Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Backwards World ❯ Naruto's #1 Fan ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Naruto's #1 Fan

Here's the next chapter! And I'm quite proud to have put it up earlier than I have with my others. Oh, and...I also decided to include a little more details in here that aren't actually in the actual series. I'm sorry if I did anything wrong, I just want to make the story sound more interesting. And also...I don't own any rights of Naruto! Don't rub it in!! Okay! Start the chapter in 5,4,3,2....

* * * * * * * * * *

Naruto, officially bummed out and somewhat exhausted, walked the quiet streets in the night, rubbing his backside to try and ease the pain from getting kicked out of that club. Even though he was frustrated, tired, hungry, thirsty, and confused; he was mostly very sad. He was having the worst time ever, and he desperately wanted to return home. He was lost for what to do. He didn't know how long he would have to remain in this alternate universe. But one thing was certain; each minute that passed increased his longing for home. The place he was now was not home. For Naruto, the place he was in now was naught but a pitiful replica of the world he once lived and loved. None of it felt right. Absolutely nothing. And he couldn't find his opposite anywhere. He had been scavenging the entire village, and yet still found nothing. Not even a trace. Though as he walked, a hand was placed upon his shoulder suddenly, making him stop.

Turning his head slowly, afraid, he saw it was a young girl about his age, with rose-pink hair and sad green eyes.

"Sakura...?" the boy asked. The girl looked up slowly.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. She looked down suddenly.

"I need some help, maybe some company." she answered.

"Why?" Naruto asked. She swallowed.

"I just...feel kind of empty. I have so many wonderful friends, and I'm really skilled at jutsu and all that, but...I don't actually have anything to look forward to." she said, blushing slightly as she finished the last few words, looking up into the boy's eyes. Naruto looked at her skeptically.

"And that's why you're hanging around here in the dark?" the boy asked, in a bit of a careless tone. He walked closer to her and put a hand on her shoulder. She flinched a bit, but recovered as she began to lift her head up again. A sudden thought came to Naruto's hand as the hand left her shoulder and gently grasped her wrist. "Come with me." was all he said as he led her away. Sakura was baffled, but blushed deeper as she felt his warm hand on her wrist, and wondered where he would take her.

After a few minutes, they came to the Nien Ramen Bar, which was actually supposed to be the real Konnyaku bar, not Ichiraku. It was still open, despite how late it was. Naruto knew it was there, but he just didn't feel like eating some for once, since he lost of his track of smell and his stomach had shut down on him. His eyes suddenly turned to Sakura. They were almost emotionless, with an exception of slight concern.

"I'll treat you to some ramen, okay?" he asked, letting go of her wrist. She hesitated as she nodded her head. He led her into the restaurant, which was somewhat smaller than Ichiraku. There were only two seats available. Behind in the kitchen was a tall woman and her son, who were both about the same age as the old man and his daughter at the Ichiraku Bar.

"Two bowls, please." Naruto said quietly. The woman nodded as she told them to take a seat. The boy prepared the food and set it on the table.

"Itadakimasu!" Naruto and Sakura said together as they picked up their chopsticks. Sakura fidgeted with her food as Naruto gulped down his with gusto. It felt good for him to have some nice, hot ramen to eat. And while he ate, he seemed to forget that he was in a whole different reality. That his favorite bar was a bar for his least favorite food, his teacher was Hokage and his other was a goodie goodie, his arch-rival was a sissy, the boy who always looked up to him was now his prime target for embarrasing pranks, and the girl of his dreams adored him...

And was apparently blushing darkly as she just stared at her food, playing with her chopsticks apprehensively. "You okay, Sakura? Why won't you eat?" Naruto asked, his mouth still full, but he swallowed. The nervous girl slowly turned her eyes to meet his, and her blush grew darker as she noticed how small the bar was and how close she was to him. "N-Nothing..." she stuttered, turning back to her food, which she just let sit there. "It's gonna get cold, you know." Naruto reminded, taking another chopstick-full of noodles. She nodded her head as she picked them up and wrapped them in noodles. After careful thought, she dropped her chopsticks and ran out of the bar, just like that. Naruto's eyes bulged as he watched her suddenly skat out of the bar.

"I can't believe what she just did!!" he thought to himself.

"I know, right?" said his conscience.

"Yeah! She didn't even finish her ramen!" he thought. He quickly rummaged through his frog coin purse and put the money on the counter to pay for the meal as he ran out after her. He found her sitting on a bench in the park, head down. He walked up slowly and sat down next to her.

"Sakura, what's the matter? Why'd you run out like that?" he asked.

"B-Because I just feel so nervous..."

"What? Nervous? About what?" She fidgeted with her fingers, kind of like how Hinata would whenever in close contact with Naruto.

"W-Well...I really like you...and well...I...I wanted to try something...and well..." Sakura mumbled, and Naruto could only understand half of what she was saying.

"ParDON me? I can't hear you! Speak up, would ya?" Naruto asked out loud, somewhat annoyingly. Sakura shrank in his voice, and it made it harder for her to find it. It was then that she slowly lifted her hands, which were trembling, and took Naruto's.

"Naruto...I..."

"???" The boy was confused as the girl held his hands. He didn't question her why; only looked at her with patience and confusion.

"I..." her jade eyes closed slowly as her face came closer to Naruto's. "...want you to be mine....."

Naruto gasped with shock.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Anxiety and excitement erupted in Sakura as her lips came closer to capture Naruto's. They're faces were almost touching as their lips came closer. And then...

BONK.

Sakura's puckered lips fell straight down on the wood of the bench as Naruto quickly got up and faced one of the trees. (XB heehee...)

"Who are you!?" Naruto asked. There seemed to be a figure in the shadow of the tree, their body completely shrouded in the heavy darkness of the night. The figure only glared at him as Naruto growled. It then spoke with a dark and mature tone.

"You really don't know who I am? Then you must be my alternate counterpart."

_____________________________-

Wuh-oh! You hear that!? It looks like someone has just showed up, but not just anybody! Is it actually....!? Well, look forward to the next chapter to find out!


-silverfeather

"!!!!"