Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Crucifixion of Love ❯ Saying Goodbye ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Don't own Naruto or any other anime mention or used in this story


Saying Goodbye

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former.

It's too late to cry I love you.

The wind still blowing,

my heart still aching

Looking out the window into the starry night sky and staring at the pale full moon, Uzumaki Naruto merely sighed and went back to packing all the necessary stuff he would need in his long journey into the unknown.

"This will solve things for everyone." Naruto told himself as he took off his regular clothes and put on a black traveling kimono that he had found neatly hidden in his apartment. It was a little worn but he didn't care, it would serve its purpose.

There was only so much he could take and the blond boy had finally reached the limit of his emotions, Naruto had had enough. Naruto had always wondered why everyone hated him so when he was still young. He was neglected and everyone treated him as if he was a monster.

And he was a monster, or rather what he had sealed in him. The fearsome Nine-Tailed Demon Fox that had terrorized and almost destroyed Konoha resided within his body. He had discovered the truth when the treacherous Mizuki told him the hidden secret of the village even as he threatened to kill him just to get the forbidden scroll he possessed.

One side of my eyes see tomorrow,

And the other one see yesterday

I hope I could sleep in the cradle of your love, again

"I'm so pathetic." Naruto said as he sat down for the last time on his bed and took one last look around his apartment.

It was too late to go back and correct his past mistakes. He was forever branded as the class clown and dead last, everyone in the village thought that he was a pathetic loser trying to get attention. Naruto didn't lie to himself about being desperate for attention, seeing other kids his age with their happy smiles on their faces as they played with their parents.

Naruto always wanted someone to be looking at him, to acknowledge he existed, even at the expense of his own pride and reputation. In a way it worked, all the children laughed at him and exclaimed what a funny guy he was, but it still didn't make him feel wanted by anyone.

Cry for me, somebody, with dry eyes

But most of all he wanted, no needed to be love, to show that he was important to someone, that there was something worth living for. In this, he dreamt of being the next Hokage, so that everyone in Konoha would give him the recognition he craved. Naruto realized that his dream was just a dream, even if he did become Hokage, the people would never change their views of him. He was forever branded as a demon in their eyes.

The real folk blues I

just want to feel a real sorrow

It's not bad a life in the muddy river

If life is once




The only regret that Naruto ever had in his choice of leaving the village of hidden leaf was not telling Haruno Sakura, one of the most important people to him, what he truly felt about her. At first it was just a little crush on the pink haired girl but as time progressed his little crush deepened into something more. But he knew it was not meant to be. The reason for this was Uchiha Sasuke, his main rival, and the one who caught Sakura's eye.

Naruto knew that he couldn't have Sakura, since she considered him annoying and not worth her time. So he deluded himself that he had a chance but everything became clear after he took back an injured Sasuke from Orochimaru and not even once did Sakura ask if he was ok, she just asked if her Sasuke was going to be ok.

Hopeless hope, and the chance with traps

What is right, or wrong

It's like a both side of a coin




So for everyone's happiness, he would leave and disappear. One day, he hoped that the name of Uzumaki Naruto would be forgotten in the sands of time.

"I'm going to miss this place." said Naruto as he slowly walked out of his apartment and into the dark night, the door to his apartment closing with a tone of finality.

The next morning.........

As the two members of team 7 gathered at their training area in the early morning for more practice and lessons from Kakashi, the dark haired boy looked around and saw no trace of his blond teammate.

"Do you know where the Dobe is?" Sasuke asked Sakura who immediately frowned at his question

"How would I know where that baka is?!" Sakura asked indignantly, "He's usually here by the time I get here."

How long I must live till I release?



They heard Kakashi popped in clutching a Come Come Paradise magazine under his right arm. "Good morning!" said Kakashi as he greeted two of his students, seeing that one was missing, he looked at Sakura and Sasuke and asked,

"Where's Naruto?"

"Sorry, but we don't know where he is, Kakashi-sensei." answered Sakura

"Oh....could you two go to his apartment and check if there's anything wrong with him." Kakashi said to the two as he found a shade beneath a nearby tree and started reading his magazine.

"Come on. Let's see what's wrong with the dobe." Sasuke said as he left the clearing and headed back towards the village.

The real folk blues

I just want to feel a real pleasure

All that glitters is not gold

Minutes later, In front of Naruto's apartment........ As the two stood in front of Naruto's door, neither of them could hear nor see any sign of life within the silent and dark apartment.

"Naruto!" shouted Sakura

"Naruto, are you in there?! Answer me you baka!" silence greeted her and she proceeded to knock on the door hard, which got her the same results.

After a couple minutes of shouting and knocking on the door, she tried the knob and was surprised to see the piece of door opening before them. Only an empty apartment greeted the two as if no one had lived their.

Once Sasuke saw the empty apartment, he looked at Sakura and said, "I'll go to his room, you go check in the kitchen." he was gone before Sakura could say a reply Sakura slowly walked towards the kitchen, dreading the silence around her and as she entered, the pink-haired girl saw a note on the table. Running up to it, Sakura felt her heart quicken as she read Naruto's note.

The girl slowly dropped the note to the floor after she read it and fell on her knees as Sakura started crying. Moments later, Sasuke rushed into the kitchen having heard her cries and tried to ask her questions but couldn't get anything from the broken girl.

The real folk blues

I just want to feel a real sorrow

It's not bad a life in the muddy river

If life is once



He saw the note on the ground and his eyes widened in surprise as he read the note.

If I could cause just one miracle,

It would be trapping this one moment of you and me in a picture,

Not caring about the changing world around us.

I just want to stare only at you, Sakura.

~Naruto

We walk a path in life....

Upon it we meet other travelers who have their own destination...

The road is a hard one.. The earth is rocky and foreboding...

Yet the journey of life is made more easy if we make the trek with others..

We walk the path of life with kindred spirits...

Loved ones may split away down other trails and roads..

And as they do, we maybe separated... our destinations may change..

But on occasion the paths do cross again...

They say goodbye is all we know of heaven

and all we need of hell....

~Logan

Author's Note: I have decided to let this be a one shot thanks to a review by a reader in FF.Net but I have also decided to write different fate splits to this one-shot. An example would be a dark fic, or love triangle between NaruSakuHina. Possibilities are endless, you can send your thoughts and I will put them into consideration.