Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Clippings and Snippets ❯ Of Girls and Voodoo Dolls ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Of Girls and Voodoo Dolls
By: emeraldoni
Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, not me.
 
 
When delving into the past many people wondered why Orochimaru, one of the three sannin, would turn to the dark side and be hell-bent on destroying the village. No one ever thought to check his past for small little tints of activities that could possibly pull him over the edge. If anything, it would have to be something big and horrible and scarring, nothing like the actual fact.
 
The legendary three, contrary to popular to belief, did not meet when they were grouped together under their teacher, the Third Hokage. And Orochimaru, unlike what many thought, was actually an outgoing and voracious child, full of life and happiness and while he was a little odd the children didn't tease him as much as they could have, choosing to ignore him instead.
 
Yet Orochimaru was never one to be down-hearted though, kept company by his minute grass dolls and such; he kept his distance and surveyed his schoolmates with large, golden eyes. It wasn't until a young girl joined class that everything changed.
 
She had hair blonder than straw and eyes bluer than the sky, and confidence oozed from here very being. They were young then, no more than five years or so, and so she, like many young children of the time, was impressionable. When she saw the young Orochimaru, she immediately formed an opinion none too positive about the anti-social boy with a veil of dark hair over his face.
 
The boy, oblivious to the opinion formed by his peers, one day approached the young girl who had caught his attention.
 
“Tsunade-chan,” said Orochimaru, holding out a doll tied together by newly picked grass, “Would you like to play with me?”
 
The small Tsunade—taller than Orochimaru at the time—looked down her nose at him, and said in the simplest of terms-
 
“I don't like grass dolls.”
 
-then turned to walk away.
 
Orochimaru stood there as he watched the young girl's back; arms limp at his side as golden eyes gawked at the childlike refusal.
 
It was at that moment that Orochimaru decided that he didn't like girls, or grass dolls.
 
Tsunade didn't remember the incident, and in the future she was just as clueless about Orochimaru's betrayal as everyone else was, not even an inkling in her mind that it somehow could have been linked to a childhood misunderstanding long forgotten.
 
Not that it mattered anyway. Who would believe that it had been Tsunade who turned the Snake-kid onto Voodoo dolls and boys?
 
Not even Orochimaru, that's who.
 
Oooo000OOO000oooO
 
A/N: Don't be mad at me. I don't know where this came from, but it just popped up as I was checking my e-mail. Please review, it makes me happy and such.
 
Until next time…
 
emeraldoni