Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Chibi ❯ First Encounter ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chibi

Chapter 2: First Encounter

Kunoichi 008

 

* * *

 

Black eyes opened and glared blearily in protest against the early morning light. The avenger thought fleetingly about just sleeping in just this one time but knew, without a doubt that somewhere out there, Itachi was already awake. So in order to spite said missing nin the raven haired boy sat up in his bed, swing his legs over the side of the mattress, and promptly wished he didn’t.

 

Pain tore through the soles of his feet and traveled at lightning speed through various nerve endings towards his sleep-deprived brain. Eyes bugged out impossibly as he emitted a pained yell from his throat. He leapt backwards into his bed, landing on his back, he sprang up to sit on his rear as he grabbed his feet. ‘Makibishi?!’ He thought incredulously, staring down at his two appendages like they were demons. Growling he picked at the items that stuck themselves tenaciously at his feet wincing all the while. That done he looked at the floor, his brows rose as he took in the randomly scatter makibishi strewn around on the ground.

 

Senses on high alert Sasuke did a quick chakra scan within his home, but found no other chakra signature within the area. He grumbled to himself about Kakashi or Naruto playing some stupid prank on him as he grabbed some gauze from a nearby nightstand. He’d just get the bastards back during training.

 

Sometime later the Uchiha heir strode less than regally out of his bedroom with a grimace of pain. His feet were wrapped up carefully with bandages, but blood still bled through. ‘I’m gonna have to get Sakura to check it out.’ He thought sourly, making his way to the bathroom down the hall. When the door shut tight after the avenger, a small black haired head peaked out from behind the doorway to the living room.

 

The chibi figure let out a small sigh of relief. He hadn’t been caught. At least not until a certain avenger found out about the clogged toilet . . . . .

 

 * * *

 

Sunlight streamed in through a spotless window and onto the sleeping-like-the-dead form of Haruno Sakura. Said girl tossed and turned, trying desperately to block out the bright light of the morning sun.

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP

 

Sakura groaned and burrowed deeper into her nest bed. "A few more minutes." She moaned.

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP

 

A pale hand reached out and snatched a stray pillow before crashing it over her head in a rather futile attempt to muffle the alarm clock’s incessant voice.

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP

 

CLICK

 

The girl sighed happily. Oh how splendid was the joyous moment of youthful abandon within the soft confines of her cushiony prison (she was very grateful neither Gai nor Lee could read minds). The alarm never stops unless someone turns it off was a vague thought that flittered through the girl’s head but it was immediately dismissed in favour of the rather dashing dream she was having about a certain avenger . . .

 

A small hand suddenly reached up to gently shake the dead-to-the-world girl’s shoulder. "Wake up." The voice murmured. "You’re gonna be late for where ever you’re supposed to be."

 

Emerald eyes shot open followed by a lithe body shooting out of bed. "Oh crap!" Sakura cried as she glimpsed at her clock. "I’m gonna be late!" She yelled, forgetting completely about her sensei’s utter lack of punctuality. She hastily threw on some clothes and rushed out her bedroom door towards her bathroom down the hall.

 

Meanwhile another set of larger emerald eyes watched Sakura’s hasty dash. Taking all the time in the world one foot five individual made her way down to the kitchen area in a more sedated pace. "I better make some breakfast." The child like figure murmured and as an afterthought added, "And bento for lunch."

 

 * * *

 

An old bent figure grumbled as his sipped at his coffee from his large white mug. The old man glared up evilly towards the ceiling above him and tried adamantly to ignore the incessant snoring coming from the apartment upstairs. He looked towards his clock and nodded to himself almost absently. It was time to open up the old toy store. He’d inherited it from –

 

Back to the story. Ahem! Let’s forget about the old geezer and instead concentrate on the apartment above. Or to be more precise the snoring being above who was dreaming the morning away about ramen, Sakura-chan, ramen, being hokage, ramen, training, ramen, what Kakashi-sensei looked like without his mask on, ramen and did I mention ramen?

 

In the dirtied kitchen belonging to the snoring blonde another being was sitting placidly but looking around curiously. This being, however, was wide-awake with his whiskered face turning this way and that with a wide-eyed stare. After a few more minutes of random staring he started making his way around the apartment in wonder and awe. The piles of manga and jutsu instruction books lay in towering heaps that nearly reached the ceiling, vast plains of unwashed clothes and scattered weaponry, not to mention that green moldy thing in the corner resembling a piece of cheese.

 

A loud snore. "Sakura-chan . . . I love ramen too . . ."

 

The little chibi’s ears perked up when he heard the slurred sleepy voice and without any hesitation followed the source of the voice. Peeking from behind the doorway of the bedroom, the little chibi crept up slowly to the slumbering blonde.

 

Snort. "Sasuke-teme . . ."

 

A small hand reached out and curiously poked Naruto’s face. The sleeper turned his head away but didn’t react otherwise. With a raised brow the smaller figure climbed on top of the whiskered blonde, when he received no reaction he slowly stood up. "Oi. Wake up." He said.

 

Naruto muttered something in his sleep.

 

The chibi scowled. "Get up!" He lifted up a leg and swiftly brought it down before jumping back down onto the ground.

 

"GAH!" Naruto shot up and looked about with a scowl. "Whuda vuck zid dat!?" He slurred sleeply.

 

"Down here genius." The chibi grumbled the caustic remark.

 

Sleep deprived sky blue eyes gazed down towards the side of his bed. He blinked. Then blinked again. And just for the sake of it blinked once more.

 

Smaller blonde boy scowled. "Take a picture it’ll last longer."

 

Naruto blinked for the fourth time. Damn he was hallucinating, again. No more expired ramen for him (or not)! He rubbed his eyes and slapped himself on the cheeks, just for good measure, then looked down again. Yup, the chibi was still standing there. He gaped. "You . . you’re . . . you . . ." He pointed a shaky finger in the child’s direction.

 

The whiskered child’s scowl deepened. "Are you retarded or something?"

 

"You . . . You’re . . ." He crawled out of his blankets towards the edge of his bed to stare down at the chibi. "You look like . . . . like . . . like a chibi me . . ."

 

 * * *

 

It was extremely fortunate for those in Konoha that ninja were far more inclined to race across rooftops when in a hurry to be somewhere. Even more so that said ninja were stealthy, quiet, and calm. It was unfortunate, however, that not all ninja shared the same sentiment, even more so that this particular shinobi was loud, noisy, brash and shoving everyone to the side as he barreled down the street towards the hokage building.

 

Secretaries and other such shinobi didn’t even bat an eye when the kyuubi carrier dashed through the corridors unannounced; they were already used to it by now. "TSUNADE OBAASAN!!!!!!" He yelled crashing through the door. The sentries at the door didn’t bother stopping him, it was their version of revenge for various reasons.

 

Naruto’s mini me scowled from his position in his older version’s outstretched arms. "Oi! Tone it down, it’d be bothersome to go deaf now."

 

The godaimed looked up as she rubbed her temples irritably. "What – "

 

The blonde genin zoomed up to where the pissed off Hokage sat. "IwassleepingthismorningcauseIneededtherestandallcauseIwassotiredcauseofwha twedidyesterdayandthenandthenandthenandthenandthenIwasdreamingofsomethingan dIcan’treallyrememberwhatIwasdreamingaboutbutIknowitwasreallyreallygo odcauseIdidn’twannawakeupbutthenIdidwakeupcause – " deep breath " – IgotkickedinthestomachbutIdidn’tknowwhodidinthefirstplaceandthenIgotu pandIlookedaroundandIdidn’tseeanythingatfirstandthenIheardsomeonesay" Downheregenius."sothenIlookeddownandthenandthenandthenLOOK!!" He roughly shoved his mini-me on the blonde kunoichi’s desk. "HE LOOKS LIKE ME WHEN I WAS YOUNGER!!!"

 

Tsunade looked down at the blonde haired bundle currently sitting and staring at her on her desk. True to his word, the chibi possessed the signature spiky blonde hair, trademark whiskers and she’d bet (and win) that when the small boy wasn’t squinting he would have the same bright blue eyes as bigger Naruto. However, unlike the present Naruto the chibi one was scowling and seemed a lot more . . . bitter? "Ah. You too I see." She commented lightly after a lengthy pause. It was said nonchalantly, easily, as if she were only commenting about how nice the weather was.

 

It took a few minutes for the panicking blonde to register those words into his head. A few more extra to actually comprehend them. "Wha . . huh . . . what?"

 

The godaime merely nodded behind her.

 

The blonde fox boy turned swiftly and gaped.

 

Kakashi, Neji, Sasuke, Sakura, Hinata, and Shikamaru were all scattered across the room. All of them with a mini-me of themselves. 

 

Kakashi’s chibi had the same silver hair as his older self and the same two dark eyes along with the same pale complexion. Chibi Kakashi was garbed in brown pants, a black shirt and had an obscenely large gray scarf covering his face. He was on the floor before his older self’s standing feet.

 

Neji’s chibi looked exactly like a Neji only smaller and was even wearing the same clothing, the white jacket and dark pants, that looked a bit dusty from storage. He was staring intently at a wall with Byakugan on Neji’s lap. The older Hyuuga didn’t seem to notice and was instead having a glaring contest with Sasuke.

 

Little Sasuke was similarly dressed as his older self in the same blue shirt with the clan symbol on the back and the same white shorts. He was sitting on the same windowsill as his older self (who was glaring at Neji) and was enjoying the view from the window.

 

Chibi Sakura wore a pink headband on where her forehead protector should have been. She wore a pastel red sundress, on her back was a white knapsack and clutched in her arms was a black and white panda bear doll. She sat shyly beside the older Sakura and seemed to be trying to make herself disappear.

 

Dressed in an orange kimono was a small Hinata that was looking around in boredom. Beside her was seated Hinata who was fidgeting beside Sakura who was staring at Naruto with a raised brow.

 

Lastly was little Shikamaru, he was dressed in a yellow shirt with red pants. He was looking around avidly beside a bored bigger Shikamaru.

 

"Wha . . uh . . . why . . wha . . ."

 

"Good to see that your usage of vocabulary it still up to par dead last." Sasuke drawled eyes never leaving the Hyuuga genius’s own.

 

Naruto scowled. "You – "

 

"That wasn’t very nice!!" All eyes (except Neji’s and Sasuke’s) focused upon the small chibi beside the Uchiha heir. "He can’t help but be . . . . special!"

 

"Yeah! I’m special!" The blonde genin smirked. If it were possible to squeeze out a large amount of sweat into one droplet and suspend it over and/or beside one’s head for five seconds then they all would have sweat-dropped.

 

Shikamaru rolled his eyes. "He just called you a retard, moron."

 

Blue eyes blinked. "A retard . . . YOU LITTLE BRAT!" Naruto growled at Sasuke’s mini-me who in turn started to tear up.

 

"WAH!!! He’s being mean!!!" Chibi Sasuke cried.

 

"IDIOT!" Sakura growled and promptly bopped the blonde hard on his head. " Don’t make kids cry!" She growled, she looked sweetly at the sniffling mini-Sasuke and smiled. "Don’t worry sweetie, if he bothers you again just tell me and I’ll give him another whack. Okay?"

 

Chibi Sasuke smiled shyly at the pretty pink haired chuunin. "Okay pretty lady!" He chirped, blushing slightly.

 

Sakura beamed. ‘CUUUTNESS!’

 

"SHUT THE FUCK UP ALL OF YOU!" Tsunade roared.

 

Silence.

 

The godaime sighed. Damn her hangover! "I don’t know why and how and quite frankly I don’t give a flying fuck at the moment but somehow, you all woke up to find ‘mini-me’s in your rooms. Correct?"

 

All of the older ones nodded.

 

Tsunade rubbed her temple. "And your ‘mini-me’s act like you did when you were younger?"

 

Nods.

 

"Well . . . . then . . ." The hokage sighed and leaned back into her seat. "It’s completely impossible but apparently it isn’t." She placed a hand over her honey brown eyes. "I’m sure all of you know what I mean."

 

Kakashi nodded. "It could be a new jutsu." He offered.

 

"But then why us?" Sakura murmured. She lightly ran a hand through her chibi’s hair. "It wouldn’t make any sense." Chibi Sakura smiled up at her.

 

Neji broke away from his staring contest with the black eyes in favour of meeting viridian ones. "Maybe it isn’t just us."

 

"Maybe." Pink brows furrowed. "If that’s the case then we should try to find out if there are any others. Then maybe we can draw up some sort of connection."

 

Naruto’s eyes furrowed. "What are you guys talking about?"

 

An exasperated sigh. "Time travel." Sasuke rolled his eyes. "Dead last as always." He muttered.

 

"WHAT WAS THAT BASTARD!?"

 

"DON’T USE THAT LANGUAGE IN FRONT OF CHILDREN!!!" SLAM! THUD!

 

"Sa . . Sa . . Sakura-chan . . . is scary." Naruto whimpered as he clutched his head.

 

"Tch. I can’t believe I turned out to be that stupid." Chibi Naruto commented lethargically. "I must be really bothersome."

 

Everyone blinked. Sakura’s brows furrowed. "That . . . that sounded . . . so . . . . . Shikamaru-ish . . ."

 

Shkiamaru smirked. "I think I prefer the younger Naruto."

 

"Yeah . . . well I wasn’t exactly that enthusiastic when I was young." Naruto muttered.

 

"Oi! Dip wads! I’m hungry!" Surprised eyes swiveled towards Chibi Hinata’s small frame.

 

"W . . we . . we’ll g . . g . . get you f . . f . . food later. O . . okay?" The older of the two Hinata’s stammered.

 

Chibi Hinata scowled. "Fuck that! I want to food now! I’m hungry!"

 

As one the group’s eyes widened. Did Hinata, Hyuuga Hinata just snap and swear at someone?!

 

Hinata gulped. "But we need to f . . f . fix – "

 

"Jeez girl!" The younger Hyuuga heiress scowled. "Stop stuttering. It’s getting on my nerves!"

 

"I . . I’m s. . s. . sorry – "

 

"Don’t apologize! I just insulted you idiot! Ergh! When the fuck did I get so friggen . . . timid and whimpy?!" The chibi’s pearl eyes swiveled to Neji’s. "Oi. Branch boy! What’re you looking?!"

 

Said ‘branch boy’ sighed. "Now I remember why I had such an irrevocable hate for Hinata-sama . . ." He said dryly.

 

"Tch. You deserve it branch boy." Chibi Hinata snorted. "You’re the damned perv of the family anyway."

 

Neji coloured.

 

Kakashi slowly smiled under his mask. "Hyuuga boy’s a pervert?"

 

Hyuuga boy glared at the jounin.

 

"Duh! See? He’s using Byakuugan to check out some chick in the other room right now."

 

The Hyuuga boy blanched and immediately grabbed his smaller self and shook him. "Idiot! What fu – " Insert horrible Sakura glare of doom " – udge . . . do you think you’re doing?! Byakuugan was not made for such idiotic things!"

 

Tsunade glared at the small Neji as well. "Shizune is in the other room . . ."

 

Chibi Neji snorted. "Hypocrite much? We have gift, we might as well utilize it to its maximum capacity!"

 

"No! Stop it! It’s morally incorrect!" He hissed.

 

"No way! ‘Sides this’ll help with training our Bykuugan to see things more clearly! And farther . . . and deeply . . . and through more solid things . . . to see certain . . . sights . . . " Grin.

 

Neji burned red. "I won’t let you!"

 

"But you’re me! I expect you of all people to understand!" Chibi Neji growled.

 

"I let that part of me die. DIE. Under the heat of thousand white suns on the pavement of solid easily heated metal with kunai and shuriken jabbing at it and it’s supposed intestines choking whatever life out of it was left! And as me I expect you to slaughter, butcher, massacre, destroy and do everything possibly associated with the word ‘kill’ that part of you as well." The older Hyuuga snarled.

 

Chibi Neji was snarling as well as he glared heatedly up at his counterpart. "Bite me booger breath!"

 

"Grow up pip-squeak!"

 

Sakura leaned over to Hinata. "Neji’s really acting out of character." She commented.

 

"Y. . y. . yeah . . . I guess confronting himself like that again just brings o . . out the worst in him . ."

 

A nod. "Must be the shame he feels."

 

Hinata gave a small smile. "Yes . . . he d dropped this habit when he found some of our older cousins peeping at his m . . mom."

 

The pink haired kunoichi’s eyes widened. "Oh . ." There really wasn’t anything else to say to that tidbit. Subject switch! "You’re little self sure is . . . different."

 

The Hyuuga heiress blushed. "Y . .yeah . . . I was . ." She stammered in embarrassment. "Y . . you were p . pretty shy yourself when you were small w . . weren’t you?"

 

Sakura nodded with a small smile. "I didn’t have the greatest amount of self-esteem when I was younger. And I didn’t have many friends . . . hell I didn’t have any! But maybe my little self can make some in this time! Right Chibi Sakura – AH!"

 

With the exception of the two bickering Hyuuga branch boys everyone’s heads swiveled to focus on a panicking Sakura.

 

"What now Haruno?" Tsunade grumbled.

 

"MY CHIBI IS GONE!"

 

 * * *

 

A tiny figure looked around the playground with large green – and slightly scared – eyes. The figure clutched a worn bear tightly in comfort. Alone in a world full of people. The chibi sighed and strode over to a sandbox before sitting down with a dejected sigh. ‘I still didn’t make any friends.’ The child pouted.

 

Over on the other end of the sandbox another small child was hunched over clutching a bear but unlike the former chibi the latter was crying.

 

The lime eyed chibi stared at the other as if willing her to look up. After a the girl chibi complied with the watcher’s silent demand. She sniffled. "Y . y . . you . .a . .a . .aren’t g . . .g . . gon . . gonna . . . p . . p . pick . . on . . m . . me . .t . too are . . y . you?" She hiccuped.

 

The chibi shook his head. "Is that why you’re crying?" He asked softly. "Someone’s picking on you?

 

The girl swiped at her tears, nodded her head and looked down. "It’s ‘cause m . m . . m . . my forehead is h . . h . . h . . huge. And I’m k . . k . . kinda slow s . . so p . . people k. . .k . . kinda get mad . . . s . . so I don’t h . . have any f. . f . fr . . friends . ." She clutched her panda doll closer to herself like a shield, her lip trembled. It was the most adorably heartbreaking thing the chibi had seen ever in hi whole three years of existence.

 

"You’re forehead isn’t too big." The pale figure clutched his own teddy. "I . . . I don’t have ‘ny friend either . . ." He offered bashfully.

 

The girl brushed her pale pink hair from her eyes and smiled timidly. "M . . my name is Ha . . Haru . . Haruno Sakura . . Nice to meet you . . . wanna . . wanna b . . be friends?" She squeaked.

 

"Sabaku no Gaara . . Nice to meet you too . . ." Lime green eyes met emerald orbs. "O . okay. Let’s be friends."

 

Chibi Sakura smiled shyly before moving over to sit beside her newly acquired companion. Chibi Gaara smiled back shyly.

 

In a world full of chaos and universal unfairness, there were two less lonely chibi.

 

 * * *

 

Temari stared wide-eyed around the rented apartment. Shit. Little Gaara was gone!

 

 * * *

Makibishi = A makibishi is a small spine to sting the sole of a foot. When enemy soldiers chased a ninja, he scattered numerous makibishi to the ground. Because Japanese shoes (zori) were made of grass in those days, makibishi's spine could easily penetrate the shoes (it was very effective because those days people wore zori, sandals made of straw). The spine of a makibishi was often hooked, so it would be terribly painful if someone step on a makibishi. Some ninja had a flashier version of makibishi, which exploded when someone stepped on it. It was called Bakurai-bishi.

Chibi = Small or child

Obaasan = Grandmother