Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A-Z Narusaku drabbles ❯ Round 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
These are some drabbles I did over at the H&E forums. The goal was to write a 100 word snippet based on the theme. It had to be narusaku and it had to be exactly 100 words. A few of the drabbles are connected and a few are stand-alone. Several have heavy innuendo. A-Z 100 word drabbles

Round 1 (02/2007):

Acceptance

It’s what made him attracted to her in the first place; the longing for acceptance. He wanted it from the village and she wanted it from the raven-haired heartthrob. They both desired that recognition doing everything they could to obtain it. They trained, they studied and they pushed themselves, hoping for reprieve. Ultimately, after years of training and striving for that goal, it was the acceptance of each other that made them the happiest. Through acceptance, came love. He finally received the love from his Sakura-chan and she the looks of endearment from a man who had always cherished her.

Blanket

Naruto tightened the blanket around Sakura’s shoulder. A gentle warmth in his eyes over the dire, yet peaceful scene. They were caught in a blizzard with the hollow of a large tree as their shelter. They both barely fit, their excuse to snuggle. But none of that mattered as long as they had each other. They talked all night to keep each other warm, but the greatest heat came from those slight touches or fond caresses. With hell on earth outside, they were in a blissful embrace of serenity. Enshrouded in darkness with only their unspoken feelings lighting the air.

Curiosity

She always wondered why she had pink hair like her mother and blue eyes like her father. She questioned why she had to take naps when she wasn’t even tired. But she also wondered why her mother had a bulge in her stomach that her father said was her baby brother. So, like the curious girl she was, she asked her parents where babies really came from. They told her that they came from her parents’ love for each other. She guessed that was the reason why her mother had a big belly in their wedding picture: because of love.

Date

“It’s a date.”

“That’s not what I meant.”

“But you said that you wanted a date, so here you go,” Sakura held out the oval-shaped fruit.

He should have known better than to hope that Sakura would actually agree to go on a date with him. He had worn his best shirt thinking that this was going to be his night. Laughter interrupted his thoughts.

“For a person who loves to pull pranks, you sure can’t take one, can you? So, where are you taking me tonight, Naruto?” Sakura said hooking her arm in his.

“Anywhere with you,” Naruto smiled.

Envelope

She couldn’t believe all the junk he had: Ichiraku ramen receipts, eaten cups of ramen, and other things that she couldn’t identify. One of the odd things was a box filled to the brim with sealed envelopes, but no address.

“Naruto? Could you come here for a second?”

“What is it Sakura-chan?”

“What are all these?”

Naruto’s eyes widened and he blushed before answering. “Love letters.”

“Love letters?” Sakura glared.

“They were letters I wrote but never got the courage to give. Well, since you found them, I guess you can have them now.”

Maybe some junk should be treasured.

Fluffy

Caught between the sheets with only a thick fluffy blanket to keep them warm, Sakura took the time to admire her lover. It was unusual to find him so calm and peaceful. She gently stroked the nape of his neck while he slept. Sakura thought she heard him purr. It was funny how despite how much she swore she knew his body, there was always something new she discovered. He was like a cat, except without the fur. Which was fine since she liked feeling his smooth skin. Sakura kissed his exposed neck and then fell asleep beside him, smiling.

Gate

“Wow, that was an awesome movie. But there were some parts I didn’t get. Like why did those two keep on calling themselves the ‘keymaster’ and the ‘gatekeeper’”

“It’s supposed to be a euphemism.”

“Euphemism? For what?”

Sakura looked at Naruto dubiously. “You’re kidding, right?”

“I don’t understand, what’s it a euphemism for?”

“You know, Keymaster for the man and Gatekeeper for the woman . . .”

“I still don’t get it.” Naruto stared blankly.

Sakura gaped at her boyfriend. “You really don’t know?”

Naruto shook his head.

“Let’s go to your bedroom and I’ll explain it in more detail.”

Hat

“I can’t believe you still have this silly thing.”

“Why not?”

“Well, it’s so old and tacky,” Sakura said holding the hat in her hand.

“You never mentioned anything about it when I wore it years ago?”

“We were kids Naruto, it didn’t matter then. We’re adults now and this thing just looks silly on you. You should get rid of it.”

“No!” Naruto reached out and took the goofy dog-cap from his girlfriend.

“Why do you keep it anyway?” Sakura sighed.

“Well,” Naruto blushed. “I always thought of you whenever I wore it.”

“Oh.”

And so the hat stayed.

Ice Cream

It was three in the morning and Naruto was racing through the streets of Konoha looking for a store that was open. Sakura told him it was an S-class mission and if he failed, then he would be subjected to sleep on the couch for a month. His orders: get a gallon of rocky-road ice cream and pickles. Simple enough, but not when most of the stores were closed and to top it off there was an irate pregnant woman ready to kill her husband if she didn’t satisfy her cravings. Naruto sighed, the things he did for his wife.

Jab

“Naruto, are you alright? I didn’t mean to put that much chakra into that last hit,” Sakura asked with concern.

“I’m fine Sakura-chan. If anyone can handle your monstrous strength it’s me!”

“If you say things like that I’m not going to heal you.”

So Naruto did the smart thing and shut-up, letting his teammate heal his bruises. He could faintly hear her chiding him for not blocking that jab to his stomach. Naruto smiled deciding not to comment that he could have blocked it. Besides, it’s not often that he gets to look down Sakura’s shirt without her noticing.

Kiss

It wasn’t what she expected nor how she planned it. It was the right guy, yes. She always thought he would taste like ramen or something salty. But his lips were surprisingly sweet and she felt safe nestled within his arms. Sakura didn’t think that her first kiss would be an accident; a result of Naruto turning over in his sleep and muttering something about how beautiful she was. He was probably dreaming about kissing her. She wondered if she should ever tell him about tonight, maybe when the mission was over. Until then, Naruto certainly made a nice blanket.

Light

The first thing he registered was the loss of warmth; second, the gentle touch on his shoulder. It wasn’t until he heard the familiar voice of his longtime crush that he woke.

“Sakura-chan?”

“Ah, you’re finally awake. Sleep well?”

Naruto nodded as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. When he looked at Sakura, he couldn’t help but notice a change in her. He couldn’t quite place it, but if he had to put it into words she seemed lighter. Something good must have happened to her. Unconsciously, Naruto touched his lips with a smile. Somehow, he felt lighter too.

Magic

He tried to forget about her. He knew she didn’t love him so with a heavy heart and bitter smile, he promised to bring him back to her. Naruto thought that the training trip would help rid him of all his feelings for her. Boy was he ever wrong. All it took was one charka-enfused punch and his heart was afire. Tsunade must have taught her a powerful genjutsu. Naruto swore that Sakura had become more attractive, more alluring than she ever had before. It was like magic because Naruto was willingly caught in the spell that was Sakura Haruno.

New

“How about that one?”

“It won’t match the coffee table.”

“Okay, what about that one?”

“Too small.”

Naruto sighed. Who knew that shopping for furniture was so exhausting. “Sakura? Why can’t we just keep the old couch I have?”

“Your couch is older than dirt and the springs are starting to pop out of it. Besides, it’s nice to get something new every now and then.”

“Yeah, I guess.”

“Think of the couch as a symbol of our new life together. And we’ll need to break it in, won’t we?” Sakura winked seductively.

“In that case, how about that one?”

Obligation

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

“I feel obligated to, I mean you are. . . you know.”

“Is that the only reason why you want this . . . us?”

“No! I mean, yes! I mean . . . I just don’t know Sakura.”

Sakura grabbed Naruto’s hand and squeezed it before resting it against her belly. “I don’t want you to marry me because you feel obligated or pressured. I want you to marry me because I love you and you me. Are you sure you want to do this?”

Naruto smiled, rubbing Sakura’s stomach. “Yes.”

Peas

They were like peas in a pod, even if they didn’t know it. There were the obvious similarities: both being trained by Sanin, both slated to surpass their mentors and both sharing the tragic past of their lost teammate. Then there were the not so obvious similarities. They were both loud and brash, though one only when the other was present. They both enjoyed ramen, though one more than necessary. They were both perverts, though one would never admit it to herself. Maybe that’s why they fell in love. Two peas in a pod, never to be separated: always together.

Question

“Sakura, I have a question?”

“What is it Naruto?”

“Well, when did you start liking me?”

Sakura paused. When was it that she started to fall for the loveable idiot? It was before they started holding hands together, it was before their first kiss and it was definitely before that episode a few nights ago in his bedroom.

“Honestly Naruto, I don’t know. I just started to like you and well, you know how far our relationship’s gotten.”

“Um, yeah,” Naruto said with a blush. “But I sorta wanted to know.”

Sakura silenced him with a kiss. “Does it matter?”

Ring

“I’m gonna marry you someday, that’s a promise,” Naruto mumbled as he snuggled closer.

“Is that a proposal Mr. Uzumaki?”

“You’re awake?”

“Of course I am silly. And you didn’t answer my question,” Sakura turned to face him.

“Well, what if it is?”

“If it is, then where’s the ring?”

“Well, um . . .,” Naruto fumbled. Then his face brightened as he jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. Naruto returned bending down on one knee holding out a lock of his hair tied together in the shape of a ring.

“Will you marry me Sakura?”

“Yes.”

Smile

It was a long hard day at the hospital and Sakura was dead tired. She walked mindlessly to the Ichiraku ramen bar to meet up with Naruto. Honestly, she was so tired right now she didn’t think ramen would be a good idea; she might fall asleep in the bowl and drown. That wasn't good.

“Hey Naruto.”

“Ah, Sakura-chan!”

Oddly enough, after seeing Naruto’s beaming smile, she felt a little more energized. He always had that charm to him. With a bit more energy, she happily chatted with him while they ate in each other’s company; enraptured by his smile.

Tender

Her punches could level a mountain if she wanted to. They could also knock some sense into him, which she did more often than not. Ironically, those hands could also heal severe wounds with tenderness. A mix of destruction and creation all rolled up into one. Yes, that was Sakura-chan. He loved all of her, especially her hands. Soft yet callous, harsh yet tender, but more importantly they were a part of her and a part of him. Everything from the punches she inflicted to the soft healing touches. Naruto loved that dichotomy about her because she was all his.

Underneath

“I don’t know how Kakashi-Sensei ever dealt with us!”

“Trouble with your genin team again?”

“They’re so annoying Sakura-chan, it’s scary.”

“So what did they do this time?”

Naruto blushed. “You don’t want to know.”

“Why not? You tell me everything your team does.”

“Well, it’s just that it involves you.”

Sakura glared at Naruto. “Spill it.”

“Um, you know how Kakashi-Sensei always talks about seeing underneath the underneath?”

“Yeah.”

“I was talking to them about that and . . .,” Naruto whispered the rest into her ear.

“Those brats are dead!” Sakura fumed, intent on injuring some immature genins.

Vibrant

Sakura always loved his eyes. They twinkled like sapphires or stars lighting the night sky. They were vibrant, just like him. She could find herself drowning in the ocean of his eyes and she knew she would never want to be rescued. She found it funny when he once told her that he thought her eyes were also vibrant. Something she never quite saw whenever she looked at herself in the mirror. The twinkle was there, yes, but nothing she had could compare to the energy in Naruto’s eyes. Maybe they shone brighter whenever she saw him. Maybe that’s why.

Whirlpool

Sakura took a break from sewing and gazed at the spiral pattern on the back of Naruto’s torn jacket. She smiled realizing how the swirl truly represented Naruto. He had a way of sucking everyone in, like a whirlpool. They would resist at first thinking, “what sort of madness is this crazy kid up to?” But in the end they’d find that it wasn’t madness, it’s just Naruto. She traced the pattern circling her fingers until she reached the very center of the spiral. Yes, even she got sucked into his whirlpool, but it wasn’t like she didn’t want to.

Xeranthemum

“Sakura-chan?”

“Naruto, you’re finally awake.”

“What are you doing here?”

“Isn’t it obvious? Oh, I brought you some flowers. Xeranthemums. They remind me of you.”

“I failed again, didn’t I?” Naruto sighed. “Don’t worry, I swear I’ll bring him back. Once I get better . . .”

“Shh. It’s okay Naruto. It’s okay.” Sakura held him close. “Do you have any idea how scared I was?”

“I’m sorry Sakura-chan. I didn’t know.”

“Of course you didn’t.” Sakura smiled. “But, you’re here with me so, it’s okay now. Everything’s gonna be fine.”

Naruto closed his eyes and smiled. “Yeah, it is.”

Yes

“Ah, come on, you want to take a nap, right?”

“No!”

“Will you do it for Daddy?”

“No! No nap!”

“Naruto, let me try.” Sakura said. “Sweetie, do you want to be big and strong like Daddy?”

“Yes.”

“Good, why don’t we close our eyes and dream about how big and strong you’re going to be, okay?”

Their son nodded his head and after some soothing words from his mother, he was asleep.

“You finally got him to say ‘yes,’ that’s amazing.”

“No, you’re the amazing one. You got me to say ‘yes’ to you years ago.”

“Yeah, I did.”

Zipper

“Naruto! What are you doing?”

“Um, well . . . my zipper’s stuck,” Naruto blushed.

“It’s stuck?” Sakura flushed. “Then fix it!”

“I’m trying.”

“Try harder!”

“It’s not budging.”

Sakura shyly spoke, “I can fix it for you.”

“What?!?”

“Don’t get any funny ideas! It’s just that, I’m skilled with . . . I mean . . . here, let me.”

Naruto nodded as Sakura got down on her knees in front of him.

“Sorry guys, I got lost on the road to . . . maybe I should come back,” Kakashi said, leaving the teens to their own devices.



A/N: If one or more of the drabbles have inspired you and you’d like to expand on them, feel free to write away. All I ask is that you ask permission first. I may have plans for a few of them.