Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Demons amoung the Akatsuki ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8
 
The two `love birds' reluctantly pulled apart as the bird hovered mere yards above the rooftop. It silently descended, and the two of them jumped off its back to find Sasori and Keyoko still making out. Akazaku giggled slightly as Sasori took notice of their presence. He quickly broke off the kissing, looking quite embarrassed. He straightened up, attempting to act as though nothing had happened. “Hey guys, did you have fun?” The others nodded. “I can tell you two did.” Deidara was practically laughing as Keyoko's face grew lobster red. Akazaku felt slightly bad for Keyoko, so she changed the subject. “Well, it's getting kinda late. Maybe we should all get some sleep.” She quickly took hold of Keyoko's arm, pulling her forward a bit. “Night guys,” Keyoko uttered as Akazaku lifted up the roof hatch. The boys gave a final wave as the girls disappeared below.
Deidara's eyes drifted in Sasori's direction, his head remaining upwards to the sky. “You told her, right? It looked to me as though you just proposed.” Sasori frowned slightly, but nodded. “Yeah, she took it a lot better than I had expected.” “I'll say,” Deidara interrupted. Sasori closed his eyes, a heavy sigh escaping his throat. “Plus, you know I can't marry her. Even though I love her, I'm not even human anymore.” Deidara issued a sympathetic glance. His hand patted Sasori's shoulder comfortingly. “Aw, who needs marriage? Look at it this way, we finally found someone who accepts us for the freaks we are. That was the hardest part, and now, everything else will work itself out in good time.” Sasori's hopeless expression brightened. “Yeah, you're right. They more than accept us, they love us. Things can only get better.” With that said the two of them straightened their forms and walked back to the roof hatch.
Keyoko and Akazaku walked towards the hallway where their rooms could be found, until the sound of loud voices caused them to slow their pace. They took a quick peek into the room slightly ahead on the right. It was the only lighted room in the hallway. Within the room sat four members playing poker; Kyra, Zetsu, Kisame, and Kakuzu. Zetsu, however, was now standing. His voice was the loudest as he shook an accusing finger at the female member. “You're cheating Kyra, I know it! There's no way anyone could win that many times in a row!”
Kyra was wearing a look of pure innocence as she pulled her enormous pile of chips closer. She slowly stood up, her face breaking out into a playful grin. She embraced him suddenly. “Aw, don't be sad, sweetie. Maybe I'll take it easy on you next game.” Zetsu's bi-colored face grew red, but the black side covered it. This gave him a comical appearance, half black, half reddish pink. “P-promise you won't cheat?” He stuttered slightly. Kyra gave him a quick peck on the cheek, her grin growing wider. “I promise.” Zetsu's white side darkened further as he reluctantly took his seat after Kyra had been seated again. Kakuzu began dealing out the cards once more.
Keyoko and Akazaku quietly laughed to themselves as they resumed their walk once more. As they left the noise behind, they chatted a bit. “So, did Deidara appreciate your art?” Keyoko asked innocently. Akazaku's face grew surprised. “Yeah, but how'd you know?” Keyoko grinned. “I could see your trademark phoenix from the hideout roof. It really was beautiful.” “Could you still see it while you were making out with Sasori?” Akazaku interrupted accusingly. Keyoko's face grew crimson, yet again. “Nope, but I bet you didn't either as you made out with Deidara!” Akazaku's face now matched Keyoko's. They both took a look at how red the other was before laughing and patting each other on the back.
When they finally reached the rooms, the two of them decided to talk for a while in Keyoko's room. They plopped down on Keyoko's bed as the awkward silence stretched on. “It looks like those guys were having fun with their card game, huh?” Keyoko finally broke the silence. Akazaku nodded, grinning slightly. “Yeah, did ya see Zetsu? He was as red as we were when Kyra hugged him. He must really have the hots for her.” Keyoko grinned as well. “I don't understand how she could even stand to give Zetsu a kiss, even if it was only on the cheek. Talk about gross.” Both girls broke out laughing once more.
As the laughing ceased, Akazaku spoke up. “You know what? I think Kisame likes Kyra, too. Did you see how he looked at her when she gave Zetsu that tiny kiss? I thought he was gonna get up and knock Zetsu down.” Keyoko giggled. “So, there's a crazy love triangle among us, then?” Akazaku nodded. “Yep; this is gonna be fun.” Upon finishing her sentence, she stood up and stretched. “Well, I hate to leave my best buddy, but I'm getting kinda tired. See ya in the morning.” “Good night,” Keyoko replied pleasantly as Akazaku headed for the door. Keyoko laid her head down as the door closed. She gazed up at the ceiling; sleep beginning to take her. `I can't wait `til tomorrow. It's gonna be great.'
 
On the other side of the hideout…
Kyra smiled victoriously. “That was fun guys. We'll have to do this again sometime.” She stood up, collected her enormous pile of poker chips, and headed for the door. From behind, she could hear Zetsu and Kakuzu muttering angrily under their breath. She laughed to herself and stepped out of the room. `Hah! Those boys never stand a chance, yet they keep on challenging me. I'm the best poker player around, and they know it.'
After she'd come to the end of the hallway, she turned the corner to see Kisame leaning against the wall. She was surprised that he'd already come down this way without her noticing, but made sure not show it. “'Sup Sharky?” Kisame straightened his form and took a step towards her. “I wanted to ask you something.” His tone was void of anything but seriousness. Kyra's smile drooped slightly. “Why the seriousness all of the sudden? What's wrong?” She grew visibly worried; Kisame was always happy around her. His hand inched forward, brushing against her pale face as he locked her eyes with his. She could see a look of questioning and desire within them. “Do you love me?”
Kyra grew even more alarmed. “What are you talking about? I love all my buds here in Akatsuki. Did I do something that hurt your feelings? If I did I'm…” “Calm down, I didn't mean that.” He leaned a bit closer. “I meant, are you in love with me? Because… I'm in love with you.” Kyra blushed deeply; now she understood. She nodded slightly. “Yes, I do love you; more than I love my buds. I love you, Sharky.” She moved her face closer; connecting their lips. Despite his appearance, Kisame's lips were just as soft and persistent as anyone else's that Kyra had kissed. (Just a couple people, she's not a playa!) A warm rush surged between them; making time seem to stand still. An eternity seemed to pass before they were interrupted by echoing footsteps from down the hall.
They reluctantly broke apart; just in time as Zetsu rounded the corner. He stopped walking and issued the tow of them a confused stare. “Kyra, you're still here? I thought you left for your room like twenty minutes ago?” Kyra closed her eyes and sighed. “I was heading for room, but once I rounded the corner, I dropped a chip. I set the others down, but I've been looking for it since.” She motioned to the pile of chips beside her feet. (She'd hastily set them down before making out with Kisame) “Even Kisame's been helping me, but we still can't find it.” She continued. He tone suggested that her lie was believable, but Zetsu still remained skeptical. “Why do you look so flushed? Is poker chip hunting really all that intense?”
Kyra glared as she suddenly grew angry. “It's really hot in this hideout, so sue me!” She retorted while unzipping her robe. The two members before her couldn't help but stare as she slung her robe over her shoulder. “Night guys.” Her tone was no longer angry as she walked off towards her room.
 
* I know it seems a bit awkward, but let's just say that Kisame's only about, 19 or 20. Kay? Sorry, It's just that my sis LOVES Kisame and I had to put her OC with him. Hope I didn't freak anyone out. Te he…*