Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bachelor Life or Marriage ❯ day 3: book and a kiss ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Naruto, I do not own.

It is still the third day. It's nighttime now, about 8:30 P.M. they're at home)

(8:30 pm)
-In The Kitchen-
Kakashi put down the grocery bag and took out his book. Yuri opened Kakashi's door to let Pakkun come out. He scampered out and sat on Kakashi's leg.
Yuri stretched, “Man, I'm tired and it's still early. I'll make something quick and go to the bookstore.”
There was no awkward silence at all between them. No tension anywhere. It was a companionable silence. It took fifteen minutes to prepare the food and another fifteen to cook. She made sesame chicken fingers with dipping sauce and onion rice. She filled her plate and Kakashi's plate.
“Aah, much better. Cooking for my pretend fiancé is great!” she smiled.
“Pretend?” he eyed her.
“K-chan, you must stop this. I know you want to marry me but all you have to do is ask and I might say yes,” she gleefully said.
He brightened, “Ok!”
She looked a little shocked. He took her hand in his and looked in her eyes.
“Wei Yuri. Will you marry me?”
/Hurry, don't go into shock! Say yes, dreams might do come true/
She opened and closed her mouth, “…”
“I'll take that as a yes.”
He went out of his chair and hugged her. She still didn't move and then he whispered something. She just got it.
“Just kidding,” he laughed.
/Oh, you shouldn't have said that. She would've taken it/
“Dang! My plan backfired,” she snapped her fingers and grinned.
Kakashi chuckled. He set his book down to finish his food. How does he not choke doing that? She dangled a piece of chicken under the table. Pakkun slid down Kakashi's leg and ran to the chicken.
`This is what food must taste like in paradise!' Pakkun thought, licking her fingers.
“Stop doing that.”
“What?”
“You're going to make Pakkun a glutton for your food.”
“Least I know he likes it. Don't you boy?”
She picked Pakkun up and he barked.
“I hope you don't always do that.”
“Think he's going to get fat? I don't think so. Dogs should like our food just like us. Don't worry, I won't give him too much.”
Pakkun drooped, but then lifted up when he saw her wink at him. She washed the dishes.
“Well, come on. Let's go to the bookstore K-chan.”
“Hmm, why?”
She tugged on his sleeve. She pouted.
“You mean you don't want to come with me? I heard it came out, I guess I'll just go by myself and ask someone directions to it.”
“What book?”
“I thought you was a fan of the series. Icha Icha Paradise volume eight came out yesterday.”
His eyes widened, he looked at the calendar. It was there yesterday, in big bolded letters, `ICHA VOL. 8'
“Let's go,” he said.
He grabbed her hand and poofed to the bookstore. The owner greeted them.
“Ah, Kakashi. I thought you would've been the first one here yesterday. You're pretty lucky too because we only have one book left.”
She took a book from under the counter and there it was Icha Icha Paradise volume eight. Kakashi put it under his arm and looked for Yuri. She went into a small aisle and he followed her.
“Find anything yet?” he whispered.
Yuri looked up on the shelf, she tried to go on her tippy toes, but she couldn't reach.
“Could you get that book please?”
“Which one?” he looked up.
“Guilty Pleasures.”
The book just had to be on the top at the very corner of the shelf. And please note that this is a small aisle. So, Kakashi had to lean over Yuri to get the book in the corner. Yuri stepped back to the wall.
“You just had to pick the one on the top, didn't you?” Kakashi complained.
“I heard it was good.”
He stepped closer and got the book. He looked down at her. She looked at him. He bent his head down a little more, entranced by her gray eyes.
“You sure you wanna make out here, K-chan?” she whispered.
He cleared his mind /should've said yes/ Inner Kakashi disappointed.
He backed up and gave her the book. She grinned at him.
“Wanna get me another book?” she asked.
He thought about it and saw her smirked.
“No”
“Aww, K-chan. You should've said yes, I would've kissed ya.”
He looked away, again he was blushing
/Please say anything/ he pleaded.
“Really?”
She nodded.
“But, you lost your chance. Try again later when I'm in the mood.”
She patted his arm and pushed him out the aisle. The shopkeeper glared at Yuri, Yuri noticed, gave a devious grin, and hooked her arm in Kakashi's. She glared even more, Kakashi didn't notice because he was getting money out of his pocket.
It was a good thing there wasn't a sign that said `We refuse the right to service anyone' because Yuri would've been flat out refused. They paid for their brand new books and went home.
/-/-/ Home /-/-/
(10:00 pm)
Yuri hurriedly took off her boots and ran to the couch. She crossed her legs and took out the book.
“Oh yeah! Almost forgot.”
She jumped back up and ran to the kitchen. Kakashi saw all this; he went into the kitchen to see Yuri shaking something. She looked over her shoulder at him. She turned around.
“K-chan! I need you to try some of these drinks for me. You are my official drink taster.”
She had three glasses out and poured three different drinks in the glass. She gave him the first one.
“Try that one first. That is mango and coconut smoothie.”
He sat down and looked at Pakkun who was on his hind legs wanting some too. The smoothie disappeared in the glass. He shivered.
“Don't drink it so fast. Or you'll get a brain freeze. Now try the second one. This is lime and lemon grass cooler. Please drink slowly.”
She handed him a glass with a frosted rim. Then pushed the last glass towards him.
“This is Thai cocktail sling. This is more alcoholic than the others.”
“They're alcoholic?”
“The first and second ones aren't. But you could have made the second one alcoholic. Want to get some more?”
“No, I'm fine.”
He tried the last drink. Yes, a strong kick of whisky hit his taste buds. He finished and looked at her.
“So? Tell me from best to alright which one you liked.”
“I would think you were trying to get me drunk. The smoothie, the cocktail, and then lemon grass.”
“In that order?” he nodded.
“Okay, I'm done here.”
“What was this for anyway?”
“Oh nothing, I just wanted you to try my drinks. I did say I was going to do that, I wrote it down on that paper remember?”
Yuri poured two more glasses of smoothie and went back to the couch.
“So, that was it then?”
Kakashi and Pakkun both followed suit. She handed him a glass.
“What? Wanted something else?” she leaned closer to him.
“No just wondering.” He took a sip.
Pakkun sat between them, looking back and forth at them. He glared at both of them. Poor Pakkun, he wasn't getting anything tonight. They both took out they're new books and started reading.
A series of `heh he,' `giggles,' blushing, and more sipping on their drinks went on for about an hour. Pakkun was off sleeping somewhere.
“K-chan,” she turned a page.
“Hm”
“Give me a kiss”
“For what?”
“Because I want a kiss from you,” she said coolly.
His heart started to skip beats, “Where?”
“On the cheeks,” it skipped and did a loop.
“Sure,” he put his book down.
Yuri put hers on her knee and scooted closer. She turned a cheek for him. His poor heart was doing gymnastics, jumping around and ending in a mid summersault. He gulped and looked at her, looking calm as always. He closed his eyes and came closer.
He kissed soft skin. She smelled like oranges now. I wonder how many seconds did he stay like that? Yuri slowly moved away. His eye or both of them was still closed. She secretly smiled.
`What soft lips he has'
/Yes, isn't he dreamy looking like that. Where's a camera when you need one! Let's ask for one on the lips, too while we're at it/
“K-chan, can I have one on the lips too?” she softly whispered.
`Even though you couldn't see that I turned my head for a kiss on the lips instead,' she silently added.
He turned his head and she got another kiss on the lips. Even with the mask on it was still great. She moved away, leaned on him, and read her book.
/Can this night never end/ Inner Kakashi giggled.
He opened his eyes and watched her read.
“Thank you,” that is what Yuri said.
Later on, she started to doze off trying to keep her head up. Kakashi put an arm around her and put her head on his shoulder.
/Can we do this every night/ Inner Kakashi asked.
`Ask Wei when she's in the mood'
Kakashi held Yuri a little closer.

I feel unsatisfied with this. Kakashi is starting to be a little more bold with Yuri. But what can I say; it's the third night. He needs- well heck both of them needs to stop playing around. Stupid me, I make this agonizingly slow. Thanks for reading. Ja!
A note: Kakashi has a strong sense of smell. Just got it from the net. So he's going to smell Yuri more now that he got the right scent for her. Oh god, I make him sound like a dog. Oh well

Okay! I'm suddenly in the mood to make this a little bit longer.

(It's 3:48 am)
Yuri slowly lifted her heavy eyelids. She noticed that it was dark now, a little too dark. The streetlamp would at least shine in through the windows. So how come she didn't see it? She closed her eyes again.
/It's cause you're facing the couch/
`When did I fall asleep?' she still didn't move anything.
/I dunno, we was busy reading the book. I guess we fell asleep/
`I forgot to change into my pajamas. It's going to get hard to get out of this best sleeping position.' She mentally groaned inside.
/Then don't. We might never find this best sleeping position again. We hadn't found a nice position to wake up without aching or moaning/
`But, I want to sleep in pajamas' she whined.
/Fine. Go open your eyes already and get up/
She opened her eyes, nearly dark now. She looked at the couch.
`Was the color of the couch green? I can't remember'
/No, it wasn't. The couch is dark blue/
She began to feel around now. Did she have a blanket on? It must've been K-chan who put the blanket on. Maybe, the blanket was green. It felt awfully heavy wrapped around her.
`He must be really cold at nights'
She slowly pushed herself up. There were the windows and the light. She looked down at her blanket.
/Oh! By Sakura's great love for Sasuke! It's K-chan/
No wonder she was seeing green. It was K-chan's vest and he was her blanket. His hand was on her hip and she wasn't facing the couch after all.
/Um, should we take this as a good opportunity to touch him now/ Inner Yuri excitedly asked.
`I know huh. He is sleeping and this is our second chance to try again,' she was thinking about it now.
She shook her head, she shouldn't and didn't. She took his hand off her and climbed over Kakashi. She finally got into her pajamas and shivered.
/Why are we wearing only a tank top and shorts? It's freaking cold/
`Because I'm too lazy to find something else. I wanna go back to sleep'
She climbed back over Kakashi and put his hand on her hip again. He unconsciously pulled her closer.
/You know what/
`What?' she looked up at Kakashi.
/You seem perfectly okay with this. You sleeping with Kakashi on a couch. Does this mean anything to you? Could this be a sign from some nosey god who wants to mess with our lives Yuri/
`You think too much. And I am okay with this. I like K-chan more now. I don't care about that nosey god at least he made us meet again right?'
/I guess so. I just expected you to be upset by this and kick him to the floor/
`How could I be upset by a sleeping K-chan?'
/Oh, I don't know for starters…HE'S SLEEPING WITH US/
`Oh that. I don't mind, you did say that I had a good sleeping position maybe this is it. I thought you wanted something like this,' she closed her eyes.
/Oh I do. But only when I know about it/
`So what? You want to go and sleep in K-chan's bed instead? I think this is rather nice'
/We just switched roles didn't we/
`Yep'
/This means you love him right/
`I'm still thinking about it'
/Tomorrow's going to be real fun; we better wake up first. I can't wait to see his face when he wakes up/
`Heh he, oh yeah. Hope he doesn't get too embarrassed. I wonder what excuse he'll come up with'
/Heck! He probably won't have one. He'll be so baffled by what he done because he didn't even know he done it, probably/
`What? So you're saying he might of fell asleep too? That's no fun'
/We won't know for hours. Let's sleep and see/
`Remember when we almost got caught on the first night touching him?'
/Oh yeah, I thought we were going to get in huge trouble/
`Thank god, he was only sleep-talking.' (see end of chapter 4)
/What would've been better was if he confessed his love to us in his sleep. Now that would be awesome/
`Yea, okay okay. Quit fooling around we needs to sleep'
/Ha, you started thinking first/
---
ok, I feel much better with this, a little. Four more days with our two
lovers. Whoo! I'm writing a lot. But it is the weekend, I don't update during the weekends cuz im on all day on the weekdays. Thanks for reading. Ja!
Top of Form
Bottom of Form