Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Everybody's Sunshine ❯ Sasuke ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Good Old Days
Evening, dobe. It's been so long since I last visited. I was just too busy, being ANBU and all. So I'm sorry for that. You must be laughing right now. `That bastard, saying sorry,' you'd say. You'd wonder if I'm going soft. And to tell you the truth, I am definitely not going soft. I've just learned so much. I've learned so many things from you. And I'll treasure those things so long as I'm living. And no, I am not getting sentimental either.
I really can't believe you're gone. I was hoping, iie… I knew we were always going to be teammates and friends. I knew and expected us to go on missions together, laugh together, cry together, and fight together. Hell, I even expected us to die together. The three of us. Well, maybe not… but die old anyway. I don't sound like myself, right?
You'd be proud of yourself, Naruto, if you were still alive. You'd be proud that you finally did meet your dreams of being acknowledged. The whole village misses you. I do, too. So much. So very much. Somehow, I was always expecting you to just pop out of nowhere and laugh at us for being so touchy.
I wish that would happen.
You know, if I were to go back in time, I definitely won't change a thing. I'd go through it all, over and over and over again. And I'd bring you back. I'd bring you back.
It sucks, Naruto. It really sucks. I… I really do miss you. I miss those times we'd spar and train. I miss those times we'd fight for nothing. I miss… I miss a lot of things.
I wonder if we'll ever see each other again. I wonder if you're watching us right now. I wonder what stupid thing you're doing in heaven. Yes, I know you're in heaven. There's simply no other place for you. Except, of course, with us. I wonder if you annoy the angels there. I wonder if you're an angel, too. I wonder, if we were to meet there, would you remember me? Would you remember my name? Would you remember the times we've been through together?
Because I sure would. I would never, ever forget. You ask me why? Because these things are very important to me. These memories are what makes me go through life without looking back, without regrets. Although I do regret one thing. And you know what that is? I regret the fact that I never took the time to get to know you better. I regret I got to know you so late. I regret that. I really do.
So now I'm standing in front of your grave, thinking. Just thinking.
Naruto, those were good old days, weren't they? I'd do anything to have then back, to have you back. I'd do anything to see you, to see your smile, or that stupid grin you fashion. I'd do anything to hear your voice. Laughing. Teasing. Whining. I'd run around the world just to be with you again, to feel your warmth, your spirit. I'd do anything, anything at all to have you back with us because you are everybody's sunshine. And when you're there, everyone is happy. I'd hate to think what I'd become without you. But you were there. And from now on, always will be… in my spirit and in my heart. I will treasure the memory of you forever, Naruto. Thanks for making me a part of your life.
Thank you for making me your friend.
DISCLAIMER: Naruto isn't mine. I'm merely borrowing it for fun.