Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Coming Back ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Two years, eight months and five days after Sasuke ran off to Otogakure, the rest of Team 7 dragged him back to Konoha. Oddly enough, the toughest part of the mission wasn't infiltrating Sound (if by infiltrating you mean blowing up everything in their path), getting rid of Kabuto (since he ran like a rabbit as soon as he saw them) or even defeating Orochimaru.

"Like the snake had a chance against me-OW!"

"Save your breath Naruto-kun! Now hurry up, Sasuke-kun's getting away!"

No, the hardest part was chasing down the reluctant Uchiha heir. And getting him back. The first time, they knocked him out.

"Naruto-kun, Sakura-chan, where's Sasuke?"

"He should be right the-WHERE IS HE!"

"Didn't you knock him out?"

"I thought he was unconscious! Stupid bastard, he must have been faking the whole-"

"Never mind Naruto-kun. We just need to find him."

The second time, they tied him up with handcuffs and rope, then drugged him.

"Naruto-kun, Sakura-chan, I leave for five minutes and Sasuke-kun's already slipped away again."

"No he hasn't-WHAT?" Naruto glared at the limp pile of rope and sparkling handcuffs lying on top of the rope. "Sakura-chan, I thought you said you drugged him!"

"I did. I used the strongest sedative we have."

"How much did you use?"

"Enough to put him to sleep for three days."

"Snakes have unusual metabolisms. Next time give him enough to down Naruto."

"That's not fair Kakashi-sensei!"

"Life's not fair, Naruto-kun. Hurry up, we have to chase him down again."

The third time, they used chains and sealed his chakra.

"Naruto, you were supposed to be watching Sasuke-kun!"

"I am watching him, Kakashi-sensei!"

"No, you're not!" POOF!

"A clone? How does someone with no chakra create a clone and use the Kawarimi?"

"Obviously, Sasuke-kun learned more than we thought from Orochimaru. Come on Naruto-kun, third time's the charm."

The fourth time Kakashi and Naruto brought back Sasuke, they sat down on top of him and had a serious planning session. They had tried rope. They had tried chain. They had knocked him out, drugged him and sealed his chakra. There had to be some way of keeping him from escaping again!

"Could we create ropes from chakra? Those would cut in and stop him from moving, right?"

"But none of us knows how to do that unless . . . Kakashi-sensei?"

"No clue. How about suffocating him until he passes out?"

"He'll just fake it. Remember, he managed to fool you the first time and you were carrying him for several hours. Maybe if we wet down the ropes?"

"That might make it easier for him."

"I think I have an idea." Kakashi dug into his knapsack before pulling out a roll of tape. A slightly sadistic glimmer shone in his dark eye, soon appearing in green and blue ones as well.

And that's how Team 7 brought Sasuke back to Konoha, completely covered in duct tape from the nose down.