Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Broken and Perfect ❯ Broken and Perfect ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Here's another story. Why? Because I like this couple. I don't particularly care for Sasuke, but I love Anko to death. There should be more fanfiction on her. Anyway, please R&R!
 
 
Info:
 
Title: Broken and Perfect
 
Author: Melissa Norvell
 
Couple: SasukeAnko
 
Rating: G
 
Summary: ONE SHOT. SasukeAnko. … because he is broken and she is perfect.
 
 
 
 
::::
 
Broken and Perfect
 
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
 
:::
 
 
 
He's not sure why he had asked her to accompany him. Perhaps it was because her life seemed so mundane, yet she was a ninja anyway. She battled against Orochimaru to save him. Maybe it's because he knew she would say yes if given the appropriate chances. Maybe he missed the narrow-eyed, sadistic, untouchable and unbiased wonder.
 
Or maybe it's because she's everything he could never have.
 
He wasn't sure why he brought her to see the massive demise. It was cruel- but now he's managed to admit that to himself. Even if she had been against Orochimaru, throwing her in the middle of the madness which had stricken Konoha, it was almost a punishment for choosing him as a sensei.
 
Maybe Sasuke wanted to test her. Maybe he wanted to get the worst out of the way.
 
Or maybe, subconsciously, he wanted Anko to leave before he got too close to her.
 
He's not sure why she didn't leave. He brought her back to Konoha, a world no longer his, and told her to leave him. She wanted to go out to eat instead. His strange defense mechanism hadn't worked on Anko Mitarashi. Because she had stayed, he took her somewhere he'd see her eyes light up- a beautiful spot in the forest. When they took a wrong turn and didn't end up in the right place, she took it in stride, looking so beautiful he hadn't been able to help saying something. She was too beautiful, and he's falling.
 
But he holds back, because he is broken and she is perfect.
 
After he left, he'd be sure she'd hate him. She utters the words and his heart nearly stops, but he keeps going- just for a visit. As much as he thinks of her as an enemy now, he owes her too much to say no. It becomes a bad habit when he's slapped and a good thing when things get interesting and he thinks his contact with the residents of Konoha and a bad thing when he puts Anko in danger. Things go from bad to horrific when he realizes he would let an entire village full of millions of people would be destroyed if he let her live.
 
It terrified him and thrilled him at the same time, but the terror is worse.
 
He's almost sure she wouldn't leave him when she stayed even after everything with Orochimaru. He couldn't bring himself to do it, because he's afraid that the day he does is the day she'll be angry with him. He's afraid of how much it will hurt if he does. He's afraid he needs her, and he's afraid that Orochimaru was right. Not in saying he would make a good Missing Ninja himself; that isn't what truly scares him. No, he's afraid she's the woman he loves.
 
And he can't do that, because he's broken and she's perfect.
 
 
END
 
 
 
A/N: Yeah, random and short. Please review and tell me what you think.