Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Events ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Forgotten Events: Memory II

Event 11: Purple Rope

"Sasuke's hot and all, but that big purple rope has got to go." Karin did not realize that she was thinking aloud or that Shigetsu was standing right behind her.

"I thought it was strange looking too," Shigetsu agreed, startling Karin.

Karin jumped in surprise with a particularly expressive face, which revealed not only surprise, but a hint of annoyance. Surprisingly, the annoyance was directed more at herself than at Shigetsu. Her special ability allowed her to sense people and she didn't notice Shigetsu was right behind her.

"What?" Shigetsu asked with an adorable puzzled look.

'He conveniently ignored the part about Sasuke being hot,' Karin thought with relief. Clearing her throat and giving Shigetsu a nod of agreement she spoke, "we have to give him a new belt." She paused and a mischievous smiled graced her lips. "Shigetsu, why don't you take the rope away from Sasuke? You would be doing him a huge favor."

Shigetsu was unsure, "wouldn't he be mad?"

"Of course not, if anything he'll be grateful," Karin assured.

Shigetsu shrugged and nodded, "if you say so." He had to admit she was right, Sasuke should be grateful if someone saved him from the fashion disaster that was that big purple rope he dared to call a belt. With all the good intentions of helping his companion, Shigetsu snuck up on the unsuspecting Uchiha and pulled the rope off.

For a split second Shigetsu looked satisfied that he had helped Sasuke. Then his expression changed to worry, he was in big trouble. That rope was not a mere decoration, it was a necessity and without it Sasuke's pants fell down.

The very angry Uchiha pulled up his pants and glared at Karin, who was twitching from holding back laughter, surely she had something to do with this. Sasuke then moved his burning glare towards Shigetsu, who stood there mumbling incoherently as he tried to explain that he was innocent and it was all Karin's fault, not matter how guilty the situation made him look.

Time froze for a moment until Karin was unable to contain her laughter. The explosion of laughs was Shigetsu's cue and without a second to spare, he ran for dear life while Sasuke chased after him, holding his pants, trying to recover his much needed purple rope.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Event 12: Ninja Voice

"Kabuto!" Tayuya noisily made her way towards the Hidden Sound Village doctor's quarters. Somebody had stolen something precious to her and he was her main suspect. She caught him eyeing her delicious caramel filled chocolate bon-bons earlier and made it quite clear that they were not for him. Apparently he didn't get the message.

Tayuya finally reached his door and knocked with all her might. "Open the door!" She let a stream of colorful curses loudly flow and continued her insistent knocking. "Kabuto, open this door right now!"

Orochimaru walked by rubbing his temples and as he did, Tayuya once again loudly cursed Kabuto, his ancestry and future descendants alike. The snake sannin cringed at the sound of the girl's angry voice and tried to focus on making his head stop throbbing, which wasn't working.

"Ka-"

"Shut up!"

Tayuya jumped and turned to face the Sound Village leader. He looked just about ready to kill.

Orochimaru approached and Tayuya quickly stood aside. He straightened up and proceeded to gently knock on the door. "Kabuto, I need some medicine for my headache."

Not even a full minute had passed when the door opened just enough for a hand to fit. Kabuto's hand held some little white pills, which Orochimaru took. The hand disappeared behind the door and it was once again closed.

Orochimaru impatiently tapped his foot and glared at the little white pills. Incompetence was making his headache even worse. "Where's the water?" He finally asked.

While Kabuto as very tempted to tell Orochimaru to get it himself, he was a smart young man and as such he knew it was in his best interest not to make the snake summoner more upset than he already was. Once again the door opened slightly and the doctor's hand returned, this time holding a glass of water.

Satisfied with the service, Orochimaru put the two little pills in his mouth and swallowed them with some help from the water. He certainly hoped that medicine worked fast. "What is this medicine anyway? Is it something new that you developed especially for me?"

"It's aspirin," came Kabuto's voice from behind the door.

Orochimaru's golden eyes revealed surprise, as he stared at the door as if it grew a second, well, as if it grew a second door knob. Visibly offended, the sannin made an undignified sounding "hmp", threw his head back and walked off.

Tayuya blinked, was Orochimaru expecting something fancy and custom made just for a headache? She was taken out of her thoughts when the door once again slightly opened but this time not a hand but a head emerged.

The silver haired medic ninja had decided to see if the coast was clear. He was peeking out only slightly with most of his face still behind the door. When he saw Tayuya, he retreated immediately and shut the door with the sound of a lock echoing in the silence of the underground hideout.

"Kabuto!" Tayuya screamed loud enough for the entire Hidden Sound Village to head her. 'Oh, oh, oh,' went the echo of her voice in the dark tunnels.

"Shut up!" 'Up, up, up,' Orochimaru's voice came in response.

Tayuya decided that she'd best continue her investigation and accusations quietly. "Kabuto, I know you're there and I know you can hear me. Open the door this instant or I'm knocking it down."

"I can't do that Tayuya," Kabuto in a quiet voice. "Because if I do, you'll try to steal my kisses."

Tayuya blushed a bright scarlet, not only because of the embarrassment caused by Kabuto, but also because of her burning anger. As soon as she recovered from the shock, she started banging on the door and screaming like a mad woman. "Open the door this instant! I want my caramel filled chocolate bon-bons that you stole! I don't want your-"

"Shut up!" 'Up, up, up,' Orochimaru's threatening voice echoed once again and everyone in the Hidden Sound Village fell silent at least for a few seconds.

"Bon-bons? Caramel filled chocolate bon-bons?" Kabuto's puzzled, but still attractive, voice was heard.

Tayuya backed away from the door. "Yes, my bon-bons that you stole!" She spoke loud enough for Kabuto to hear, but not loud enough for the sound to reach Orochimaru.

"I don't have any bon-bons, I'm just eating some kisses and didn't want Orochimaru to find out, because he'll steal them for himself. He never listens when I tell him that a man of his old age needs to cut down on the sweets." She didn't know why but Kabuto's voice was getting on Tayuya's nerves, regardless of how nice it sounded.

"Oh, okay, I'll take your word for it." The orange haired girl ran off, she didn't want to hear that handsome voice anymore or it would drive her insane.

Kabuto waited and listened closely to the footsteps becoming further away, until he could no longer hear them. He peeked out and realized that Tayuya was in fact gone. It wasn't like he was lying; he really didn't take her bon-bons. After all, he was perfectly capable of getting his own chocolate. Kabuto shrugged and returned to his previous task of devouring twenty-five bags of chocolate kisses.

Disappointed, creeped out and chocolate-less, Tayuya made her way back to her room. As she walked down the tunnels she saw Kin heading in the opposite direction. "What's wrong? You look kind of flustered."

Tayuya tried to look as if she had no idea what Kin was talking about. "It must be my cheeks turning red from all the exercise I got."

Kin shrugged, "if you say so." Each girl then continued on her way towards their respective destinations.

Meanwhile. Kimimaro was in his room pretending to be asleep but actually enjoying one of the best things life had to offer. "These caramel filling chocolate bon-bons are the best!"

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Event 13: Temper

"Orochimaru, you said you would teach me that jutsu today," Sasuke reminded. Orochimaru did not reply but continued walking. The Uchiha followed him, "Orochimaru, the jutsu you were going to teach me, did you forget?" He sounded angry and annoyed.

"You sound like a little boy complaining because he didn't get the new toy he was promised." Orochimaru continued ignoring his angry apprentice and kept on walking at a steady pace, not too fast and not too slow.

"Teach me the jutsu!" Sasuke screamed impatiently. Orochimaru appeared to grin, amused by Sasuke's annoyance. The Uchiha noticed and was not pleased by the sannin's attitude. He rushed to stand in front of Orochimaru blocking his path. "Let's go train, now!" Sasuke glared at Orochimaru with sharangin eyes.

Orochimaru shook his head, "horgive me Sasuke." He pushed the boy away by the forehead, he didn't like that sharingan glare and he wouldn't like it until it was his. "Tomorrow, I'm busy today." Though his words were bathed in sarcasm, Orochimaru did not know how ironic his speech had been. Sasuke paused; he looked frozen, as if he was reliving certain events in his mind. With a killer look in his eyes, he attacked Orochimaru. "I told you I can't train you today." Orochimaru yelled, blocking the relentless attack.

"I'm going to kill you for that! Never say forgive me Sasuke and poke me on the forehead. Never do that!" Sasuke yelled angrily.

In another room Kabuto waited while going over his notes. "I wonder what's keeping Orochimaru. He said he had to discuss some things urgently." The echo of an angry voice reached his ears. "Another temper tantrum, this may take a while." Although he smiled and appeared indifferent, Kabuto knew that after Orochimaru and Sasuke were done training, he would have to be the one to find a miraculous solution to the ensuing injuries.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Event 14: A Nice Scent

Naruto sniffed himself, which caused Sasuke to give him an odd look. The blond then retrieved a small bottle containing blue liquid from his ninja utility bag and sprayed a generous portion of the substance all over his body. Then he proceeded to sniff himself again from different angles, twisting his body with amazing flexibility.

Not satisfied yet, Naruto sprayed himself once again and took an intoxicating deep breath. Finally satisfied and with only a small portion of the blue cologne left in the bottle, Naruto smiled proudly. This scent would certainly get Sakura's attention.

The holder of the nine tailed fox looked over at Sasuke, who was now covering his nose while glaring at him. Naruto smiled and extended his hand, holding out the nearly empty bottle of cologne for his comrade to take. "Want some?"

Sasuke's already deadly glare intensified, "no."

Naruto frowned, "aw c'mon Sasuke!" He just wanted to be friends with the other boy, but Sasuke wouldn't open up. He had spent nearly all his savings on that special cologne and he was willing to share it with the Uchiha. What an ingrate that Sasuke was. Or maybe he was just shy; Naruto smiled. "It's okay, I don't mind sharing it with you, go ahead."

"No!" Sasuke growled in annoyance. "I don't want to wear that stinky stuff." Throwing his head back in indignation, the Uchiha turned his back on Naruto and began to walk away in a desperate search for some fresh air to breathe, away from Naruto and the ever present smell of his cologne.

Naruto scoffed and crossed his arms as he watched the other boy walk away. They were supposed to be meeting Kakashi-sensei at the training grounds, but the jonin had not yet arrived. Sakura, who guessed their teacher would be late again, decided to take a little time for herself that morning, since she would be fine as long a she still arrived before Kakashi did.

With renewed determination, stirring possibly from boredom, Naruto continued his task to share his cologne with Sasuke in a sign of true friendship. But the other boy had already refused twice, so this time Naruto took on a different approach towards the dilemma by sneaking up on Sasuke and spraying what was left of the cologne on him.

"Idiot!" Sasuke was about to show Naruto that no one sprayed smelly colognes on an Uchiha and got away with it, but before he could, a loud fangirlish voice interrupted.

"Good morning Sasuke-kun!" Sakura squealed.

"Good morning Sakura-chan!" Naruto enthusiastically greeted her.

"Oh, hi Naruto," Sakura did not sound quite as exited. A peculiar scent reached her nose and she had to ask about it. "What's that smell?"

Thinking that she liked the scent, Naruto smiled proudly, "it's me!"

"Gross! Don't you ever take a bath?" Sakura waved her hand and covered her nose, while Naruto looked very disappointed. "Why can't you follow Sasuke-kun's example? He always smells so nice, especially today. Are you wearing a new cologne Sasuke-kun?"

Naruto's jaw nearly hit the ground and Sasuke looked very annoyed.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Event 15: Raspberries

Jiraiya was sent crashing to a tree after angering Tsunade. The white haired child dusted himself off and with a frown he tried to pretend that hasn't hurt. As if to save what he had left of his broken pride, he stuck his tongue out at the blond girl.

Tsunade made an angry pouty face that told him she would not allow him to mock her. She too showed him her tongue and it became a childish battle of who could blow more raspberries.

Then a third child joined them, the boy had dark hair and golden eyes. He was usually very quiet and kept to himself, so he didn't have any friends at the ninja academy. He shyly approached the other two and observed what they were doing.

"What do you want?" Little Jiraiya and Tsunade asked as the same time.

Little Orochimaru smiled, or grinned as close as he could get to a smile. "Can I play?" Before the other two had the chance to reply, the pale child stuck out his extremely long tongue.

In conclusion, some kids are more mischievous than an average child, some kids are stronger than an average child and some kids are just plain weird.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Event 16: Go

"Go..."

Shikamaru was woken up by the voice. It was one of his classmates, Naru... Naru... Naru-something or other. Shikamaru thought it was troublesome to try to remember. He remembered his best friend Chouji's name. He remembered Ino because she was too loud to forget and he remembered Iruka because he was the teacher. Those were enough people to remember from the ninja academy. But maybe this guy, even if everyone seemed to avoid him for some unknown reason, wasn't so bad. He seemed to like Go after all. Maybe the blond boy could be friends with Shikamaru and Chouji.

"Go..."

"I want to play Go too, this class is so boring." Shikamaru spoke for the first time to the blond boy sitting near by.

The spiky blond head turned to look at Shikamaru with blue eyes that revealed distress. "That sounds like fun but I'm not... I have to..." That was it! Naruto jumped from his seat and dashed to the door. "Iruka-sensei, I have to go!"

"Naruto wait!" It was too late; the boy had already dashed off to the restroom. "Why didn't he just say he needed to use the bathroom?" Iruka shrugged, Naruto would return soon enough. "Alright everyone, pay attention let's continue the lesson."

Shikamaru sighed, he thought he found another opponent to beat at Go, but it was just some kid who drank too much juice during recess. "How troublesome..."

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Event 17: Being Water Isn't Easy

Shigetsu's Point of View

Having the ability to turn into water might look useful, and it is, but it's not always beneficial. Just try to picture it, a small child finds a kitten and picks it up. The kid likes the cat, the cat likes the kid, it all seems perfect, right? But it all goes wrong when the boy hugs the kitten and drowns him. Then the poor child ends up literally falling to pieces through his tears. Traumatic isn't it?

That was a long time ago and I've learned to control this ability, but it's not nice when you're trying to sleep and someone stomps on you because they decided to be childish and jump on the puddle. I was dreaming and my control slipped, then I received that rude awakening from Yuugo and had to put up with Kari's literally wet dream jokes.

All of that was traumatic really, but the experience that takes the cake has to be that one time I was taking a bath, minding my own business, when Sasuke assumes that the tub is only filled with regular water and jumps in. I thought I outsmarted Sasuke by getting to the bathroom of the apartment he, Yuugo, Kari and I first, because he always takes forever in the bathroom, but I forgot to lock the door.

While we screamed and splashed in surprise, both of us caught off guard by the accident, Karin found out about it and never let us forget it. I'm Shigetsu and let me tell you, being water isn't easy.

End POV

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Event 18: Hinata's Diary (SasukexHinata)

Hinata's Point of View

"If you still care about him that way, you should just be honest about it!"

"No... I... um..." I'm at a loss for words as usual, but before he leaves, I call out, "wait! Please read this, don't go!" I rush to my room and return with my diary. "From this page..." I open it up and hand it to him. I can't push the words out, but they have already been written and I must explain this to him somehow.

xoxox xox xoxox

Wednesday, September 16, 20XX

We had a special training exercise today. It was a sort of scavenger hunt that's supposed to teach us to collect information and learn to tell the difference between real information and a false lead. Many people were instructed to give us clues about the items we were searching for, but not all the clues were real.

For this training, we were placed in pairs instead of our usual teams of three. We are all ninja of the Leaf Village and we must communicate and cooperate with each other, even if we're not used to working with each other because we're from different teams. Communication has never been my strong point, even with the teammates I see nearly every day.

I was paired up with Sasuke. I know he's a skilled ninja so I was relieved, but I was also scared that my lack of ability might be that much more obvious. Sasuke was quiet at first when we walked through the streets looking for clues, but then he started talking to me about a lot of things and I relaxed. He seems cold at first glance, but I think he's actually really nice.

Sasuke and I found all the items for the scavenger hunt first. I told him it was because he was a good ninja, but he said I did a lot of the work too. It made me really happy that I was able to contribute to our team. Even more, I am happy that I got to know Sasuke a little.

Friday, September 18, 20XX

Sasuke came by this evening and we talked for a while in the yard. We talked about a lot of things, but nothing really stood out. I'm not sure why he wanted to talk to me, but it was nice. I agreed to meet him for lunch tomorrow.

Saturday, September 19, 20XX

I went to lunch with Sasuke then we walked around during the afternoon and went to the park. It was a lot of fun, Sasuke is really nice. I'm always shy, but he made me feel comfortable. I'm very happy I can be his friend and I'm looking forward to tomorrow, Sasuke asked me to meet him for dinner.

Sunday, September 20, 20XX

I'm so confused right now! Today at dinner, Sasuke said he liked me. I didn't know what to say so I stammered and asked him about Sakura and Ino. He said he didn't like either of them that way and also told me Ino likes Shikamaru, I never noticed before. I guess I couldn't notice who other people liked when I was so wrapped up in my own feelings, I certainly didn't notice that Sasuke liked me.

Sasuke has other girls who like him; I've always known that, so I decided that he was out of reach. I have never heard anyone confess her feelings for Naruto, so I always thought he was available. Besides, Naruto always tries so hard no matter what people say and that gives me hope.

I couldn't reply to Sasuke and he said it was okay. He said I should take time to sort my feelings. I'm going to talk to Naruto and find out how deep my feelings are and if they're really worth confessing. I don't want to hurt Sasuke, but I don't want to lie to him and I don't want to keep him waiting for too long.

Tuesday, September 22, 20XX

After going around in circles on Monday and losing my courage when ever I saw Naruto, today I finally talked to him. I couldn't tell him I liked him, but I managed to ask him to dinner tomorrow. He asked if we could go for ramen and was really happy when I agreed, that made me smile.

Wednesday, September 23, 20XX

Today Naruto and I had ramen together for dinner. I had fun, Naruto is really carefree and relaxed, but I was nervous. I don't think Naruto understood, I hope he didn't get the wrong impression and think I didn't want to be with him.

I was going to tell Naruto how I felt and find out if he was willing to accept me, but I didn't. I kept spacing out and remembering my time with Sasuke. Even so, I think things went well. I'm sure Naruto only thought of it as a dinner between friends and that's what it ended up being.

Thursday, September 24, 20XX

I had a strange dream last night. I was training somewhere; I think it was in the village. There was a lot of grass, the skies were clear and there was a tree near by. From the corner of my eyes I saw Sasuke behind the tree and wondered if he had something to say. I wanted to go over to him, to say something, or at least look at him directly, but I didn't. I just kept training and he stayed behind the tree the entire time.

This is really strange. I've had dreams like this before, but usually Naruto is training and I'm the one behind the tree. Does this mean that Sasuke has been watching me for some time and I never noticed? I don't mean to make him go through what I'm going through keeping my feelings bottled up. I need to sort things out soon.

Friday, September 25, 20XX

I didn't go to training today because I wasn't feeling well. Physically I'm fine, but emotionally I'm not. I'm still very confused and didn't want to face anyone. I feel terrible. All the teams were supposed to be training together and Sasuke must have noticed I wasn't there. He must think I'm avoiding him. Okay, I am avoiding him, but it's just because I don't want anyone to be hurt.

I guess that's why I first labeled Sasuke as impossible. He already had other girls who liked him, so I thought I wouldn't stand a chance. I also didn't want to make an enemy out of anyone, if by some miracle I did stand a chance. Naruto wasn't only available, but he's also a great guy, not that Sasuke isn't.

I really have fun with Naruto; he's so funny, carefree and has a strong will. But now that I think about it, Sasuke is really a hard worker too. He's really skilled and all, but I'm sure that doesn't come as easy as most people think. Being the last Uchiha, Sasuke must be under a lot of pressure. I never realized how hard things must be for Sasuke, he really is admirable.

Saturday, September 26, 20XX

Neji told me that Sasuke was in the Hyuga compound asking about me. Neji offered to let Sasuke in, but Sasuke refused and just asked Neji to tell me to "get well soon."

I can't stop thinking about Sasuke. I realized I overlooked him because I thought he was out of my league. I also came to realize that he is very admirable and kind. I admit that Naruto is easy to notice and he is a great friend, but I know now that's all I feel for him, friendship and admiration. I miss my conversations with Sasuke and his nice attentions. I think I have feelings for Sasuke, but I want to be sure, so I'll really think about it.

Monday, September 28, 20XX

I've thought about this until my head hurts and I really do have feelings for Sasuke. For Naruto I feel friendship and admiration, but I have a crush on Sasuke. It feels like I've kept this bottled up and just recently realized it. I've always marked Sasuke as unavailable in my mind and now that I know he is available, every emotion came rushing out.

I need to tell Sasuke how I feel, but I wonder if I'm too late. I avoided him for days and he might think I don't like him. I can't get myself to talk to him, so I'll write him a letter explaining everything. Talking has always been my weak point, but at least with a letter I can take my time and rewrite it until it's perfect. I'll try to give the letter to Sasuke, and if my confidence fails me, I'll ask Naruto to give it to him, I'm sure he won't mind.

Tuesday, September 29, 20XX

I lost my courage and asked Naruto to deliver the letter to Sasuke. Naruto gave me a knowing smile and I felt that he could read me like a book; I was right. Naruto said he recently found out Sasuke likes me and that Sasuke won't admit it but he knew.

I hope

xoxox xox xoxox

The last entry is unfinished because he arrived when I was writing it and I rushed to see him. He closes the diary and looks at me. "The letter was for me?" I nod and he laughs. "So that's what Naruto was trying to tell me. I didn't know and kept telling him to go away."

"I'm sorry, Sasuke, I should have said something sooner. Is it too late?"

"You don't have to apologize, I'm glad you took your time to be sure of your feelings," Sasuke smiled at me, "and it's not too late."

End POV

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Event 19: The New Uchiha Clan (SasukexSakura, NarutoxHinata)

Sasuke Uchiha stood alone by a cliff just outside the Hidden Leaf Village. He stared off into the distance, there was an ocean of trees as far as the eye could see, or at least normal eyes.

"There he is!" That voice belonged to Naruto. Sasuke's rival, but also one of his best friends.

"Sasuke!" He recognized that voice too. It was Sakura his childhood friend and fan girl, the girl who, years later, was still obsessed with him.

He didn't turn as they quickly approached and stopped, standing right behind him left and right. "Why do you keep running off like that?" Naruto was annoyed.

"I have things to think about," Sasuke stared at the horizon.

"What things?" Sakura asked.

"Things that are no one's business but my own," Sasuke answered. Sakura looked down as if she regretted asking that question. She didn't want Sasuke to think of her as a fan girl who didn't respect his privacy. She tried not to look that way, but sometimes it's how it came out. Still, she cared for him deeply and she was certain he knew that.

"That's not how things works we're a team! Believe it!" Naruto insisted. Sasuke smiled lightly, that bone head Naruto could sure be annoying some times but he meant well.

"Naruto's right," Sakura agreed, "for once," she added in a humorous tone.

Before Naruto could complain, someone else arrived at the scene. "Naruto," a young woman named Hinata called softly.

"Hi Hinata!" Naruto greeted cheerfully. She was still a bit strange in his opinion and every day he wondered why. Even so, he was taking a liking to her.

"Naruto, I wanted to ask if... If you want to..." Her tone of voice became quieter with every word, until no one could hear what Hinata was saying.

"What is it Hinata?" Naruto asked.

Hinata blushed, "nothing." She turned around to leave and started to walk away.

With the speed of a ninja, Naruto caught up to Hinata and stood in her way. "I know you had something to say. Don't be shy Hinata; we've known each other for years. If there's something on your mind just say it. I'll understand."

Hinata considered leaving quickly, but decided against it. She took a deep breath, it was now or never. "You would like to... I mean, if you want to... I'll understand if you don't..." Her voice turned softer with every word, until once again it was inaudible. Hinata stopped, she was blushing even more.

Naruto's face was quite close to hers, as he made an effort to hear her whispered words. "You have to speak up Hinata."

Hinata nodded, becoming a little uncomfortable. She had full intentions of asking Naruto on a date as soon as she found where he went, but when she did find him with his team, her determination left her. That always happened when she was around him. She was shy, but even more around Naruto than she was around everyone else, "sorry."

"It's okay," this time Naruto was determined to find out what Hinata had to say. He noticed she was trying to tell him something, but couldn't quite get it out. He was becoming curious about what it could be. "You can whisper it to my ear if that makes you feel better."

Hinata blushed even more but nodded. "Okay," she was now inches away from Naruto's ear as he waited for her to say what she had been meaning to say for a long time. Finally, Hinata let it all out of her system and breathing deeply she said what she had come to say. "Naruto, do you want to go on a date with me?" Hinata screamed into Naruto's ear. She didn't mean for it to come out so loud, it just did. It was as if her tone of voice refused to do what she wanted when she was around him.

Naruto was taken by surprise by the scream in his ear and not just that, but because of what Hinata asked. "You want to go out with me?" Naruto asked through the ringing in his ears.

Hinata nodded shyly. "If you want to and if you're not too busy, we could go out for ramen." The last part came out as a very soft whisper.

Despite the rigging in his ears, Naruto was able to catch that last word. "Alright, let's go!" He looked at Sasuke and Sakura who were watching the scene. "I'll see you two later."

Sakura sighed happily, "how romantic..." She looked at Sasuke and realized he was once again staring at the trees below the cliff. The entire area was covered in a dense forest. "Sasuke you've been really quiet and distant since..." Sakura stopped there, she wasn't sure saying it was the best idea.

"Since Itachi?" Sasuke asked.

Sakura nodded. "You won, you reached your dream."

"Only half of it," Sasuke clarified.

Sakura's mind returned to that day in which they introduced themselves and said what their dreams for the future were. "To restore the Uchiha clan," Sakura recalled.

"Yes," Sasuke wasn't sure where to start. Was such a dream possible?

Sakura wished she could help, but she didn't know how. Offering her support was the next best thing, she hugged Sasuke. "I wish I could help. If there's anything I can do let me know."

"Sakura..."

"I know, you don't want my help..." Sakura sounded disappointed.

"Actually, I appreciate it, thanks," Sasuke voiced.

Sakura was taken by surprise and she smiled like never before.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Event 20: Limbo

Shikamaru didn't know who came up with the idea of a limbo contest, but he suspected it had been Naruto. The blond ninja was most certainly hyper about the limbo contest. Then again, he was hyper about everything, as opposed to Shikamaru.

Sakura and Ino had turned the event that was only meant for fun into another competition. They stretched and did their warm up exercises, as if the limbo contest was a fight for their very survival.

Near by, Sasuke Uchiha stood under the shade of a tree, resting his back against it, looking rather bored and partially annoyed. Naruto bounced around near the Uchiha, trying to get him excited about the limbo contest to no avail.

One who certainly was excited about the contest and almost as energetic as Naruto, was Rock Lee. This was his chance to prove that his hard work had paid off and a chance to show off for Sakura. Being a tai-jutsu specialist, his body was flexible and well trained for a challenge such as a limbo contest.

Neji didn't look too happy about the contest, but not truly annoyed either, just slightly. His expression was similar to that of Sasuke except, he was relieved to report that there was no hyperactive knuckle head bouncing around near him, trying to get him in a limbo mood.

Tenten seemed to be enjoying the atmosphere with everyone gathered together for the limbo contest and picnic. She had an over all positive attitude about it. She wasn't feeling particularly competitive, but she would try her best and focus on fun.

Chouji was another story. He most definitely did not want to be there for the limbo contest, but he couldn't refuse the picnic. He was fine with having a friendly gathering, even better because each team had brought plenty of snacks for later, but he definitely didn't like limbo contests. He wasn't fat, oh no, just a little chubby, but that was enough to ruin the game for him. He sat near his best friend Shikamaru, eating chips.

Kiba and Akamaru were rather cheerful that day, running around playing while they waited for the contest to start. Hinata stood at the other side of the tree Sasuke was leaning against, sneaking glances at Naruto as he annoyed the Uchiha. Shino had chosen another tree to stand against and there he stood quietly, seemingly unnoticed by everyone else.

Asuma and Kurenai were setting up some the picnic with the snacks that would be consumed after the limbo contest. Kakashi and Gai were apparently testing the limbo equipment by having a mini contest of their own.

After it was all set up, the genin lined up for the contest. Naruto, hyper as he was, just had to go first. His hyperness finally got to Sasuke, who decided to make a personal contest between him and Naruto out of the limbo contest and soon followed, clearing the first stage with ease. With Uzumaki and Uchiha looking to prove which of the two was better at limbo, the contest became more interesting.

Next came another rivalry, Sakura and Ino were also competing specifically against each other in that contest. Hinata cleared the first round as well and blushed like a tomato when Naruto gave her a friendly congratulation. Kiba cleared the round, followed by Akamaru. Needless to say a puppy doing the limbo was one of the cutest and funniest things they had ever seen.

Neji and Shino finished without too much fuss. While Tenten went into a laughing fit after her turn, she was definitely having fun. Lee made a determined pose before trying to limbo and a victory pose after.

Chouji wanted to delay his suffering as much as possible so he pushed Shikamaru into going first. The lazy ninja stumbled forward towards the limbo bar only to bend backwards at the last second. It was a close call, but he passed. Then it was inevitably Chouji's turn and somehow he managed to squeeze through round one.

The second round passed in a similar fashion except Chouji was eliminated. One after the other, the ninja fell, not for lack of skill or space, but usually because they tried so hard, that the smallest distraction made their concentration shatter. Lee had been an example of this. He was almost through when Sakura decided to be nice and cheer for him with all the good intentions in the world. Ultimately that was what doomed him as he felt the uncontrollable subconscious need to respond to Sakura's cheering with a knightly pose, which made him knock down the limbo bar.

Though Sasuke wouldn't admit it, never ever in a million years, he was actually having fun. It came to the point where he actually smiled. Both Sakura and Ino were under the limbo bar at the time, as they couldn't agree on who would go first and though they tried to blame it on the other, they both touched the bar and they were both eliminated.

Following the subject of trying too hard, a similar situation occurred with Naruto and Sasuke. They seemed to be doing just fine getting across the limbo area at the same time. The pole was long enough so two or three people could limbo at the same time. But their limbo came to an end when a square rock that was mysteriously sitting in front of the limbo area, suddenly turned into a young woman covered only by clouds of white smoke. Konohamaru's jutsu successfully distracted both the Uzumaki and the Uchiha, though the second would never admit it. With their concentration broken into itty bitty pieces, the two boys lost their balance and the contest. Soon after, Sasuke returned to the tree were he was leaning before with a rather unsatisfied expression, while Naruto chased Konohamaru all over the grassy fields.

This left Shikamaru, Hinata, Kiba, Shino, Neji and Tenten as the remaining limbo contestants who were yet to be caught by the limbo pole. Hinata suffered a similar fate as previous contestants. After Naruto had caught Konohamaru and taught him a lesson, that is to say, properly demonstrated the how to make the girl jutsu look really good, at the exact moment when Ebisu showed up looking for the Hokage's grandson, Naruto and Konohamaru returned to watch the limbo contest. As Hinata had her turn Naruto again, with all the good intentions in the world, decided to cheer for her, which caused her to blush brightly and lose her balance, falling backwards into the ground.

Shino found himself at a tough choice. He was doing well, but then noticed a little bug in his path. He certainly didn't want to step on it, but the stubborn suicidal bug wouldn't move out of the way and he was getting tired of standing there in such an awkward position bent backwards. Ultimately, Shino tired walking sideways under the limbo pole to avoid the bug and that was what cost him his balance.

Neji was getting a little tired of doing such 'trivial things' and it didn't help that Tenten was trying to get him to admit that he was having fun. He got into such a stubborn mood; he wasn't sure if he should quit to prove her wrong or win to prove how trivial limbo really was. In the end, he lost his balance when Tenten started chanting "limbo Neji, limbo," and got everyone else to join the annoying chant. That girl was definitely having way too much fun today. Suddenly Neji felt a sense of understanding for his cousin Hinata, maybe the embarrassment he felt when everyone suddenly started chanting, was similar to how she felt around Naruto, though the cause was obviously different.

With most of the contestants eliminated, only Shikamaru, Kiba and Tenten were left. Kakashi was drowning his sorrows of having his entire team eliminated by eating cookies and reading Icha Icha Paradise, though he really didn't really look all that sad, he was enjoying the afternoon.

Asuma and Kurenai were flirting, or as they said, having a friendly conversation and Gai was cheering for Tenten and trying to give her advice, while she completely ignored him in favor of relaxing and having fun.

Kiba was doing alright until Akamaru decided that he wanted some picnic food too. Kiba's instincts kicked in and in perfect sync he mimicked Akamaru's movements. That was not a good idea because Akamaru was small enough to pass under the pole in puppy form, but Kiba was not.

That only left Shikamaru and Tenten as the finalists. Shikamaru was feeling lazy as usual, but they made him limbo anyway. As he bent backwards as much as he could, he caught sight of the fluffy white clouds flying in the clear blue skies above so carefree. He really liked to watch the clouds, it was so relaxing he let himself go and dozed off right there.

"Shikamaru was eliminated. Alright Tenten, one more victory and you win!" Gai cheered.

"It doesn't matter; I'm in it just for fun, Gai-sensei!" Tenten replied.

"Well yes, of course, but you'll try your best right?" Gai asked.

"I guess so. Okay, Shikamaru it's my turn... Hey Shikamaru?" Tenten poked him but Shikamaru didn't move. "He's sleeping."

"The contest must go on!" Gai insisted.

"We'll have to move the pole or Shikamaru," Naruto analyzed the situation.

"Or both!" Konohamaru added.

"I'll help!" Rock Lee declared with a determined pose and held up the pole.

Naruto pulled Shikamaru out and delivered him to Ino, who had joined Chouji around their team's picnic basket, though her appetite was no where near as big as his. "Delivery!"

"Thanks, I think," Ino replied. Shikamaru looked quite peaceful sleeping. Maybe it was best not to take these contests too seriously.

From the beginning, Tenten was focused on simply having fun and didn't care too much about winning the limbo contest. Sure she would try her best, but fun would still be her main focus and it was that which brought her victory in the end.

End of Memory II

Disclaimer, I don't own Naruto, Hershey's kisses or aspirin. Special thanks to Xinda for the idea for Event 12. Event 13 was based on Chapter 301 of the manga, where it looks like Oro doesn't want to deal with Sasuke's bad mood, and on the chapters with Sasuke and Itachi's past. Event 20 is for Xinda.