Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ametyst Rings ❯ Konoha awakens ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Amethyst rings
 
Chapter 1: Konoha awakens
 
 
On with the fic!
 
After reading the article Kakashi dropped the paper “IRUKA!! Check Sasuke's room now!!!” [1] “He's not here!!' Kakashi stood. Eyes fixed on the article Sasuke wrote, then it hit him. Sasuke was right. Konoha had become weak in becoming a civilian state. Since then many misfortunate events happened, the murder of Hayate and the kidnapping of Itachi, his eldest, and Hyuga Neji. They all had failed Konoha. Sasuke was the only one who saw through these changes and still believed in the way of the ninja. “Tsunade!” he burst in the room of the former hokage along with Iruka who spoke first “He is right Tsunade. Konohagakure must come back.” Tsunade eyed them sadly “I know… the people have woken up because of the article of your youngest Kakashi., but Konoha cannot come back quick enough to send help for Sasuke. Oto is the one which conducted these attacks” Tsunade averted her gaze to the floor “I'm sorry to say that Sasuke may not survive.. Itachi and Neji also.. I'm sorry”
 
~~~~~ Suna ~~~~~
 
“Kage bunshin no jutsu!” Copies of Sasuke appeared, all smirking proudly. “Hey you!” The copies disappeared and out come a red head nin of Suna “Kazekage-sama” Sasuke bowed his head slightly to show respect. The red head blushed “I already handed that position to Kankuro Uchiha.. I mean Hatake” Sasuke regained his balance and looked away “Just address me as an Uchiha. I'm not used to the Hatake business yet” Gaara approached him “Moving on, What are you doing here in Suna” “I'm practicing some jutsus seeing if I can still do it all” “Oh.. but why bother? Konoha is already a civilian state.” Sasuke got his hitai-ate band from his bag and looked at it with sadness and anger “I am not a civilian.. I never was… I am a ninja” Gaara smirked at Sasuke's reaction “I see.. But you still cant call yourself a ninja without a country to serve… here” he got a hitai-ate band with a Suna symbol from only God knows where. “Welcome aboard Uchiha Sasuke” Sasuke accepted the band and tied it on his forehead. “ You can stay at my place and I can help you with your training” Sasuke just nodded because he did not know what to say. Again Gaara started talking “Out of curiosity… Why are you doing this? Why can't you just move on from the way of the ninja?” Shadows covered Sasuke's eyes “They took my brother and Neji. I just can't wait for other nins to do something… I heard that Konoha isn't a protectorate of Suna anymore and that they are coming back to the way of the ninja.. But..” Gaara raised a non-existent eyebrow “But what?” “It will take a long time for Konoha to be able to send out nins again.. I don't think that there is still time for them..”
Gaara placed a hand on Sasukes shoulder “At least there is still a ninja left in you..” Gaara looked at the darkening sky “Let's go. I promise that I will help you train in the morning.” Sasuke smiled “Alright Gaara.. lets go”
 
It wasn't long before Sasuke got used to being a ninja again. He also got used with living in Suna and training with Gaara. Sasuke who always kept his emotions hidden was having a hard time hiding them when the object of hiss affections is the one training him and little did he know that Gaara was in the same position with him. One afternoon “So.. Were done with your chakra, stealth, speed, stamina, gejutsu, taijutsu, ninjutsu and your sharingan.. why don't we have a little exercise.” Sasuke looked at him curiously. `what the hell does he have in mind?' he thought “Pretend I'm Orochimaru, you already got Itachi and Neji out of harms way. Now I am going after you. Remember that Oro has mastered elemental jutsus so you better think fast. Shall we start?” “lets” Sasuke jumped to the higher part of the trees “Ready or not Uchiha, here I come” Gaara chased Sasuke and tried different types of jutsus, Sasuke eluded them all. When Sasuke thought he got away from Gaara, the sand nin came from the upper branch of a tree pinning him down “Quick Sasuke bot not quick enough” Gaara grinned, then he noticed the position that they were in. Sasuke was turning to a tomato looking sideways “Don't show weakness in a battle situation Uchiha” Sasuke swallowed `why isn't he getting of me? Maybe I'm supposed to do some jutsus' Sasuke thought, then he realized that his hand were pinned at the sides of his head `He's so vulnerable' Gaara thought. “Don't..” Sasuke was really freaking out at the way Gaara was looking at him Gaara leaned closer “Don't worry... I won't hurt you.. I'm not Orochimaru.. I'm Gaara.. And I will protect you [2]” Sasuke blushed harder “Sasuke” Gaara closed the gap between them and by some miraculous power Sasuke kissed back. After some blissful seconds they parted, both out of breath and faces a fiery crimson “Gaara.. Is this?” “Just trust me Sasuke” Gaara helped Sasuke up and hand in hand they headed home each with a smile on his face.
 
~~~~~ Oto ~~~~~
(Count Dracula theme here)
 
Itachi and Neji is under the power of Orochimaru and his apprentice Yakushi Kabuto “Orochimaru-sama” A jounin of the sound appeared before him “What?” “A ninja is headed this way to retrieve Uchiha Itachi and Hyuga Neji.” “so?” “according to the scouts this ninja is an Uchiha” That part caught Orochimaru's interest “Sasuke..” Orochimaru smirked “Track him down and make sure he safely gets here” The jounin left then Kabuto stepped out of the shadows. A frown on his face “Why would you want Sasuke to reach Oto?” Orochimaru faced his apprentice “You already got what you want didn't you? And now he wants his brother and friend back, besides you already got what you want from them didn't you?” Kabuto's face remained blank “I still don't see the point” Oro sighed Kabuto can be really dense sometimes “Think about it Kabuto, the beautiful Uchiha Sasuke beneath you, begging you to ravish him, to claim him as yours” Kabuto grinned at the picture in his head “Well?” “I'm in”
 
 
A/N: Finally I've got that out of my head
[1] Kakashi is married to Iruka and has adopted Itachi and Sasuke to relieve them of the pressure to rebuild their clan. And yes, Konoha is okay with it since the two Uchiha brothers started to lighten up after it. My friend, whom I shall address as Chen, was the one who thought about the adopting thing. We even made an equation look: dolphin (Iruka) + scarecrow (kakashi) = Fan (the Uchiha brothers) crazy I know…
[2] I got that line from legend of Mana. This line will be important in one chapter.