Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Demons amoung the Akatsuki ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
(Later…)
 
The four of them walked back out into the halls, and met up where the halls crossed. The boys had stopped them before two side-by-side doors; one marked 300, and the other marked 200. Deidara checked both doors to ensure that they were open. “Here are your rooms, girls. They should be suitable.” Sasori grinned slightly. “Probably `cause they're the only other ones that we've furnished.” Deidara frowned and punched him in the arm. “Don't tell them that. They'll think we're lazy!” Both girls began to laugh softly as Akazaku opened door `300'. Both girls walked in and took a look around.
It was decently sized (smaller than either of the boys' rooms) and was furnished with the necessities. There was a small bed in the corner against the back wall, a small closet that was completely empty, a low table in the center of the room, and no bathroom. There was also a random wall scroll pinned to the left wall. “Both rooms are exactly like this, so we hope you both will be comfortable,” Deidara explained. “Also, since there aren't bathrooms in either one, you both will have to use the main one down the hall past the kitchen. It's not too far away. So, is there anything either of you need?” Sasori added. The girls shook their heads. Keyoko gave a small wave. “Good night.” Her cheerful tone caused them to smile. “Pleasant dreams,” Deidara replied. “Thanks for everything,” Akazaku added. Sasori nodded. “No problem. Just get plenty of sleep. The tests tomorrow will no doubt be brutal.” With that said, the door eased shut, as their footsteps receded into the night.
Both girls sat in silence on the small bed. Both were waiting for the other to say something. Keyoko scratched her head. “Well, this is awkward. So did you have fun?” Akazaku nodded. “How were Sasori's puppets?” Keyoko smiled. “They were amazing. But, not as amazing as him.” She mumbled the last part, deciding whether or not she should've said it. They each recalled that special moment, causing their faces to glow red. Finally, both had enough and blurted in unison, “I kissed him!”
They froze completely; staring at the other's lobster-red face. Akazaku raised her hand and pressed it to her cheek. “My face is on fire. Did you say you kissed Sasori?” Keyoko nodded. “Probably about the same time you kissed Deidara.” They began laughing at how red the other had gotten, and stared up at the ceiling. “Well, at least we both had fun. It would've been a terrible shame for only one of us to have experienced something like that.” Akazaku nodded in agreement. “Yeah, I'm never gonna forget this night, ever. Deidara's a great kisser. Maybe we'll both get another moment like that again soon.”
Keyoko grinned dreamily into space. She to would never forget this night for as long as she lived. Each of them could only hope that they'd get another chance like that extremely soon, even though it didn't seem likely. Keyoko then stood up and issued a low yawn. “Well, I'm kinda tired. You can have this room, I'll go next door. Good night, Aka.” Akazaku stood up as well, and gave her friend one last hug for the night. “Night, Keyo.”
 
(Itachi and Kisame's room)
Itachi lay sprawled out upon his bed, sketching what appeared to be a demented rabbit. He set his pencil down, and frowned at his creation. `Wow, this looks terrible. It must die now.' He crumbled it into a ball and tossed it at the ceiling. He performed a few hand seals as it began to fall back down. He opened his mouth and directed a small jet of fire towards it. It quickly caught on fire and disintegrated to nothingness. Kisame, who was also sitting on his bed, raised his head from his book, `The Killers of the Sea.' His previously tranquil features soon changed to those of annoyance. “Damn it Itachi, can't you go a day without burning something?!” Itachi seemed unfazed by his partner's sudden aggression. “I'll bet that cute little hot-head Akazaku burns things all the time, too. I thought she was gonna fry Zetsu right then and there.” His grin grew mischievous. Kisame grunted and returned his gaze to his book. “What makes you think those two have what it takes to become one of us?” His tone completely void of emotion.
Itachi's expression grew serious. “They look pretty tough to me. They even have matching scars over their eyes. Most people with eye scars have lost that eye. Not to mention, Akazaku summoned a considerable amount of fire without even performing the proper hand seals. I'd say that's pretty impressive. And her friend Keyoko claims she can do the same, but with wind. Their abilities would be a powerful asset to Akatsuki, if you ask me.” Kisame shrugged. “We'll just have to see how they do tomorrow.” Itachi grinned. “You'll see. I can sense it; they're different than most kunoichi at their age. They have a special kind of inner power, a power I'd like to see.”
As Itachi grew silent, Kisame tried to return his focus to his book. But however hard he tried, he found himself beginning to day dream. He was thinking of her. His close pal, Kyra. But currently, she and her teammate Kakuzu, where still off on their mission to recover essential information on the demons. `I can't stop thinking about her. I hope she returns soon so I can see her beautiful face again.'
 
(Outside Hidan and Zetsu's separate rooms)
Zetsu stood leaning against his door. He smirked as Hidan was about to enter his own room. “Do you really think those girls have what it takes? I bet they won't even pass tomorrow's test.” Hidan issued a hateful glare. “My opinion is none of your business. But if you must know, I bet they will pass the tests. They'll probably even kick your ass while they're at it.” Zetsu winced; Hidan seemed to be so cruel to anyone that wasn't female. He tried to cover it up by chuckling and crossing his arms in a cocky fashion. “Those two are little appetizers in my book. I could gobble them whole, each. They don't appear to be formidable at all.” Hidan shook his head, however his tone was calmer. “You never know until we see what they've got. Plus, it's always better to have more members to help out in our plans.” Zetsu gave him a pitiful frown. “You're too trusting, Hidan. We can only have the best of the best here in Akatsuki.” Hidan shrugged; he was no longer interested in talking. “Whatever, I'm going to bed. Don't bother me.”
The door slammed shut behind him. Zetsu sighed heavily and remained in the hall. His gaze shifted to the ceiling. `Why does everyone gotta be against me? If Kyra was here, she'd back me up. She'd better get back soon, I miss her.' He sighed yet again as he reached for the door knob. It was warm. It triggered his mental images of Akazaku's threatening flames. He winced ever so slightly. `What's wrong with that girl? She was gonna attack me. I'm glad she didn't. Wait, what's wrong with me? I'm not scared of her.' He turned the knob as he attempted to push those thoughts from his mind.
 
(Deidara's room)
Deidara lay upon his bed. His gazed transfixed to the ceiling; lost in his thoughts. He uttered a low sigh. `That Akazaku is really something. I can't wait to see her prove herself tomorrow. I'll bet she `burns' the competition; literally.' He chuckled at his own little joke. He had no doubt in his mind that she would burn what ever stood in her way after witnessing her practice match against Keyoko. `I hope she doesn't think I'm a freak. She's so beautiful, I couldn't stand it.' He raised his deformed palms to his face. He glared at the tiny mouths which were currently closed. His thoughts grew somber. `Are you a curse or a blessing? I'm so confused.' He sighed yet again. `Well, either way, they're here. And if she truly means what she says, she'll look past them.'
 
(Sasori's room)
Sasori was bent over an extremely damaged puppet resembling Sukaku. The abdomen was almost completely caved in. He leaned forward to get a closer look, but was stopped by an imaginary pain in his own abdomen. He winced and clutched his stomach. `Looking at the damage causes me to image that I've been damaged as well.' He unzipped his robe and flung to his bed. He examined his own puppet body. `Fool, you're perfectly fine. Why must you always think that you're broken when examining one that really is broken?' He mentally scolded himself. He softly stroked his artificial chest. `I wonder what Keyoko would think if she saw this part of me? Would she ever let me kiss her again… if she knew? Should I keep it from her, or tell her and hope for the best? Oh, why am I worrying so much? If she truly means what she said, she'll be cool with the way I am.'
He returned his attention to his puppet. But as he worked, he couldn't help but think to himself again. `I wonder how Keyoko will handle the first test tomorrow. She seems like an amazing Nin so far. But even if she gets into trouble, I can always save her with my chakra strings. Te he, she could be like a little doll to me. I bet she'd love to fight alongside me one of these days as much as I'd like to fight alongside her. I can't wait.'