Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Girls Like it When... ❯ Ch 1 - You Save Animals ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto…
 
Girls Like it When…
The Ultimate Guide to Becoming More Than Friends
 
Chapter 1: Girls Like it When You Save Animals
 
Animals are a quick way to a girl's heart, however, buying animals does not work as well as saving their lives. For some strange, unknown reason, most women find saving even the most meek and unusual creature from death to be admirable.
Following the event, loud and childish “Aww's” are usually heard and, in some cases, mobs offering hugs of congratulations and happiness may occur. As an added bonus, the girl may be presented with animal, most likely causing high pitched variations of “Oh, it's so cute!”
Saving animals can be used not only as a way of meeting potential interests, but also as a way of furthering relations with already known girls.
WARNING: Saving large animals does not have the same effect as smaller animals.
 
Sai had returned home from the library and quickly read the short first chapter. After rereading it twice he closed the book and decided to head the advice of the book. He first decided that he would have to wait until their next mission as Team Kakashi, but quickly dismissed the idea. He was sure that Sakura was doing some task for the Hokage at the moment. He could follow her and, when he had the chance, save some animal. It was decided; he went out to find her.
Sai's presumption was right; Sakura was in the Hokage's office being yelled at by the Hokage. Sai stood just outside of the highest window listening to the Hokage scream for a reason he had yet to understand. Finally, he heard that Sakura was to retrieve this month's log from the Village gates, over 200 pages worth of people leaving and entering; this was his chance.
He waited as Sakura left the office and finally made her way out to the streets towards the Village gates. Sai tailed her, but, trying to keep a constant look out for at-danger animals within Sakura's view, he was forced to simply walk nonchalantly on the other side of the road. As they walked parallel he had hoped that she would not see him. As he took his first look over at her, however, Sakura was waving at him and calling him over. Spotted, Sai walked over to Sakura. “Hey Sai, wanna come with me to the gates?
His eyes on the floor, Sai simply nodded. Although the look on Sakura's face was not the same one he had seen in his dreams, he could not look up at it without staring. The walk was quiet for the most part. Sakura would say something or ask a question, but Sai would not respond; his attention focused on every animal in sight, “Come on… come on…” he coaxed under his breath.
Finally they reached the village gates and retrieved the logs. Both Sai and Sakura held a large stack of papers in both hands. During their return trip, Sai found it hard to keep his eye on the many animals surrounding them due to the obstruction of papers that rose to his lips. There was little time left, however, and Sai had to find something quick.
As Sai started to worry that the plan would fail, he saw his opportunity. His eyes lit up as he notcied a small animal run into the street and freeze in the path of an oncoming cart. The cart was full of food and being pulled by a merchant that seemed to be in a hurry.
“Sakura!” Sai wailed out so that she would certainly be watching as he saved this animal. Sakura turned her head just in time to see Sai disappear, the stack paper in his hands tossed carelessly to the ground. Sai reappeared over the frozen animal just as the merchant was about to unknowingly run over it, grabbing the animal and jumping out of the way. Shock ran through the merchant's body and, at the sight of Sai, he tried to stop. This caused his cart of food to be tipped over and its contents spilled all over the road. Sai, triumphant, returned to Sakura with the animal in his hand. “Here Sakura, I saved its life. You take it.” Sai held the animal up to Sakura's shaking face. Before her, held by the long pink tail, was a large, dirty rat.
The rat's body tossed and its little rat-voice clicked only inches from Sakura's face as it tried in vain to escape from its captor. Sakura let out a loud yell and threw her stack of papers in the air, hitting Sai's hand. The force caused Sai to release the rat and he watched as it landed and scurried away, still alive, into the crowd of people in the road. Sai's plan had failed.
When Sai looked back at Sakura she was looking around for any sign of the rat. Shaking and obviously, to anyone but Sai, terrified she held one foot off the ground. “Did you see me save that animal?” Sai asked as Sakura eyed the floor; he ducked.
“YOU SAVED A RAT!” Sakura yelled after she had unsuccessfully swung at him. Two feet on the ground, she looked at Sai as if killing him was the only thing on her schedule today. Sai backed up a few steps as he tried to mumble what seemed to be his reasoning or, better yet Sakura thought, an apology for his idiotic behavior. Sakura cut him off, “JUST LEAVE!” Taking one last sweeping look for the rat she bent down to pick up the papers that had been scattered on the dirty ground. Sai too bent down to pick up some papers but was met with another loud, “LEAVE!” from Sakura.
Disappointed, he turned and headed back to his home. He took one last glimpse over his shoulder to see that the merchant's overturned food had landed on some of the papers he had been carrying. He decided it best if he walked faster. That plan had failed but, luckily, that was only the first chapter; he had plenty more to go.