Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Altruistic Masochist ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own the anime/manga series Naruto nor do I own any of its characters or concepts. I am only using these characters in a work of pure fiction not to be used by others unless asked.
Legend: thoughts speech



In the wreckage of Konohagakure's most prosperous district, the Kyuubi no Kitsune's journey of death and destruction was finally stopped. Many people were lost in the mighty beast rampage. The morning after its death , the once blooming field of flowers Was now a decrepit Graveyard all thanks to this nine tailed monster. For the most part the village was silent;no blaring of music across the districts,no blaring music across the city, no loud arguments about clan superiority, no one running around yelling about Blitzball scores...no sounds at all. Except for the cries of the surviving citizen's looking searching their loved ones. A boy no older than twelve was running through the scattered buildings in search of his mentor.

'Oniisama be alive.' The Boy thought moving in and out of the crumpled streets; that had buildings littering them.

The Boy had on a Black jumpsuit with a spiral design on the back, a wooden sword tied by a thick rope to his right hip. His overall appearance was not as good as others in his age group, but still he was respected; mostly thanks to his mentor.

Who was the first person to care about his well being; at first teaching him out to play Blitzball, then taking him to restaurants way above the food he was used to eating, and most recently letting him within his clan house; away from the orphanage that paid little to no attention to his needs.

The Boys thoughts were drown out by the smells of burnt food at least he hoped it was food. He started to speed up attempting to escape the horrid stench, trying to not to lose throw up.

finally escaping the putrid smells the Boy stopped for a moment to figure out which part of the city he was in.

'The last place Yondaime-sama and that...thing were seen was...' The boy looked up taking notice of the village's Blitzball team insignia hung out loosely on a .

"The Stadium!" He yelled with glee, running to the large Dome like structure
The Boy now stood looking up at gate to the Konoha razor leaves stadium; once the most lively part of all the village, now a void of darkness and this twelve year old child was about to journey in to its shattered confines.

"Whatever is in there I can handle." he said psyching himself up to enter the place where the Kyuubi met its demise.

'I hope.' He thought fading into the darkened hall.

Minutes passed by as he continued his walk through the ghostly arena, he had discovered that some of the power was still functioning not one hundred percent, but enough to keep some of the lights on.

"At least some of the back up power is operational." The Boy said out loud causing an echo to resound across the empty Arena. The young Boy was blinded by light on a different level brightness to the halls he had ran through.

"Oi I made it." He said breathing in the fresh air.

'wait a minute fresh air that doesn't make sense their should be a roof.' He looked to see a blue sky with the sun shining on top.

"Where are Yondaime-sama!?" The boy yelled at the top of his lungs from the fear of what happened to his mentor.

Nothing replied...at first then a small cry echoed across the field. The Boy could not distinguish the location of the sound because of all the decimated metal and concrete;that used to be the roof

"Hello is anyone there!?" The Boy yelled again closing his eyes to zone in on the location of the noise. He received the same cry from the middle of the field.

He opened his eyes looking at the point where the roof tilted making a small cave. He ran to it in hopes of finding the person who saved the village.

As he entered the narrow passage he noticed that the sound was being produced by two sources he sped up only to see a green sphere with blue sphere in front of it.

"Dammit I have no time for this." the Boy grabbed the sword at his in one quick motion sliced the sphere in two nullifying the barrier. 'That was easy.' the boy thought victoriously as he sheath his sword.

the boy deciphered the sounds better with each step he took; the cries seemed to be coming from small children and not of a man, which sadden the boy deeply.

He turned a corner to see the sunlight pour down a small hole in the ceiling onto a Tatami mat with a blanket over two small figures tossing and turning under it.

The boy slowly approached the blanket, keeping one hand on his wooden sword; out of fear of what he might uncover.

He stood over the blanket for a moment nervous of the mystery before. Asking himself whether or not lift the blanket and face whatever move beneath or to run and get help.

The boy went with option a, slowly pulling the cover up revealing two children no older than a couple days.

The boy took notice of the infants looks finding similiarities with the person he cherished.

"Are these your children, Arashi-nii?" The boy asked to no one, but recieved reply from one of the blonde quite reminding him their mother who had went into labor only a few days, before the world seemed to have went through a blender.

The boy bundled the children in the blanket that was over them a moment prior, placing the now silent newborns in his arms.

The boy gazed down at the blonde infants in his arms, finding them quite identical to their father in the way of looks only distinguishing feature being their eyes the one left sharing his fathers sky blue while the other took his mother's almond brown.

"Everything is gonna be alright as I, Uzumaki Tenzou am here." The boy announced giving off a wave of positive vibes.

"Well lets be off."

Tenzou began to walk out of the Hut that started to shake due to the loss of the barrier. Tenzo felt the floor under him tremor and parts of the ceiling crack. He was halfway through the tunnel when the boy on his right sneezed, in certain situation a baby sneezing could be seen as cute especially when the child has cat like whisker marks; this situation was not such occasion.

Tenzou practically had a heart attack as the tunnel started to collapse around him, thinking quickly like any shinobi would he did what any shinobi in his situation would ... he ran like the gods were chasing him.
Five minutes later: outside the tunnel

"Your so lucky that I can control wood, that last piece was close to crushing us." Tenzou said shaking his head to knock the dirt off himself to his back and sides trying not to dirty up the babies in his arms. If he hadn't known better the babies appeared to be laughing at him.

"Now onward to the Sandaime we go!" Tenzou sprinted away from the blitzball fiel straight to the center of the village where the Hokage tower stood.