Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Facets of the Jewel ❯ Facets of the Jewel ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.
 
Summary: And it is its many facets that make a jewel, as it is its many shinobi that make a village.
 
Facets of the Jewel
 
A jewel has many, many facets. Every one is different, separate, in a way, yet connected on all sides to its fellows, its comrades. Each shines at different times, when it is its turn to shine.
 
A jewel composed on a single facet cannot shine so brightly, so brilliantly. It cannot reflect those sharp rays of lights, those soft rainbows. No, the single-faceted jewel - a cat's eye agate, or a piece of jade - they cannot be as valuable as the faceted diamond, the ruby, the emerald.
 
Such are shinobi, such is Konoha.
 
It is a giant emerald, with its many facets ready and willing to work together, willing to help each other out, willing to cover for others, to take over, to back, and, when the time comes, to shine. They are willing to let their comrades make one last, victorious stand.
 
But they don't die, they don't vanish. They live forever, for even as they are replaced, their memory lingers.
 
And it is its many facets that make a jewel, as it is the many shinobi who make the village.