Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Of Eternity ❯ Itachi's Bait ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blood of Eternity
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto but I do on the OC's
 
 
A/N: I know the last chapter wasn't much, but I promise a lot more is going to happen this time. I'm both relieved and sorry that the story's almost over. I love this story; I'm just tired of thinking about it morning noon and night. Also Kitty wants me to write a story with both of us in it again, so the next one is going to include her and me. I promise you; you won't want to miss it. Anyway, on with the ass kicking and blood sucking!
 
 
`Oh man, where am I?' Kiba thought as he slowly regained consciousness only to realize he was tied securely to a tree. `What the hell?'
 
 
“Well nice to see you're awake” an unknown voice said. Kiba lifted his head with a heavy groan of exertion to see a tall man with black hair pulled back in a pony tail that ended in the middle of his shoulder blades. He was wearing a long black cloak with cloud like designs over it. “Did you have a nice nap?” he asked as he pushed off of the tree he had been leaning on. “Who are you?” Kiba asked suddenly feeling wide awake. “My name is Itachi.”
 
 
“Why have you tied me up?” Kiba asked straining against the ropes to no avail. “Because if you leave I'll have no bait to catch my fish with.” “What? What do you mean `catch your fish with'? Damn it! You better untie me right now or I'll......” here Kiba was cut off by a kunai flying by his face before lodging itself in the tree slashing his cheek in the process.
 
 
“I don't think you're in a position to threaten” Itachi said looking straight into his eyes. Kiba felt as if he was falling into darkness. His whole body was numb with fear. Then suddenly intense pain began shooting through his body. He screamed in agony. Every nerve cell in his body was pulsating with pain. Suddenly the pain stopped, giving him enough time to catch his breath. “How was that?” Itachi asked in a sickening voice. “I wouldn't feel too relieved if I was you, things only get worse from here on out.”
 
 
As soon as Kiba had regained a normal breathing patter the pain began again, this time more intense then the last time. He screamed louder and strained against the ropes that held him. But a few seconds after the pain had begun it stopped suddenly. Although he still couldn't see he heard the sounds of metal hitting metal and then the sudden swish of air of a teleportation jutsu. As he slowly regained his sight he felt the ropes loosen until he was able to slump to the ground.
 
 
“Kiba!” a woman's voice called to him as he leaned over to vomit. “Kiba are you alright?” she asked even more frantic than before.
 
 
“I'm fine, I'm fine.” Kiba said as he tried to get his eyes to focus. After several minutes his surroundings came into focus and he was able to see the Vampkage sitting beside him in the snow. Her hair was a bit wild and wind swept and she had small scrapes over her hands and face. “Lady Vampkage! What are you doing here?” he asked confused by her presence. “I came to rescue you silly” she said her voice full of emotion. Kiba stared into her usually cold eyes. But instead of their usual hardness he saw fear and sadness. He noticed her body was shaking from what appeared as both cold and emotion. He wanted to reach out and hold her. He wanted to comfort the woman he had come to love. As he was about to reach out a hand to up her to him he heard someone cry out her name.
 
 
“Lady Haruno! Lady Haruno! Where are you Lady Haruno!?”
 
 
“Over here Akina!” She called back as she quickly regained her composure.
 
 
The next few hours were a complete blur to Kiba. He remembered the Vampkage giving everyone orders. He remembers being half lead, half carried back to the castle by two of the leaf Jonin, Kakashi and Asuma probably, he remembered the humans being instructed to return to their rooms while the vampires had an important meeting. He had half walked half stumbled to his room and flopped down on the bed not even bothering to remove his clothes. His whole body seemed to cry out in pain as he lay their trying to get his thoughts in order. Why had this Itachi guy taken him? He had never met him before. And what did he mean `bait for a fish'?
 
 
Kiba lay on his bed for several minutes pondering about it before he finally fell into a deep sleep.
 
 
Several hours later, he awoke to the sound of his door being open. Automatically he jumped out of the bed drawing a kunai in the process. “Who's there!” he demanded. He was just barely able to make out the outline of a small person standing in the entrance of his room. “Are you alright Kiba?” the figure asked as she stepped out of the darkness.
 
 
“I'm fine Lady Vampkage” Kiba said with a sigh of relief as he slipped the kunai back into its holster. “Is anything wrong?”
 
 
“What happened to your cheek?” she asked completely ignoring his question. “Hm?” Kiba responded raising a hand to feel the small streak of dried blood that had mixed with his usual face paint. “Oh, it's nothing, that Itachi guy threw a kunai at me.” “Itachi threw a kunai at you?” the vampire asked suddenly snapping to attention. For the first time since she had found him, Kiba looked deep into the eyes of the Vampkage. Her emerald green eyes were brimmed with tears and they seemed to be shaking. “Lady Vampkage, are you alright?” Kiba asked unsure of what was bothering the woman so much. With a cry of his name, the pink haired shinobi threw herself into his chest. Instinctively Kiba wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on top of hers as she cried.
 
 
After several minutes the Vampkage's tears stopped but still she didn't pull away from him. “I'm sorry Kiba, this was my fault” she whispered to him. “No it wasn't” Kiba assured her “How could it be your fault?”
 
 
“Because Itachi is after me. He wants nothing more than to see me dead.” Sakura replied her voice choking at the end, a sure sign she was about to burst into a new round of tears.
 
 
“Why would he want to kill you? Do you even know him?” Kiba asked as he rubbed her back trying to keep her from crying again.
 
 
“Know him” Sakura replied with a bitter laugh “I was his lover”
 
 
A/N: I know I'm going to get some angry e-mails. I can just feel it. Please read and review.