Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Everybodies Fool ❯ Laughter within my head ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Everybody's Fool
 
Floating. That's what I am, floating. My eyes are wide open, but I see nothing but a black haze. The haze is closing in on me, but a small white glow has formed around me, an outline of you will.
 
I feel strange; I cannot tell what is up and what is down. I cannot see where I am, but it feels slightly familiar. I have been here…once maybe.
 
Slowly, I see more white, and with it comes a steely grey. It is distant, far away, but it comes closer with each breath I take. The splashes of washed out colour form long stripes, bars of metal around me. My eyes are wide as I realize that I am in a cage. Imprisoned.
 
I stand in the centre of the cage, feeling light headed as I make out yet more white materializing in the distance. It too comes closer, becoming solid yet ever so slightly transparent still. As they close in upon me, I can distinguish shapes that resemble faces. Faces wearing white masks with red and yellow laughing mouths and eyes. They wear long black and red splattered cloaks which distort their forms so that I cannot tell whether they are human or creature.
 
They are laughing, laughing loudly at something. They point and stare, jeering without words, but still I cannot tell why or what they are laughing at. Suddenly, I know. They are laughing at me.
 
I press myself against the solid bars of the cage, “Why are you laughing?” I demand them, but they do not answer, only to laugh harder. What reason do they have to laugh at me, I am the great Uchicha Sasuke, or so I have been told many times by….someone? I do not remember who.
 
I pound my fists against the bars, “Stop it! Stop laughing!” I yell, their laughter echoes within my head, it is painful to hear. But still they continue, the volume of their voices increasing higher and higher. I clutch my head, trying to block out the sound by closing my hands over my ears.
 
“Stop!” I'm screaming now, but it won't go away, the laughter has wormed its way inside my head, forcing me to listen. A face within the crowd steps forwards his mask in shaped to that of a creature with a long snout and pointed ears, its grin is twisted and sadistic. A fox, I think. The person's robes are splattered more so then the others, crude blood red soaking through the material.
 
The person laughs at me, his voice easily heard over the others though they continue. I know that laugh, but it sounds cruel and inhuman, so different from what it sounded like in my memories. But where have I heard it?
 
He speaks, grinning down at me with that malicious face. “Do you see now? Everyone is laughing at you now! And you can do nothing! Nothing! Do you see how it feels like now, Uchicha Bastard!?” My eyes are wide with fear as I stumble back, pressing my back against the other side of the cage as the person lifts his hand to his face.
 
The mask is removed and I gape in horror. Once vibrant golden hair is matted to his head by blood, what had been large, innocent cerulean eyes were narrowed and dark looking, hollow save for the evil laughter echoing within them. He grinned spitefully and turned away, his back to me.
 
I…know him. I try to remember of where from, and suddenly… “NARUTO!” I scream, launching myself forwards after him. I crash heavily into the cage bars, they to are laughing at me. I search for the blonde hair, search for him…but he is gone, faded back into the crowd.
 
The masked people close in around me, the cage is growing smaller and smaller. I clasp my hands over my ears once more and fall to my knees, hunched over to try and block the vicious laughter out. Louder and louder, the sound reaches its climax and then…there is only blackness.
 
-Changes to third person point of view-
 
Outside the room where the now peacefully sleeping Uchicha Sasuke lay quietly, a woman dressed in a hospital maid's clothing looked in through the small window sadly, two other people standing beside her. The first peered through his single eye at the boy, his other eye and the rest of his face confined behind a blue cloth mask. A bubblegum pink haired girl stood behind them, holding a small bouquet of white flowers in her hands, tears sliding silently down her face.
 
“He has been like this awhile,” The nurse whispered quietly, recalling the loud yelling that had been voiced every time the dark haired boy slept. The scarecrow nodded, remembering the last scream they had heard. “Ever since he killed Naruto.” He murmured sadly before taking the tiny cherry blossom girl's hand in his own. She did nothing to object but allowed herself to be led away a and down the hall. “We will be back tomorrow.” The silver haired Jounin called to the nurse who simply nodded and watched them leave.
 
She turned back to the widow into the small room and the sleeping boy. The padded walls caused him to seem smaller, his state of sleep making him seem innocent. The nurse sighed and turned away, “It's hard to believe that you of all people would kill him,” She closed her eyes in remembrance of the late blonde haired boy. “And it's hard to believe that you'd end up here, of all places, afterwards.” She slowly walked down the empty hall, passing the janitor and night workers and out the doors that led into Konoha's mental institution.
 
[without the mask where will you hide, can't find yourself lost in your lie…]
 
Authors Notes: I was listening to Evanescence's `Everybody's Fool' when I wrote this and I suppose it sort of fits the fic, but then again I guess it doesn't, meh, oh well. Anyways…Review! ^.^