Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Wish Upon a Shooting Star ❯ Nanashi's Truth ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Do you see a flashing, neon sign pointing to me saying that I own naruto....I think not!!! Naruto is own by the genius Masashi Kishimoto
If there's any confusion about the ages, Naruto, Nanashi, and the rookie nine are 21, team gai is 22.
Chapter 4- Nanashi's Truth

My life. My life has been nothing less than the deepest, darkest pit of hell. Let me start from the beginning. April 16th, 16 years ago is when my story really begins. I was only 5 and had already went through such pain that would make an interrigator cringe, I never understood why until I heard a man call me a demon as he slashed a kunai across my shoulder. I asked my mother why as she healed me.
*flashback*
My mother had just healed my shoulder and sat down by my bed to catch her breath.
"Mommy," I asked innocently, a confused look on my face.
"Yes, Nanashi?"
"That man called me a demon?"
Though that sentence was meant to be a statement , it came out as a question.
"Why?"
Mother sighed loudly and sadness flickered across her face as she pulled me into her lap.
" 'Nashi, do you remember the demon attack 5 years ago?"
"Of course," I chirped happily, seeing as I remembered something from the academy. "The evil demon Nibi, the 2-tailed cat, attacked the village hidden in the mist, our village, but Sandaime-sama defeated her, but at the cost of his own life and the life of the baby he sealed her in," I stated matter-of-factly.
Mother chuckled lightly.
"Hai, hai, but, Sweety, the truth is that the baby never died."
What," I gasped, tilting my head slightly like a puppy.
"It's true," Mother confirmed, nodding slightly.
"Really?! Who is she...or is it a he? Do I know them," I babbled quickly.
Mother chuckled again.
"The baby was a she, and you happen to know her very well."
I blinked cutely and scrunched up my face as I thought. After a few minutes I pouted.
"But I don't know who I could be Mommy."
"Nanashi, Hunny, It's you," Mother spoke calmly.
"It's me? But that doesn't explain why he calle me a demon. I'm only housing Nibi," I spoke calmly and then my eyes widened to the size of plates.
"I'm....not Nibi....am I, Mommy?"
"No sweetheart. Though we know that, some people do not. A lot of people refuse to acknowledge the truth while they are hurting. Nibi killed alot of people the day she attacked; mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, friends, and so many more, they refuse to realize that you are a human being just like them. They know somewhere in their hearts that what they do is wrong. By believing that you are Nibi they are able to seek revenge for the lost loved ones on you," Mother explained gently as tears ran down her face.
"But Momma?! That's stupid," I pouted in disdain.
"I know sweetie, but alot of things humans do are stupid and it'll always be that way."
"Oh," I muttered sadly.
*end of flashback*
I lost some of my innocence that day and I still don't understand the actions of others.