Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Balance ❯ Naruto's Magic ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Hmm… I see…” Tsunade thought gravely.
 
The three ninja stood seriously before her. The jokes were over. Every moment, every word hereafter, would determine the fate of their mission, and much, much more.
 
“Tell me… why should I trust you?” she asked. Her words hung in the air.
 
“Well… ma'am-” Taizo began.
 
“-Trust…” Kirimaru started. “Trust is the foundation of true peace. No one can live in genuine harmony… if there is no trust amongst them.”
 
Rika gazed in wonder at him. Tsunade remained silent. She wouldn't admit it, but they had a point. What they asked of her however… she wasn't sure she could, or should, fulfill. After all, they were a bunch of teens. How was she to know that what they told her was really true? She wasn't. She just had to trust them.
 
­­­­­­­­­­­ ;
“I am so gonna get a mission! You watch Bushy Brow, dattebayo!”
 
“I have no doubts Naruto! May your youth shine brilliantly on this task! Yosh!”
 
“Uh, yeah… sure…”
 
Naruto marched into the hallway leading to Tsunade's office with Lee in tow. When they reached the large door, Naruto jutted his chest out and grinned.
 
“Watch and learn!” he said.
 
“Indeed! I shall watch intently!”
 
And with that, he threw open the door.
 
“Alright… now tell me-”
 
“Hey Granny Tsunade!!” Naruto shouted, sporting his signature toothy grin. He marched in the office like the serious situation before him didn't exist.
 
Sheesh, this kid is annoying. Doesn't he see I'm busy? Tsunade thought. Her eye twitched in aggravation.
 
“Send me on a mission Tsunade! A good one too! Not some crappy D-rank!” Naruto demanded, almost oblivious to the other nins in the room.
 
“Granny? She's pretty hot for an old lady, heh. Looks like he's got the real power here, eh Kiri-kun?” Taizo whispered. Kirimaru shook his head and softly smirked, and Rika secretly slapped the back of his head.
 
“C'mon Granny! Gimme a mission!” the Jinchuuriki whined. A pained pout overcame his features now.
 
“Naruto! You're pretty thick aren't you?” her face, which rested on her enlaced fingers, held a smirk. “Of course, if it weren't for you and your ways, I wouldn't be here.” She finished. Maybe, that's what I need. His ability to make bonds could very well be the key to finding if I can trust these people. Her eyes flicked to the three ninja, who had they're own gazes fixated on Naruto.
 
“So? Are you gonna give me a mission?” the boy asked in hope. Tsunade leaned back in her chair but her smirk never left. He fell on his knees shaking his entwined hands before him. “Please-oh-please-oh-please-oh-please-oh-PLEASE!”
 
“Alright, fine.”
 
“Oh, come on, don't make me…. wait, WHAT?” his face rose and he fist pumped the air. “YEAH!!!”
 
The Hokage simply chuckled and shook her head. “I'll tell you in a bit.” You little nuisance “Now, leave.”
 
And so he did. Very enthusiastically, at that.
 
“Now then,” she said and turned to the shinobi. They immediately sat up. “How long do I have to make this… decision?”
 
“Tomorrow evening, Hokage-sama.” Rika said. Taizo and Kirimaru nodded in agreement.
 
“Hn…” She nodded slowly. Alright, that should give me enough time. All I need is for Naruto to work his magic, and then the real decision-making will begin…
 
 
“Yeah!! In your FACE Lee!” Naruto triumphantly shouted. Lee bowed forcefully and saluted.
 
“That was very brave of you Naruto! You confronted your situation with such valor! Your victory radiates with youth!!” Lee congratulated. Naruto beamed cockily.
 
“Yeah! Bask in the glow of my-uh- youth!” he said with his chest jutted out.
 
“That I will Naruto-san!” He gave him an approving thumbs-up.
 
“Well, if you will excuse me, I must be heading to the mission request room with Gai-sensei. He would not like it if I followed your ways of receiving missions. Farewell Naruto!” And with that and a salute, he left. Naruto turned and made his way out as well.
 
Heh, I got a mission. Heheheh. He thought giddily, stepping out of the building. When he was outside, he saw a pair of ninja walking his way, talking, out of the corner of his eye. Hey, would you look at that, it's Hinata and Kiba. Wonder why Akamaru and Shino aren't with them? Hm…
 
Stupid pup. He heard from inside himself.
 
Hrm, say that again! Dumb fox.
 
“Oi!” He called, running up to meet them.
 
Oh, it's Naruto-kun! Hinata blushed.
 
“He-hello, Naruto… kun.”
 
“Hey Hinata-chan!” he said when they stopped at a corner.
 
What, no hey Kiba? Jerk… The Inuzuka thought with a frown. Naruto seemed to not have noticed as he continued to smile at Hinata, which in turn made her blush more.
 
Heh, that's funny, she's always sick every time I see her! Naruto chuckled inwardly.
 
Ugh. Imbecile… The voice growled deeply.
 
The friendly smile that was on his face turned without warning into a larger grin. “So anyway Hinata! Congratulations on going after those guys! You're really coming outta your shell!” he chuckled at the girl.
 
Oh! He thought I was interested too! Oh no, now how will I ever be able to confess! Not that I would anyway… erm… look… there are three… Narutos…
 
“Yo Naruto, leave before we suffocate on your idiot vibes, eh?” Kiba butt in. Hinata was swaying a little too much for his liking.
 
“Why don't you say that in my face?” the blonde challenged, obviously not taking the hint.
 
“I would, but that means I'd have to look at it.” Kiba rolled his eyes, smirking.
 
“And what's wrong with that huh?!” Now Naruto had a fist in his face. His expression was priceless.
 
“I dunno, why don't you ask all the mirrors that break when you look in em?”
 
“Why don't I ask your mom?”
 
“She'd say you were fugly.”
 
“That's not what she said last night!”
 
“You know what?-“
 
PLOP
 
Both boys looked at each other in confusion. “What the- HINATA!”
 
Naruto jumped to her side and began to shake her. “Hinata! Hinata!”
 
That's strange, didn't she JUST faint a little while ago? There's no way she- oh… “Eh Naruto, leave her with me I'll take care of her.”
 
“What? You sure?”
 
“Yeah. Don't worry about it.”
 
They stood in silence for a moment. He didn't want to just leave her… but Kiba knew about her best.
 
“Well, alright.” He gave in. He stood and jogged a few meters away, then stopped. “Oh! Tell Hinata I said bye!” he shouted, then disappeared around a corner.
 
“Did you hear that Hina-chan, or do I have to repeat it?” he said, still facing Naruto's direction and leaning in beside her. He smirked when hints of red crept onto her still features.
“I-I heard…” she whispered. It was just like Hinata to try to stop an argument, and doing so without violence was all the nicer. Kiba knew he had to do something for this sweet girl.
 
“Wait! I got it!” Kiba exclaimed. The heiress sat up curiously. Her hair slid off of her shoulders and swung slightly before touching the sidewalk. “Have you noticed that ever since you went looking for those guys, Naruto's been paying more attention to you?” she nodded bashfully as he helped her of the ground. “You know what I think? You have to get him jealous!”
 
Hinata kept her gaze low during their walk to the training grounds, but at that thought, she shot her wide eyes forward. Though she highly doubted it, she figured it might work. Besides, if Kiba, Naruto's close academy friend, thought it would work, then why doubt it?
 
Her bashful smile crept onto her face and her shoulders rose in giddiness. Kiba knew he gave her hope, and he was glad, but he still had a twinge of guilt in himself for doing so. He couldn't help but feel he was misleading her.
 
She doesn't have a chance, being as shy as she is, he thought and smiled pitifully, Naruto's just too dense. Idiot… Maybe, I could get her to fall in love with someone else. Like unintentionally! I'll set her up on some dates, and maybe someone will “broom her off her legs” or whatever. Kami… I hope this works…