Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dumb Blondes ❯ Dumb Blondes ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, Viz, Shonen Jump, Jetix, Cartoon Network, Madman International, TV Tokyo, Studio Perriot, YTV, and Manga Entertainment.
 
Summary: Because Temari is anything but.
 
Dumb Blondes
 
Temari hates being a blond. Sure, her hair isn't as loud as Uzumaki's or as feminine as Yamanaka's, but she hates the sight of her blonde hair.
 
Because when you're blond, you're marked for life. People never take you seriously. Unless, of course, you, like the Hokage, have huge books, amazing medical jutsus, and are freakishly strong to boot, you are the “dumb blonde,” even if they only think so subconsciously.
 
So, a month after she got her little brother back, she dyed her hair brown.
 
It was a nice brown, she thought, a rich, dark color. It made her look smarter, more mature, and she let her hair down for the first time in years as she made her way to her brother's office.
 
She doesn't knock. She never does - she is the Kazekage's sister, after all, and he obviously wasn't in a meeting. Pushing the heavy door open, she stepped into the room, moving immediately to the left. The whistle and clunk of kunai slamming into the closing door only added to her fury.
 
“What the fuck, Gaara?” she snarled, eyes flashing as she glared at him. “Do you take great joy in nearly knocking my head off and taking ten years off my already decreasing life span?” One of the men who stood next to her brother stood.
 
“Who are you to speak so familiarly to Kazekage-sama?”
 
Temari blinked, a hand going to the fan on her back, “Who are you?” she replied, baring her teeth. “Who are you, not to recognize me? I obviously know my little brother is the Kazekage.”
 
“Temari?”
 
The newly brown-haired girl turned to her brother, “Yes, idiot! Who did you think I was?”
 
Her eyes reminded him of the dangers of mentioning anything about fangirls, assassins, or even an overly familiar maid.
 
“It's the hair,” he replied, “What'd you do to it? You look like a mouse.”
 
“…”
 
Gaara really was quite lucky he had his sand to defend him.