight break from missions as she had been working him a bit harshly as of late. Speaking of Kakashi, she wondered about the mysterious ninja and her curiosity had been killing her ever since she began handing him missions. She hadn't had time to question him about his reasons for wearing a mask, though she did ask other ninjas about it. Why would he want to hide his appearance from his companions?
 
“Oi, Kotetsu!” she called to the door. The door opened as Kotetsu entered poking his head in and peering curiously at her before stepping in and closing the door behind him. Tsunade quickly jotted something down on a piece of paper folding in three perfect sections before handing it to Kotetsu. “Take that to Kakashi and tell him it's important.”
 
“Hai!” he replied before exiting the office leaving Tsunade to her devious thoughts.
 
-
Moments later
-
 
“Wha~!?” Kakashi asked incredulously.
 
“I said `You're to reveal your mask-less face in five days. It's your new mission,” she repeated, smiling deviously at Kakashi. “I want to see your face at least once and…” she continued before Kakashi could make any suggestions. “I want the entire village as my witnesses. Just once, I promise.”
 
“But five days isn't enough notice…”
 
“Ok one week then.”
 
“Two months?” he stated more then asked.
 
“Two weeks!” she glared slightly annoyed.
 
“A month and a half?” he bargained knowing he was testing the limits of her patience. She stood up her face flushed in anger and annoyance. The way she held herself stated the finality of the next words she spoke.
 
“One month and that's it!” she half yelled. Kakashi flinched, slightly, half expecting to be reprimanded or worse. When the blow never hit he sighed inwardly before he could reply.

“Hai, but only under one condition…” He replied.
 
-
Outside..
-
 
Jiraiya was about to begin to ascend the large staircase in front of him when a shout reached his hearing. Recognizing the voice almost instantly, he dashed up the stairs, rounded the corner and continued on towards the door. The door opened just as he had began to come to a halt and he nearly ran head on to Kakashi. The other somehow moved out of Jiraiya's way while ignoring the fact that he was even there. The hermit noted the annoyed look before entering the room where the ruckus was still continuing. He stopped just inside the door and stared in awe. Tsunade's triumphant laughter turned quite jovial and innocent causing Jiraiya to smile slightly at the sight. He faked an annoyed sigh before asking what was on his mind.
 
“So, what got you all hyped up?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. Tsunade slowly stopped her laughter before motioning the hermit to come closer.
 
“I'm going to tell you a little secret.” He moved close enough for her to whisper in his ear. His eyes widened and his mouth dropped, and soon his own uncontrollable laughter followed, along with Tsunade's.
 
Kakashi had stopped to see if she would tell but decided it was now time for him to depart. He already knew the village was going to have a field day with this. Already, Kakashi could see the entire village laughing at his misfortune of ever allowing Tsunade the time of day. He descended the stairs noting the laughter had not ended. He wasn't angry, just slightly annoyed. Keeping his face hidden was one thing he could not let go, and he did not want to have to reveal his appearance so early. Tsunade didn't allow much of a choice in the matter.
 
“Ah!” Kakashi stopped and looked at the person who had spotted him. “Kakashi-sensei!” the boy exclaimed excitedly. The white-haired ninja smiled.
 
“Hai, I'll be around for a while this time, it seems.”
 
“Oh?” the young male asked, confused. “No more missions?”
 
“It's a special mission,” Kakashi said. He was glad that the day had not arrived. The mask hide the blush he now had when he thought of what he was supposed to do. The emotion wasn't hidden completely but it was hidden enough. He already knew who was involved in the one condition he had asked for. A hand grabbed Kakashi's shoulder surprising him. The voice sounded too familiar when it reached his ears.
 
“So, Kakashi,” Jiraiya piped up as Gai appeared, walking dutifully their way. “Who do you plan on kissing in one month?” Both Naruto and Gai showed surprised expressions. They couldn't accept the answer that was given, and wondered in mere curiosity.
 
“Sorry, Jiraiya, I can't reveal that information,” Kakashi stated simply. “Besides it's too early to have decided already.” With a shrug Kakashi walked away. Jiraiya's expression fell in what appeared to be disappointment, Gai looked as though he might cry and Naruto watched curiously. None of them had any answers but all had many, many questions.
 
-
 
Kakashi smiled as he entered his abode. It was going to be a relaxing couple of days he hoped. A few days off never hurt anybody. After all, it's not like anybody would really want to kiss him, right? Kakashi was just about to remove a few choice articles of clothing when he noticed the feeling of being watched. He turned around appearing to look nonchalantly at his surrounds as though viewing a long lost friend while in reality searching for the intruder. It didn't take too long as he casually eyed the offending oddity then stretched and smiled.
 
“Feels good to finally be home,” he stated, leaving the room. It wasn't long before the intruder followed him to where he had stopped. He set his hand on top of the intruders head. “Hai, Naruto?”
 
“Ah…” Naruto laughed a bit in embarrassment. “Kakashi-sensei, I…uh…” the young one paused, seeming to be deep in thought.
 
“Why don't you stay here and think about it, I'll be back in a flash,” He replied disappearing down the hall. Naruto almost stopped him but decided to wait because he had forgotten what it was he wanted to ask. The young boy stayed busy attempting to remember throughout the entirety of Kakashi's long awaited bath. The older ninja sunk into the warm bath water after making sure the door was secure enough to keep anyone from entering. Everything that could have been revealed lay out in the open every last bit of skin that could possibly be exposed soon gleamed with a million dancing lights reflecting from the many droplets that cover him. A smile appeared upon his lips, warm and relaxed.
 
Naruto stood up suddenly. “Ah-hah! Kakashi-sensei!” the boy shouted. He spun around only to come face to face with a once more masked Kakashi drying his hair “I…remember, I was going to ask about that mission.”
 
“Ah…so ka,” he sighed. Then he decided it was best just to tell him. “I have to remove my mask in one month and reveal my face to all of Konoha.” Naruto blinked a few times obviously confused then smiled a bit. Kakashi smiled as well glad the boy hadn't laughed like Jiraiya or Tsunade.
 
“That doesn't sound too hard,” he noted.
 
“Ah…Hai, but I added a condition. If I am to remove my mask I would rather remove it to kiss someone,” Kakashi replied, gauging the boy's reaction. Naruto looked even more confused by this however. “I decided I would not remove it for any other reason except to eat,” he added to clarify it.
 
“So you need a month to decide who?” the boy asked. Kakashi smiled.
 
“Perhaps, perhaps not,” Kakashi answered cryptically. “No one other than me will know that `til the time comes.” The boy nodded.
 
“Hai! Um…I'm going to go train,” Naruto said suddenly racing towards and out the door.
 
-
Sneak Peek!
-
 
He leapt gracefully and quickly through the village. Unseen by those he passed over flitting from tree to building to building and so forth until at last he reached the edge. He paused as a familiar chakra pattern washed over him.