Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Friends and Love; All Illusions and Lies ❯ Prologue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. Wish I did but I don't. [So sad]

Hi author here. This is my first Naru fic. So don't flame just yet ok. Oh and Gaara is like....um...4 in this fic. A very smart 4 year old. Temari is....um....I'll make her 7 and Konkurou, 6. Hey, I'm not really sure of their age but this will have to do. Besides I don't want the age difference to be so big. (sighs) [ I feel so dumb not getting this right]

"speech"

'tought'

-shakaku- (is that how you spell the demon's name?)

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\

Friends and Love; All Illusions and Lies

Prologue

Watching the other children play. Laughing. Smiling. Having Fun. He was always denied fun. Nobody would play with him. Nobody would talk to him or even look at him directly. Only his family would, but that was very seldom.

Gaara sat on the swing watching the other children play. He envied them, loathed them, yet he wanted to befriend them. But that was not possible. Since he was born, he never had real companionship. His birth mother died after giving birth to him, his father spoke to him once in a while, his elder sister helped him most of the time but she never really showed him real love and his elder brother was always giving him as little attention as possible. He felt alone, very alone.

The sun was beginning to set. The children's parents were taking their children back from the playground. Gaara watch them live happily, chatting, smiling and laughing away. How he envied them, loathed them for showing him what he can't have. Showing him he was alone.

-Don't worry I'm here for you-

'Who?' Gaara tought. This wasn't the first time that voice spoke to him. He didn't like it. Not one bit. It always gave him this odd feeling.

-Shhh...Don't worry I'll be here. I'll protect you. I'll kill them all. Make them suffer. Their blood will be so good.-

'Why? What do you...'

"Gaara! Gaara! Hey, are you ready to go yet?"

Gaara looked up at the voice that interrupted his mental conversation with the demon within him. A blond tomboyish looking girl was a few feet away from him calling him. 'Temari',Gaara tought.

"Are you okay?" the blond asked him. Gaara nodded to her.

"You go on home first. I'll come later." Gaara said watching the sand beneath his feet move in the wind.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to leave you here alone."

'It's too late for that. I'm already alone' Tought Gaara. "Yes. See you there."

"Okay. If you're sure." She turned around and began her way home.

-Why didn't you follow?-

'....' Gaara didn't reply.

-Don't worry, I'm here. I'll always be.- Gaara shuddered. He really didn't like this voice.

He didn't want to leave just yet. If he went home now the villagers would see him. They hated him; he knew it. He hated walking home with mummers and glares all around him. He just watched as the orange colour sky fade to the darkness that was night.

As the moon began to rise, he began swinging. Up and down. Back and forward. Going into the air like that made him feel better. Like he was nearly flying free. Free of all his loneliness. Nearly. So close but never close enough.

Gaara continued swinging for a while but it didn't matter to him. It's not like he sleeps anyway.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\

tbc

So how did you all like it. Sorry if it was short. Please R&R. Much appreciated.