Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed Twelve ❯ Team Formed, Team Demolished 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cursed Twelve 15 The Destruction of Squad Twelve
 
"But . . ."
"Iruka, give him a chance to explain," Kakashi interrupts.
"All right, this is all that I know . . ." Tazuna starts.
 
Flashback:
About twelve hours after Meloca, Chobun, Chochun, and Samuno had taken off to face Gatou, Tazuna goes out shopping for his family's dinner to try and calm his nerves. As he walks by the town square where someone very important to him and the entire village was killed just three years before,he notices that there is a rather large crowd.
"Not again," someone mumbles from within the crowd.
What's going on?he wonders as he looks at the crowd. "Huh? Samuno? What are you doing here?"
Sure enough, there stands Samuno at the back of the crowd, blood dripping violently from her left shoulder and right leg, her clothes torn so badly that it makes him wonder how they're still covering her up.
"What happened to you??" Tazuna asks in worry. "Where are Meloca and those two boys?"
"There's three this time," the person from before mumbles.
Samuno's eyes widen as she starts pushing her way through the crowd. Tazuna follows her closely, curious as to what is going on now, positive that it is not good.
"I won't ask again, damn it! Where is the girl?" a ninja, obviously under Gatou's control, shouts over the crowd.
"We don't have to tell you anything. If you weren't good enough to have caught her by now,then she's free to go! And don't you dare swear at me!" Meloca's voice shouts back.
"Besides, how would we know where she is?" Chobun pipes up.
"Yeah, we've been with you guys ever since she escaped. You were the ones who had people tailing her," Chochun adds.
"Fine, you've had your chance," the ninja smirks.
"M-. . . ." Samuno starts.
Tazuna grabs her shoulder to stop her. "It won't do any good now."
"I'll be the judge of that," Samuno mutters, but deep down inside she can tell that he's right.
Tears start to form in her eyes as she watches three other ninja approach her teammates. The tears explode from her eyes as she brushes Tazuna's hand away, runs forward and grabs the fence in front of her like a small child.
"Meloca-Sensei!" she shouts with all her might.
The injured instructor looks up from her position tied to the brown post.
"Samuno! Get out of here!" she shouts immediately as the firstninja smirks.
"There you are," the ninja chuckles. "Get her boys!"
More ninja start making their way through the crowd to get to Samuno.
"Samuno! Run!" Meloca orders.
"Not without you guys!" Samuno declares as she starts climbing the fence as fast as her bloody body will take her.
Waiting for her on the other side are five ninja. With luck, Samuno manages to throw three fans that fly past the ninja's heads and hit her teammate's restraints, cutting them free.
A battle commences,and in the end,somehow Meloca and Samuno both manage to win. However, both were severely injured.
"I just know I'm gonna get fired for this one," Meloca laughs lightly as Samuno helps her away from the battle grounds. "Sorry, kid."
With that, Meloca's body goes limp and falls halfway to the ground, dragging Samuno to her knees.
"Meloca-Sensei?" Samuno asks cautionsly as she lays the twenty-three year old on her back. "Meloca-Sensei, this isn't funny. Open your eyes right now. Meloca-Sensei?" with each word the realization dawns on Samuno. "Meloca-Sensei!"
Samuno bursts into tears over all three of her fallen comrades.
"Oh, did the baby's friends all die, so sad," one surviving ninja under Gatou's control taunts in a baby voice. "Here, let me ease the pain a little!"
With that,the ninja manages to inflict a wound big enough to force Samuno into an almost lifeless condition. Tazuna, powered by frustration and anger, grabs a Kunai knife and finishes off the ninja with one stab. Carefully he loads the three victims of Konoha into the cart and places blankets fully over their bodies before gently lifting Samuno's barely living form aboard the cart on top of a blanket. He places another blanket over her for warmth and heads off to Konoha.
END FLASHBACK.
 
"And so, here I am. There was nothing more I could do. I'm so sorry," Tazuna finishes.