Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Fall Of The Ninja ❯ Assignment ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hello

Once again, I'm going to make a fanfic, although, technically, it isn't a “fan fiction”because I'm not really a fan. But thats getting off of topic. I'm here to bring you a Naruto fiction that I've been developing for a while and decided to put it in the works. This Fic happens before Shippouden.


So with out further adue, here it is...





Assignment


His tears fell to the ground as he lifted his bloody hands to his line of vision. He gasp as he pounded his hand onto the ground and yell out into the night in terror. The bodies of Sakura, Lee and Shikamaru to his left and a silhouette of a man walking away from him slowly.


Naruto jumped up from his bed, panting harshly. Sweat running down his forehead. He looked around and placed his hand on his chest, sighing lightly as he stood up from his bed and went into the bathroom.


Ten minutes pass, he walks out with a toothbrush in his mouth as he looked out the window over the Konoha village and stretched. He quickly grabbed his usual orange jacket and ran out the door, eager to get to the Hokage to see if he had gotten an assignment for the day.


He Leapt across the tops of the buildings to get there faster, disregarding clothes line and other peoples belongs on the roofs. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Sakura walking down the street with a bucket of water filled to the top and Konahamaru walking next to her. Naruto stopped and jumped off of the buildings to meet up with them.


“Hey there you two! What are you up to Sakura?” He asks sheepishly


Sakura just frowned a little and continued to walk, this time a little faster. Konahamaru turned to Naruto and grinned and then stuck his tongue out at Naruto. He then ran to catch up to Sakura.


Naruto stood there and watched them for a moment. He closed his eyes and snuffed as he turned away from the two, placing his hands on the back of his head, “Fine, not like I cared anyway!” He leapt back onto the top of a near building and continued to the Hokage.


As he arrived, he noticed Shikamaru, Choji and Neji standing at the entrance. Naruto landed in front of the three and waved to them. Choji smiled as he reached into his potato chip bag and munched on another chip.


“Hey there Naruto! You looking for an assignment too?” He said as he wiped his greasy hand on the side of his shirt.


Naruto nodded, “Yep!” He said enthusiastically.


Shikamaru let out a loud sign, “Don't you do anything else during the day Naruto? It seems everyday I see you standing here waiting for an assignment or at the Ramen shop. It's like you have a one track mind or something...”

Naruto only tilted his head a little to the question, making Shikamaru sigh again as he dropped his face into his cupped hand. “Never mind...” He said.


Neji was silent as he leaned against a nearby tree. He didn't like to be included in random, useless conversation. He lifted his self off of the tree as the doors opened to grant access to the four. Neji walked in followed by Shikamaru, Naruto and bringing up the end, Choji. They walked up to the door to the main office and knocked. After a few moments, the door opened and the four walked inside.


Tsunade was sitting behind the desk as she always was. A large, mess of paper work lay dormant to the side of the desk. He hair was messy and slight bags under her eyes. She instantly glared at Naruto as he began to open his mouth with his usual greeting. Naruto shuddered heavily from her glare and hid behind Choji.


"I've got an assignment for you all to do, but you need one more person” She explained as she stood up and grabbed a file, “anyway, I want you to go to these coordinates and bring back a box. The box is inside of a house and the house is filled with traps. So I'm sure I don't need to tell you to be careful.”


Just as Tsunade handed the file to Neji, Sakura walked into the room with the bucket of water. Konohamaru was no longer tailing her. She placed the water in the corner and wiped her forehead.


“Sakura” Tsunade said abruptly. “I want you to accompany these guys so they don't die.”


“O-okay...” She said hesitantly as she looked at the group. Naruto stuck his head up from behind Choji and smiled widely, making Shikamaru sigh and Sakura growl.


Neji led the group, as they walked down the wooded trail that led out of the village. Naruto and Choji walk behind Shikamaru and Sakura, Choji was still munching on his chips. Naruto's belly grumbled as he looked over to Choji.


“Hey, is it alright if I can have some?” Naruto asked Choji.


Choji consumed another chip and shook his head, “No, get your own.” He said bluntly.


“Give me a chip!”

“No!”

“I said give me one! Just one!!”

“And I said no!!”


Shikamaru and Sakura sighed heavily at the same time. They looked up at each other and a small blush appeared on both of their cheeks. Sakura quickly looked down and Shikamaru looked away and scratched his pink cheek.


The day began to pass and the night started to break. Neji stopped and turned to the group. “Okay, I guess we can rest for now and continue in the morning. Naruto, go find some fire wood, Sakura and Shikamaru, get some water. Choji, you'll stay here with me. We'll work over the plans.” They all nodded as Neji and Choji started to clear the area and the other three left.


Sakura and Shikamaru walked through the forest. An awkward silence draped them. Shikamaru held his hands in his pockets and he had his back hunched over lazily. His gazed directed away from Sakura. She on the other hand had her fingers entwined and he head lowered. The blush returned to her face.


“Naruto's such a nerd...” She said to break the silence.


Shikamaru looked over to her and nodded a little, “Y-yeah...”


Her attempt to kill the awkwardness only strengthened it. And the small blush grew a little. They arrived at a small stream. Shikamaru kneeled down and took out a large bottle, placing it into the water to fill it up. He looked back and saw Sakura standing above him with his back to him. He could feel tension. He saw her shoulders move slightly. He stood up and placed his hand on her shoulder, “I-Is everything alright?” He asked softly, but the was surprised as she turned around and wrapped her arms around him, her face pushed into his shoulder as her tears wettened it.


“I...I just miss Sasuke...” She said in a muffled voice.


Shikamaru sighed slightly and placed his hands on his back, moving his hand up and down her back slowly. His other hand moved onto the back of her head, trying to comfort her.


After a few moments, she lifted her head from his shoulder and looked up to him. Shikamaru blushed hard as their eyes met. A sudden impulse shot through her as she moved up a little and placed her lips to his. Shikamaru didn't know how to act towards this as his eyes grew wide and he shivered slightly. But he soon calmed and closed his eyes as he accepted the kiss.


Naruto walked through the forest, picking up sticks and twigs. He lifted a long, stick and dropped the others as he acted as if it were a sword. He swung it around for a moment and the broke it over his knee. After picking up the other sticks in a grumbling voice, he continued to walk around looking for more.


He stopped, seeing the two next to the water. His eyes grew wide, seeing Shikamaru kissing Sakura. His Sakura. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. He took a few steps back and started to run back towards the campsite. He slowed down, tears now running down his cheeks. He sat next to a tree and buried his face into his knee.


Hours passed. Shikamaru and Sakura were already back at the campsite with Neji and Choji. But Naruto wasn't there. Thinking it was too much of a bother to go back without Naruto and face the consequences, Neji decided to organize a search for him. He carefully planed it out and told the group, “Okay, Choji, you take the South, Sakura takes the West, Shikamaru takes the North and I'll go East. If there is any sign of him and he is okay, fire a flare once, if he is in trouble Fire in and opposite direction that they are in. I don't want any casualties, so try to be careful!”


The team nodded as the turned and prepared to leave. “Wait!” Neji said as Naruto came walking out of the bushes. His eyes turned away from the group. “Where have you been?!” Neji barked at Naruto.


Naruto dropped the sticks in front of Neji and turned towards his sleeping bag. “Sorry....I got lost...it won't happen again...” He said as he walked to his sleeping bag and lay down on it.


Neji was taken back a little. He had never seen Naruto like this. Did something happen to him? He looked down a little and then turned to the group. Okay...lets get a fire started and have something to eat...” He looked back to Naruto, who now had his sleeping bag over his face. Neji then started to help the others out.


The moon started to set over the horizon. The others were asleep. But Naruto could sleep at all. His mind continued to replay what he saw near the water. He sat up and looked over to the extinguished fire, looking to see if any food was left over. His eyes grazed over the documents that Tsunade gave to Neji. They were laying dormant next to him. Naruto pulls out a couple of leaves and transformed them into a shadow clone of the folder. He then leapt up and quickly snatched and replaced the folders as he dashed through the trees.


Neji woke up and looked around, first down at the folder that lay neatly next to him. The to Naruto. He saw him standing in front of a tree with his back facing him. Neji made a humph noise and turned over, covering his self with the sleeping bag. Naruto then looked back at Neji from the tree and grinned as the shadow clone of him and the folder poofed away.


Naruto sped through the trees until he felt that he was far enough away to stop and read the folder. His mind was set, he would complete the mission alone before the group woke up. Then he was going to leave the village. It wasn't like he had gotten any respect there to begin with. He scanned the contents and then closed the folder and nodding. He looked back at the direction he came, tears building in his eyes again, “Well, this is goodbye Sakura...” He then sped through the trees, leaving the folder on the tree that he was on.


A pair of red eyes opened under the tree that Naruto left th folder on. A man walked out of the bushes and leapt atop the branch, picking up the folder. This man wore a village of the snow head protector. He was thin, but he made up in it by holding an unreasonable amount of items. He looked towards the direction that Naruto went and vanished.


Naruto arrived in front of an old house. With no disregard, he kicked in the door and bellowed into the main room. He looked around a little and then placed his fingers together to send about a hundred Shadow Clones out to find and disable the hidden traps. Each time a clone would die, Naruto would make a new one until the deaths would stop.


He then walked into the house, a little weak from the expensive amount chakra use. He walked up the stairs and looked around a bit before coming to the first bedroom stated in the folder. He walked in and looked on top of the bed. A small black box lay atop the neatly folded cover. Dust bullied everything in the room besides the box.


Naruto walked up to it and grabbed it. He then started to leave the room when he stopped. His eyes locked on the box. The man appeared in front of Naruto. He lifted his hands and two blade came out of the sleeves of his jacket. “Okay son, just hand over the item and you'll die painlessly” He said, but Naruto didn't respond. His eyes were still on the box, holding it up with his right, his left hand would move up slowly and was place on the top as he prepared to open it.


The man only tilted his head. He lowered his weapons, now curious about what was inside as well. Naruto seemed as if he was in a trance. His right hand quivered as he left hand started to reveal the contents of the box. The man leaned over a bit to peek, but it was empty. He growled. “What is this?! I came all the way out her and you don't even have anything for me to steal! What a worthless brat!” He said as he rose the blades, ready to attack.


But then he paused again as he looked to Naruto. Naruto's eyes were moving back and forth wildly. His whole body shaking. Sweat began to pour down his face. Then he looked up to the man.


The man stepped back a little, confused. He then trust his blade towards Naruto, yelling out “Die” as he did. Naruto's hand lifted and stabbed it's self through the blade. Until it stopped on his hand. His fingers wrapped around the man's hand and then pulled him close. They faced eye to eye now. Naruto's eyes changing from black to blue, red to white. The man tried to pull away, but what seemed like little force attempted by Naruto, was more like trying to lift a car, it seemed impossible. The man then ceased struggling. He looked down to him and scoffed, preparing to say something witty, he was cut off as Naruto ripped his arm off.


The man stepped back, yelling at the pain of his severed arm. He fell to his knees and looked back up, only to meet his end with the blade stabbing him through the head.


Naruto stepped over the body as he walked out of the house. He then stopped. Looking up, he saw Neji in front of him. “So, you thought you could just leave the group and do it on your own huh?” Neji asked, knowing the answer. But Naruto didn't respond. He just looked up at Neji. Naruto's hand trailed down and grabbed a shuriken from his pouch and pointed it at Neji.


Neji seemed displeased and he lowered his stance. “Whats wrong with you? You started acting weird at the campsite and now you are pulling a weapon on me? Fine, if it is a beating you want...then I'll give you one! Byakugan!” Neji yelled out. He was then taken back, looking at Naruto, he had no Chakra points at all. Neji shook his head a little. He must be masking his chakra, Neji thought. So Neji ran up to Naruto and pushed two of his fingers into Naruto's chest, going by memory of the main chakra point.


He looked up to Naruto, his fingers still on his chest. Naruto looked down to his chest and the back to Neji. “My turn” A voice said. But Naruto's lips didn't move. Naruto grabbed Neji's neck and lifted him off of the ground. He dropped the shuriken and placed his other hand on Neji's shoulder, pushing down hard and in a moments time, separating Neji's head with the rest of his body.


Naruto grinned widely as he dropped the head and turned toward the direction the other members of the group were in. He pulled out a few kunai and threw them hard into the air. He then turned toward the West and started to leap through the tree. His destination, the Konoha village.


Sakura woke up to the sound of various “thumps” She quickly sat up and looked around. Shikamaru sat up and clutch his leg. A kunai buried into it. Sakura shrieked, seeing Choji with three kunai in his head, one of them with a piece of paper on it. Shikamaru yelped as he jumped over and tacked Sakura, covering her as the paper exploded.


Shikamaru finished burying Choji and wiped the sweat off of his forehead. He looked back to Sakura who was still shaking. Shikamaru limped over to her and sat down next to her. “I think I should take you back to Konoha...the others two probably went there already...” Shikamaru said to her, although he was assured that who ever did this to Choji, could have done the same to Naruto and Neji.