Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Balance ❯ Kirimaru ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

She heard it, she knew she did. She heard the ear bursting cry of metal on metal. What she didn't know was why? Last she knew, when heads were pierced with a blade, it made more of a squishy sound; completely unlike what she had recently perceived.
 
Her eyes were still wide when she shakily turned her head to see in terror what had happened. The infuriated face of the red-headed girl came into view; the view of the rest of her body blocked by the body of another. For, in the nick of time (oh so literally) the lethal girl had been caught in a weapon lock: with none other than the blue haired boy.
 
She gasped inwardly. She- he- saved her… she was alive… It was amazing…
 
He held her enormous sword back with his dwarf-sized weapon, his kunai. She didn't remember having seen him take one out. Were they really that fast? She shivered.
 
The weapon lock before her continued on. The blue haired boy stared at her. He did nothing more, just stared at her with immense shock and determination. He had no idea what had gotten into her. No matter what the reason, he was not about to let her go berserk on some stranger.
 
“Rika. Stop.” He said sternly, leaning forward and seemingly winning the deadly lock.
 
She shot her crimson eyes into the sky blues of her comrade. A soft breeze blew in between them and passed on, leaving the air so dense around them you could have cut straight through it like butter. Finally, his glare seemed to have worked. She lowered her right hand off of her sword and to her side, keeping her eyes locked with his.
 
`N-no….' Hinata thought in horror. Instead of surrendering, the terrifying girl reached behind her and put her hand on the hilt… of another sword. Hinata wanted to scream but her words had left her; abandoning her miserably as the girl pulled out the sword and slashed straight through the boy.
 
She yelped. The two halves of the boy seemed to hover in the air. She watched in pure horror. Everything around them seemed to go white, and all she saw was the silhouette of his two halves falling limply to the ground. Falling, falling, falling. How could this happen? Why was it happening? She felt tears well up in her eyes until she felt a wet substance splatter upon her.
 
Water.
 
“KIRIMARU!!!!” the red head screamed with wide eyes. She stared insanely at the puddle of water where “Kirimaru's” pieces would have ended up; if that had been him.
 
An impossible wave of relieve surged through the Hyuuga heiress. Taizo smirked. For there, behind the swordswoman, stood the water-style ninja with the girl's arms clutched behind her back.
 
It was genius. He obviously had either known she would attack, or was just as quick as she was. Obviously, he wasn't stupid enough to risk his life so blindly as to go in himself. But when?
 
Her mind flashed back to the moment. The moment she blinked. He must have summoned a clone the moment she came over to distract the girl while he prepared to restrain her. Others might have called him chicken. Hinata thought that was very smart.
 
A grunt from said Rika shook her from her thoughts. The angry red head struggled from his grip, and managed to toss her sword. Her extremely sharp sword. At Hinata. Fortunately, it landed with a shnnnk in the ground by her leg, rather than in her. Still it was enough to make the young woman woozy and slowly begin to collapse.
 
`So… too… fast…' she thought, falling into what she thought was ground.
 
“What are you doing?” She heard an angry voice say.
 
Help me.”
 
If she wasn't already fainting, poor Hinata would've surely k.o.'d, feeling the vibes of a deep voice on her arm.
 
He caught her.