Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Focused on the Now ❯ Sakura's Nightmare ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

7: Sakura's Nightmare
Sakura opened her eyes and found herself in an unfamiliar room. Sitting up in confusion, she rubbed her eyes trying hard to remember what had happened last night but failing. Her memory was hazy, and she couldn't bring any specific memories to the surface; it gave her a major headache.
Taking a good look around, she found a large white room with dark blue curtains concealing the sunlight that desperately searched for a way into the room to fall upon her. A dresser sat underneath the window with a few knickknacks scattered upon the top. An open door revealed a huge walk-in closet. To the right of the bed was a nightstand that held her girlie magazines and a few pictures, but it was too dark to see who was in them. A very expensive carpet lined the floor, and Sakura found herself, yet again wondering where she was.
Glancing down, she found she was not the only one in the bed. Raven hair poked out from beneath the covers. He was facing away from her, but she knew who he was. Sasuke Uchiha. She raised her eyebrows even more confused. Looking down again, she found a huge diamond on her left ring finger. Was she married to him? Was this their bedroom?
Oh My God!Sakura thought. I married Sasuke Uchiha?What had possessed her to do that? She hated his guts, or at least she thought she did. Now, she wasn't so sure. All of the feelings she thought she felt were slowly slipping away and were being replaced with feelings of love and compassion.
She got up, careful not to wake him and found herself with no clothes on. Oh.She put two and two together and found herself running into the bathroom (surprised she knew where it was), throwing up. After she emptied her stomach, she washed her mouth out and wiped her mouth clean with toilet paper, throwing it in the trash, but something in the trash caught her eye. It was a pregnancy test! Taking it out, she was shocked at what it told her. She was pregnant. Maybe that explained why they had done it. She had told Sasuke and he had been overwhelmed with happiness.
Feeling better, she strolled back into the bedroom and got dressed. Glancing at herself in the mirror, she found she had a slight bump. Not enough for anyone else to really notice unless they really looked. She was elated at the fact that she was going to be a mother.
She felt sick again and ran back into the bathroom. This time, though, a pair of hands held back her hair for her and kissed her neck softly. “So, did you think about what I told you?” he asked softly, and Sakura felt herself melting into him.
I have a headache this morning; I'm sorry, but I don't remember what you told me,” Sakura admitted, shamefaced.
He looked angry as he turned her to face him. “You know, about the abortion.”
Who's abortion?” Sakura asked confused. Surely he wasn't talking about their baby.
He gave her a threatening look. “Yours.”
Sakura was floored. “Mine?” She squeaked out. She shook her head and scooted as far from him as she could in the confines of the bathroom.
Of course yours. We talked about this yesterday morning, you know, when you told me about it.” Sasuke told her as if he was talking to a slow, incompetent kindergartener.
Sakura frowned. “No.” She shook her head. “I'm not going to have an abortion.” She was defiant, adamant. She didn't believe in abortion.
His eyes clouded over. “Yes you are. Whether you want to or not. I will get my way. I always do.” He stood up and strolled out of the bathroom and out the bedroom.
Sakura sobbed softly to herself. This was the guy she had been so crazy about when she was young and naïve? What had she seen in him? Why had she even given him a second chance after he left her? This couldn't be the real Sasuke Uchiha. There had to be something wrong, something out of place.
The day passed and Sakura just sat in the enclosed bathroom sobbing her heart out. She had only moved to lock the door. She couldn't take the chance of Sasuke walking in on her and seeing her this way. No. It was just too much. She either puked her eyes out or sobbed until no more tears would come.
When she finally began to feel better, she wandered out of the bedroom and explored the rest of the house. Or mansion. Everything was twice the size it should be. She was impressed; she had always wanted to live in a mansion- it had been a secret dream of hers.
She was eating an apple in the kitchen when Sasuke strolled in through the back door, sweaty and tired looking. “Feeling better?” he asked because he felt it was a husband was supposed to say, not because he really cared.
Sakura found herself staring at his muscles that strained against the thin fabric that was his shirt. He had to be about six foot five, a good foot taller than her, and probably three times her weight.
Sure,” Sakura nodded slightly. She was still too angered to really talk to him. How could he have said such a thing?
Let me make it up to you, over dinner?” he suggested so seductively that Sakura couldn't say no. She just nodded. “Good. Now, we'll discus the problem over dinner. Go put on something pretty, and we will be on our way.” He turned and headed upstairs to take his shower.
Sakura was fuming on the inside. Was she the “problem”? She wasn't going to take it. If he insisted on an abortion, she would leave him far behind, and she meant it. She was not going to sit there and take it. She was better than that.
With nothing stopping her, she walked upstairs into their bedroom and into the walk-in closet, looking for something amazing to wear, something that would knock Sasuke's socks off. She found a backless, red, halter top dress that was skin tight, hugging her curves graciously. Just above her knees, it flared out slightly. Checking herself in the mirror, she brushed through her hair and pulled it up out of her face. After making sure her make-up was perfect, she declared herself ready.
She headed back downstairs after pulling on a pair of matching shoes. Sasuke had headed downstairs after he had showered and dressed to wait for her. She found him sitting in the living room, reading the paper.
He glanced up, and his eyes smoldered with passion. She knew she had picked the right dress. “I'm ready when you are,” she told him, breezing passed him and waited for him at the door. She saw he wanted to pounce on her then, to bring her back up stairs, but they had pressing matters to attend to.
At the restaurant, the most expensive restaurant at that, they were eating silently. Sakura caught him sneaking glances at her. She wanted to shake her head at him, she had picked this dress out because it was so tight, it would really show off the bump on her stomach, this way if she suddenly had no bump, people would get suspicious.
Once they had their fill, Sasuke turned his full attention upon his wife. “Sakura, I know you really want this baby, but I feel that neither of us are ready for it. Quite frankly, I don't want kids, and I thought you understood that when you said “I do.” Or have you forgotten?”
Sakura glanced down at her hands in her lap. She didn't want to look him in the eyes. She remembered that memory. After Sasuke had proposed, he had told her that he had no intention of ever wanting children. She had accepted anyway. She was head over heels for him.
I didn't think so. Now, come on. Think about this rationally. Do you think this would be a healthy environment for the child to be growing up in? My not wanting it, you never being home with your job at the academy,” he shrugged. “It's just not healthy. Think about what's best.”
No, please, no. Please just let me keep it,” Sakura begged, looking up at him. “Please.”
Sasuke frowned in disgust. “Don't beg. It's not fitting for you. You look like a mutt. And, you know how I feel about that.”
Sakura felt the tears threaten to burst forth. She tried to blink them back. He was so mean. She suddenly regretted giving him a second chance. “I want to go home.” Sakura stood and headed for the door, Sasuke left a fifty on the table and followed after her, anger threatening to boil to the surface.
Once at home, Sakura stomped into their bedroom and threw her shoes in the closet. Sasuke stopped at the door and leaned against the frame, a smirk plastered on his face.
I am having this baby, and there is nothing you can do to make me change my mind!” Sakura screamed at him once she couldn't stand the silence another minute.
Sasuke raised an eyebrow, skeptical. “Oh, there is a lot I can do,” he shrugged his broad shoulders.
She shook her head furiously. “No! I want this baby. I want you to be it's father!” She cried, angrily.
Sasuke straightened. “I'll give you an ultimatum. Either the baby goes, or I do. I will not tolerate this. If you are adamant about this baby, then I will leave, and I won't look back. I will take the money, the house, everything you own away from you. You will be left with nothing.” He seemed smug with himself.
Sakura hesitated. She didn't want that. She wanted Sasuke, no matter how absurd he was being. She would make him see, she had to. She couldn't live without him.
Sasuke shook his head and headed out the door. “Sasuke! Please don't leave!” Sakura sobbed. “Wait!”
Sasuke turned back around. He was going to deal with this now. He had had enough. HE wasn't going to listen to her cry and plead. It disgusted him. He stalked forward towards her, arms raised. Sakura saw his intent in his eyes.
No,” she shook her head, pleading for him to stop. “No. Don't do it!” she cried hysterically.
Sasuke reached over and slapped her across her face, bruising her face. Sakura was stunned, but she got up and ran down the stairs and into the kitchen, trying desperately to get away from him. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest in fear, fear of what he would do to her.
He was on her in a matter of seconds, tackling her to the ground. She took the blow to her side, turning her body so that her stomach would be safe. “No, please stop!” she cried, hoping to get through to him.
It only motivated him further. Thrashing her legs, she connected with his groin. Scrambling to her feet, she raced to the counter, where she yanked open drawers, looking for a anything, for a weapon. Sasuke was behind her, knife in hand, and slashed at her, he grazed her, though enough for blood to spew from the wound.
Running again, she tried to push back the pain in her arm and cheek. She needed to survive. She needed to fight back, but she was no match empty handed. She remembered he had a hand gun in the bedroom, in the closet. If she could get there before he killed her, she'd have a chance.
Climbing the stairs two at a time, she was shoved from behind and she fell into a table, breaking the vase full of flowers with her head and crumbled to the floor. Sasuke pulled back and kicked her in the side. A deafening snap rang out through the house, a shrill scream followed. Clutching her side, Sakura tried to crawl away, not sure of which direction she was headed.
Sasuke kicked her again, so hard that she flew down the stairs, catching her leg underneath her when she landed and falling on her arm breaking both. She smacked her head as she tumbled down the thirty steps. She landed in a twisted position, nothing normal.
Why? It was the only thing that came to her mind. Why had she given him the second chance. Was this her punishment for an open heart? Was this what she got for being too nice? Did she deserve this?
Another thought raced through her head. Was this how he murdered Orochimaru? Was this how he killed his brother? Did he have this audacity, this intensity as he did now?
She closed her eyes against the pain that was pulsing throughout her body. She wanted to cry, but she found no tears fell. She was accepting her death with dignity, and she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of anything.
His shoe was the only thing she looked at when he stopped in front of her and looked down on her. She couldn't move her head and look him in the eyes as she wanted to. She wanted to see the emotions in his eyes as he finished her off.
Breathing was getting difficult, and the pain increased with every breath she took. This couldn't be happening. She had her whole life ahead of her. She wasn't even middle aged yet. She was not afraid of death, just afraid of being alone. This just couldn't be real.
Real? Reality? A headache was added to the other problems as her mind tried to remember something that she felt she had locked away a long time ago. Wait. It was coming to her now. She was remembering, she had been in a forest, fighting Shauna. Her mission! This was an illusion? This wasn't real? She wasn't dying. This wasn't real!
Suddenly, the heart monitor stopped. Sasuke's heart dropped to his stomach. He felt as though he would burst. No. It couldn't be true. Her heart would start again. It had to, or he would never forgive himself.
Tsunade backed away, her composed expression crumbling. Shizune, who had rushed in to help with other medics to back her up put a hand on Sasuke's shoulder.
A medic asked, “Time of death?” He looked solemnly at the paper on his clipboard as he started to fill it out.
Glancing at the clock, Tsunade answered quietly, “8:32.”
Tears fell down Sasuke's cheeks freely, and he threw himself on Sakura's broken, dead body unashamed. Shizune tried to pull him off, but he wouldn't move; he just shook her off.
She couldn't be gone. This had to be an illusion, maybe part of the jutsu. He couldn't imagine not seeing her smiling face again as she walked down the street. She couldn't imagine the world functioning without her.
Sakura opened her eyes and found Sasuke sprawled out over her body. She was in so much pain, but she didn't even feel it. She just saw the tears stream down his face