Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bliss ❯ Bliss ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.
 
Summary: Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.
 
Bliss
 
If you watch Konoha from a far distance, or at a great height, you could believe that it was either not there or completely innocent. You see most of what you see in other villages: children, men, women, and babies. You see the same buildings: a hospital, tall towers, supermarkets, banks, homes, and offices.
 
You see parks, trees, flying flags, high towers.
 
You could watch Konoha for years and never notice anything wrong, from such a distance.
 
From that distance, you can see only blurs and vague outline, splotches of color and general movement.
 
You see the glint of lights from thrown weapons, and you think, “Ooh, pretty lights.” The blood on their bodies you see as red clothing, the defeat or bloodlust in their eyes you do not see at all. As you watch them fight, you think it strange that they should dance outside together, when it seems that have just met.
 
Still, the strangeness can be dismissed as local custom, and the flashes as tray lights, and the blood as smashed berries, spilled wine, or just paint.
 
Ignorance, for now, is bliss.