Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed Twelve ❯ Time Travel 2 ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cursed Twelve 2 Time Travel
Chapter 2
What A Child Needs
 
"This is the Village Hidden in the Sand, didn't you know that?" Yashamaru asked.
Samuno shook her head 'no'.
"Then how'd you get here?"
"I don't know, last time I checked I was…never mind, the point is, I don't know how I got here," she stated, not willing to admit what had happened.
"Where are you from?" Yashamaru asked as he started walking down the road.
Samuno walked with him, "Konoha. I guess I'm pretty out of place, huh?"
"Yeah, you're lucky that the Sand and Leaf are allies, or else you could be taken as a prisoner," Yashamaru laughed.
"So, you're name is Yashamaru, right?" Samuno stated, trying to keep her spirits up.
"Yes, and that young boy was my nephew, Gaara," Yashamaru nodded.
"Gaara? That's not a very nice thing to name your child," Samuno mumbled. "No offense to your sister or anything," she added.
Yashamaru simply smiles.
"Gaara, a demon who cares only for himself, no wonder the other kids are afraid of him. It's sad."
"You sympathize with him?"
"Mm," Samuno nodded. "I do, especially since my brother was in the same boat for the longest time. Neither of us knew why until a short while ago when our Sensei told us and tried to kill him. No one even looked in my brother's direction without cold eyes filled with hatred. I couldn't bare it. That's not what children need when they're growing up, especially if they have no family to look towards for love."
"No family?" Yashamaru blinked. "I thought he was your brother, were you there with him?"
"Oh, well, you see, he is my brother but he's not my brother. His parents died when he was born and he was taken in by my parents while my mother was still pregnant with me. We grew up together and I came to know him as my brother, but it's not the same as having a mother and father who love you. My parents died on my first birthday, so they weren't with us long enough for their love to really sink in and fill his lonely heart," Samuno explained. "Over the years I tried to heal his heart with my love over the years, but it never seemed to compare to the hatred the town showed him, not to mention I wasn't really around as often as the cold eyes were."
"Where were you?"
"I had my problems to deal with as well. You see, I don't have that good of a memory so I'd constantly forget most of my life so I'd be trying to put together the puzzle without pieces if you know what I mean," Samuno explained with a nervous laugh. "Also, Meloca-Sensei would take me out of town a lot to go visit places mother had wanted both Naruto and I to go see, of course, Naruto was welcome to come, but he never chose to. And most of the rest of the time I had gone and done something to get myself in trouble so I was locked in solitary."
"Wow," Yashamaru blinked as they entered a building.
"Yeah, but slowly he began to make friends on his own, even if they were just really friends that he tended to get into trouble with. I was always proud of him, we trained together whenever we could and I constantly tried to show that there were people in this world who cared for him. That's what kids need when they're growing up. Love, proof that someone cares for them in a special way, that's what allows them to grow inside and makes it so that one day they can turn around and show someone else that they care about them," Samuno explained.
"It's no use, the sand stops me," Gaara's voice came from inside the room as the two approached the open door.
"Master Gaara, please don't do that while you're in my presence. After all, I am in charge of looking after you," Yashamaru spoke kindly.
"Yashamaru," Gaara looked up.
"Well, I'm gonna go try and figure out how I got here," Samuno stated. "You two look like you could use some time…"
"What does pain feel like?" Gaara asked.
Samuno stopped mid-sentence at the sound of the question.
Yashamaru smiled as he approaches Gaara to explain.
This kid does not know what pain is? Samuno thought, pain filling her heart. That must hurt more than any physical pain can ever give. To not be able to know….