Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ghostly Eyes ❯ Uzumaki Naruto vs. Kashghyu N'ga ( Chapter 20 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
NARUTO
GHOSTLY EYES
BY
Sgamer82

     Naru to, still in the form of Hinata, picked himself up onto his feet. Naruto had never expected Hinata would use that spinning move Neji used. Then again, Naruto knew it was something only Hyuga could do. That meant he was making progress. Her memory was coming back, bit by bit.

     Naruto had figured this would work. When he and Kiba had spoken during their watch last night, they had talked about Kurenai’s lecture on hypnosis. They remembered her saying that hypnosis was only effective when the person wanted to do what they were being hypnotized to do. They thought that meant that the more someone wanted it, the more susceptible they were.

     They knew that Hinata wanted to be strong, to be acknowledged. They knew that this Genjutsu of the Nimmoris’ was giving her what she wanted most. They had to break that spell to get Hinata back. In remembering her admiration for Naruto, the two had come up with this idea. To show Hinata the ideal self. The self she strived to be. Confident, strong, refusing to yield to any obstacle. In so doing, Hinata would (hopefully) realize that what she had wasn’t what she really wanted after all, breaking through the illusion holding her. To accomplish that, Naruto took Hinata’s form, intending to fight and defeat Kashghyu N’ga, and bring back the real Hyuga Hinata.

     If the pain resulting in hitting a spinning wall of chakra was any indication, it was working. Though perhaps not as well as it should be. Hinata was clearly remembering something of her past. But she was still in the persona of Kashghyu N’ga. Naruto was sure of this because she still had that irritating smirk on her face. That look that said she knew she would win, it was just a matter of how long it would take. Not to be outdone, however, Naruto gave Hinata that very same smirk in reply.

     “Nice trick, Hinata!” he called out in the girl’s voice, making a point of stressing her name. Hinata’s smirk faltered for a moment at the mention of her name. Naruto took a quick inventory of his Bunshin. Many had been dispelled as a result of Hinata’s last strike. However, he counted out about six or seven remained. Naruto considered making more, but thought better of it. It would waste chakra better conserved for something down the line.

     He had the Kuchiyose no Jutsu and the Rasengan. However, his summoning was still a bit unpredictable and the Rasengan too potentially lethal. While he was no longer holding back, he still didn’t want to actually kill Hinata. Besides, while Kage Bunshin helped Naruto in unsettling Hinata, using any techniques she had never seen before might hurt his chances of getting through to her. Using stuff she had seen already made her unsteady, reminded her of the past. Using unfamiliar moves threatened to make her refocus her attention on the present.

     Okay… so what can I use that she already knows about? Naruto wondered to himself. He had an idea, and he had just enough Bunshin available to implement it. Unfortunately, Hinata moved before he did. Kashghyu N’ga performed a technique she had studied in her brief time among the Nimmori. Though also known to the outside world, it was commonly known and used here as a means of traveling through the large trees. She squatted down, concentrating as much of Life’s Flame into her legs and feet. She then jumped straight up, gaining height far greater than any normal human could accomplish alone. The Leap of the Grasshopper was a means of leaping great heights or distance when necessary, a vital tool to a tree dwelling people.

     Naruto could only watch as Hinata leapt straight up. He wondered what she was trying to do. He became even more perplexed when Hinata began performing the Kaiten when her jump reached its highest point. Naruto wondered what her plan was, as all she seemed to be doing was kicking up some heavy wind. Naruto realized what she was doing as she began to come down, several of wind blown leaves following behind her.

     He had only heard of the leaf shuriken move from Kurenai. This was his first time seeing it in action. He knew her plan now, and he couldn’t think of anything to stop it. She was using this technique as a means to hit all of her doppelgangers at once. He watched as Hinata performed the signs necessary for the move, making the dozens upon dozens of leaves she’d blown free hurtle straight down.

     All the Naruto-Hinatas did their best to move and dodge, but the real Hinata had made a point of using as many leaves as possible spread out as much as possible. There was nowhere on that stump that was safe except for maybe near the old man who was chanting. That was out, as Naruto got the feeling he should keep away from that guy as much as possible. So he did the only thing he could, he took the hits.

     The leaves didn’t hurt much, but they did leave a lot of minor scratches. Naruto’s unusually quick healing took care of them easily enough. But Hinata’s goal with this attack wasn’t to harm Naruto so much as expose him. The leaves did that with ease as the doubles that were hit poofed away into smoke, leaving only the real Naruto standing.

     Naruto knew he had to think fast. All was lost if she beat him. He had to figure out some way to win. His initial idea was still feasible. He just had to time it. But how, and when? There had to be some moment of vulnerability he could exploit. Just as Hinata landed and charged him, he got it. The moment an opening would most likely occur. If he did it right, she’d walk right into it, too.

     Naruto focused his Chakra, once again calling on the Kage-Bunshin no Jutsu to create doppelgangers of himself in Hinata’s form. He created about one dozen in all. He sent half of them to charge Hinata, reaching her just as she landed gracefully on the stump that was their battlefield. Hinata, as Naruto expected, didn’t hesitate. Once again she spun her body like a top, calling on the Hakkeshô Kaiten to spin away the doubles fighting her. Naruto waited for his opportunity. After some seconds went by, the wind generated by the Hyuga girl’s move began to die down. Her spinning slowed.

     Now!

 & nbsp;   Naruto had his remaining doubles, who had moved around so as to surround Hinata, attack. Four came at her, the one in front of Hinata struck first. Hinata, not fully recovered form using the Kaiten, had no way of defending herself.

     “U…” the double cried as a it got down in its hands and kicked straight up at Hinata’s jaw. The force of the blow sent Hinata a few inches into the air.

     “Zu…” said the next bunshin as a similar kick hit Hinata’s left arm.

     “Ma…” another cried, kicking at Hinata’s right side.

     “Ki…” the last charging double said as it sent its kick into Hinata’s back. This kick sent Hinata farther into the air, where the real Naruto had leapt up and was waiting.

     “Naruto Rendan!” he cried, as he swung his foot back to land one final kick, flipping Hinata and sending her plummeting back to the stump head-first. But Naruto wasn’t done yet. Two final bunshin ran toward Hinata, their hands held palm-out. They each sent an open handed hit right into the real Hinata’s belly.

     “Hinata Version!” they cried as their blows struck.

----------

      ;Kashghyu N’ga couldn’t tell if the pain she felt in her head was due to the attack from her enemy, or from the deluge of memories suddenly flooding it.

     As the boy in her form attacked, her mind filled with images of him, in his real shape, fighting with the other shee’nobie. The boy with the dog. She watched him get up, despite his enemy’s ferocity. She heard his declaration that he would not give up. That he would become his land’s greatest Shinobi. She remembered the feeling of admiration that welled up in her during that battle as he tricked his enemy into attacking his own partner. A faith in the boy that didn’t waver, even when his sole reason for winning was a fortunately timed bout of flatulence. She saw him finish off the ninja Inuzuka Kiba with the very move he was using on her that very moment.

     In the present, the final two doubles’ strike sent Kashghyu skidding along the Plaza, bouncing and spinning until her momentum was lost. She lay there for a second, before using what she could of her strength to get onto her knees. As she did, more memories clutched at her mind. A boy, who resembled her. A battle she knew she couldn’t win. A battle she continued to fight anyway.

     “I don’t quit… and I won’t run!” she had declared, “I won’t… take back… my words. That… is my
Nindô!”

     Kashghyu held her head, tears flowing from her eyes as the pain in her head grew worse.

     “Damn you…” she hissed between sobs. Naruto didn’t respond.

     “Damn… you…” Naruto tentatively approached the girl. He stopped when her head suddenly shot up and looked him right in the eyes.

     “Damn you, Naruto-kun!!” Hyuga Hinata screamed, “Stop making me remember!!!”