Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Alone in the World ❯ Revelations ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer-I don't own Naruto. And I also don't own the lyrics I used.

A/N: Forget the whole 'they're 16' bit. Ok? And I'll try to keep them in character, but there are no guarantees. And also forget the last bit about Sasuke. Ok? I was going to do something to him, but I decided not to. Anyway, thanks!

Alone In The World

Chapter Two
        When Naruto woke up, he was confused as to where he was. He sat up and saw that he was in his living room. He couldn't figure out why he was there and not in his room, but then he remembered what he did the previous night and it all became clear. He tried to stand up, and instantly fell back, with a scream. He hadn't been expecting the pain that shot up and down his legs. He took a deep breath to calm down, and brought his feet up so he could examine them. He saw shards of glass embedded in his feet. The blood had dried and he knew it would be hell taking them out. He stood up again, and this time he only winced at the pain. Then he slowly and painfully made his way to his bathroom.

        When he got there, he put the lid of the toilet down and sat. He put his feet up on the tub sill, and turned on the water. He grabbed the towel that was hanging and wet it. He gently cleaned the blood off his feet. Once he got the dried blood off, he started to take out the larger pieces of glass. He winced and tried hard not to scream out loud.

        'Note to self, next time I decide to trash my kitchen, remember to wear shoes,' He thought, wincing as he got another shard out.

        Once he got all the glass out he put his feet under the flowing water. He watched as the water turned red from his blood, and he thought about the night before. He remembered what he did, but he couldn't remember why. He thought hard, but drew a blank. He remembered being filled with rage, but no matter how much he thought he couldn't remember what triggered it.

        'Well, whatever the reason, I feel a whole lot better now,' he thought, smiling.

        Just then there was a knock on his door. He dried his feet and made his way to the front door. With each step he winced. There wasn't as much pain as before but it still hurt.

        By the time he got to the door, the knock had turned into a pound.

        "Hold on!" he yelled, unlocking the door.

        "It's about time!" Sakura exclaimed, as he opened the door.

        "Huh? What are you guys doing here?" He asked, surprised to see Kakashi, Sasuke, and Sakura at his front door.

        "Well, seeing as you couldn't seem to make it to us, we decided to come to you," Kakashi said.

        "What.oh." Naruto said, confused at first, but figuring out what he was talking about fast, he had forgotten that there was training that morning. "Heh, guess I forgot." Even if he had remembered there was no way he would have been able to make it through the training.

        "You forgot? How could you forget?" Sakura asked.

        "Uh." Naruto, didn't know how to answer her without telling her the truth, "I don't know," he said, laughing nervously.

        "Alrigh t, then, what happened to your feet?" Sasuke asked, noticing the blood by Naruto's feet.

        "What do you mean? Nothing happened to them." Naruto said.

        "Then I'm guessing that's ketchup." Kakashi said, pointing at Naruto's feet.

        "Oh, well, ya see, I broke a plate and I accidentally stepped on the glass," he said. 'Well, they can't say I lied.' he thought.

        "And you didn't attend to it?" Sasuke asked.

        'Crap! I don't want to lie, but it seems I have no choice,' he thought, before saying, "Uh, just happened right now, ya'll surprised me and I dropped the plate. And on my way to the door I stepped on it. That's why it took me so long to get here."

        "Are you sure?" Sakura asked, not believing him.

        "Why would I lie?" he said.

        "Well, guess you wouldn't have a reason to, now would you?" Kakashi said, not really believing Naruto, either. "Just be sure you don't forget tomorrow, and get that cleaned up," he said, turning to leave.

        "Alright, you can bet I won't forget tomorrow," Naruto said, watching his teammates and master walking away.

        He shut the door with a sigh of relief and made his way to his bedroom. He had to get cleaned up, just in case there were anymore unexpected guests. But he smiled anyway, even though it was a close call, and they would've known the truth, he was glad they came. At least, now, he knew that they cared, or else they wouldn't have come. He guessed that what he thought last night wasn't true. He stopped. Now, he remembered what triggered his 'tantrum'. He continued on his way back to his room. It was the thought that no one cared about him. He smiled, glad he was wrong. He stopped again, but then that meant he trashed his room and kitchen for nothing.

        'No, it wasn't for nothing,' he thought as he got to the bathroom. He felt better now, after letting out all the suppressed sadness and anger. He got some clothing from the floor, being careful not to step on any of the glass, and made his way to the bathroom. He cleaned up the glass and blood, and took a shower.

        When he got out he wrapped his feet, but he saw that the cuts were nearly healed. He should've known, his wounds always seemed to heal more quickly than they normally should. He didn't dwell on it long; he finished wrapping it and put on his shoes. He ran his hands through his hair, not bothering to put a comb through it and put his headband on. He smiled at his reflection. It was a first; usually he tried very hard to avoid his reflection.

        As he walked down the hall, his stomach growled, and he realized that he hadn't eaten breakfast yet. He couldn't make anything in his kitchen seeing as everything was a mess, so he decided to go out. As he walked out the front door he forgot to lock it.

************************************************************** *********

        Sakura didn't believe what Naruto said. She was determined to figure out what was bothering him. When he didn't show up that morning, she thought he had hurt himself or worse. She was relieved to see that he hadn't done anything more than step on broken glass. But she felt that he was lying about how he did it. Even though, he had no real reason to lie, she still couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more to it than just dropping a plate from surprise. But she needed a good excuse for going back.

        She thought long and hard but couldn't come up with any kind of believable reason to go back to Naruto's house.

        'Screw the excuse, I'm going,' she thought as she made her way to Naruto's place.

*********************************************************** ************

        On his way to the Ichiraku Noodle Bar, Naruto bumped into Master Iruka.

        "Hey, Master Iruka," Naruto greeted.

        "Hey," Iruka responded, "Where are you headed?"

        "Uh, to the Ichiraku Noodle Bar, care to treat?" Naruto said, grinning.

        "Uh, yeah, sure." Iruka said, smiling, "I was on my way to invite you anyway."

        "Sweet!" Naruto exclaimed, as Master Iruka ruffled his hair.

        They made their way to the Noodle Bar in a comfortable silence.

********************************************************* **************

        Sak ura could see Naruto's house ahead. When she got there she was surprised to see Sasuke there as well.

        "Sasuke!"

        "What are you doing here?" he asked, calmly.

        "Me? What are you doing here?" she asked.

        "I asked first," he said, not answering her.

        Sakura saw it was hopeless trying to get anything out of him, so she decided to tell him the truth.

        "I didn't believe Naruto and wanted to find out the truth. There's something up with him and I'm worried about him," she said.

        "Same here," Sasuke said, surprising Sakura once again.

        "What?!" Sakura exclaimed.

        Sasuke ignored her, he shouldn't have said anything.

        "He's not home," he said, trying to change the subject.

        "He's not? How do you know?" She asked.

        "Because I knocked and he didn't answer," Sasuke said, rolling his eyes.

        "Well, then why are you still here?" she asked.

        "Waiting," was his only reply.

        "Oh, okay. Mind if I wait with you?" She asked.

        "Whatever," Sasuke mumbled, before continuing to ignore her.

        Sakura looked around. She'd never been in Naruto's house before and she was curious as to how it looked. She went up to the door and tried the knob, not really expecting it to be open, but she figured she try anyway. To her surprise it was open.

        "Hey, Sasuke, it's open!" She yelled, looking back.

************************************************************ ***********
A/N: What do you think? I know. it sucks. And don't try to tell me that it doesn't because I know that it does. Anyway, review and tell me it suck, and if you don't I'll hunt you down and..never mind.forget that last bit, okay? Thanks!