Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Good Stuff ❯ Good Stuff ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Good Stuff
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or the song Good Stuff.
 
A/N: Good whatever everyone! {Morning, evening, afternoon, whatever it is wherever you are!} But this is another songfic that I really wanted to write. The song is sung by Kenny Chesney. And for those of you who are wondering YES I AM A COUNTRY MUSCI FANATIC! Anyone who knows me will testify to it. But I really like this song and I think it's really sweet. So I'm gonna shut and let you enjoy on of my favorite songs!
(Story my writing)
(Song)
(Both)
__________________________________________________________ ______________
Kiba looked over at the woman standing beside him dressed in white smiling at all of their guests. He and this beautiful green-eyed girl had just joined their lives. Or as his father had said last night (after several bottles of sake) He had just signed his life over. But, all he knew was that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Sakura Haruno, now Sakura Inuzuka.
 
 
~6 month later~
Well, me an' my lady had our first big fight,
So I drove around 'til I saw the neon light.
A corner bar, an it just seemed right.
So I pulled up.
 
 
It was a warm summers night, a night where most people are content to stay at home, sitting lazily on the front porch enjoy the company of your family. This was how Kiba had planed to spend his night and possible spend sometime in the cool refuge of his bed room and relieve some of the tension he had built up over the last week. But unfortunately for him, Sakura had apparently had a bad day at the hospital, and when he had tried to make her feel better with a joke or two, what did she do? Blow up in his face, that's what. He still remembered the loud bang of the metal storm door slamming as he had left the house in an angry rage and the sound of Sakura screaming at him.
 
 
He was now walking the streets of Konoha trying to find someone to talk to or someplace he could drown his sorrows. He looked at his watch to see that it was a little after 10 p.m. He looked around to see a small bar with a flashing neon sign that read “Corner Bar Open All Night” Kiba didn't know what it was but he just couldn't walk pass it, so having no where else to be he walked through the front door.
 
Not a soul around but the old bar keep,
Down at the end an' looking half asleep.
An he walked up, an' said: "What'll it be?"
I said: "The good stuff."
 
 
When Kiba entered the bar the only person he saw was an older man with bright yellow hair that was beginning to grey. He was at the other end of the bar sitting on a stool with his head resting on his hand which was propped up on the counter. He opened his eyes and looked at Kiba as he sat down. He lazily got up and walked over to Kiba and asked “What'll if be?” Kiba thought for a moment what would make him feel better right now, sake? Whiskey? Beer? Hell anything would work as long as it took the edge off the pain. “The good stuff” Kiba finally replied deciding to let the bar keeper choose for him but what the barkeeper did surprised him completely.
 
 
He didn't reach around for the whiskey;
He didn't pour me a beer.
His blue eyes kinda went misty,
He said: "You can't find that here.
 
He watched as the barkeeper gave him a look that he had hardly ever seen before. His ocean blue eyes held a rim of tears as he choked out “You can't find that here.”
“Why not? Kiba asked “This is a bar isn't it?”
 
“Yeah it is, but the good stuff is a lot different then what you think it is.” He said taking out a rag to wipe down the counter
 
 
“Well what is it then?” Kiba said, getting testy, all he wanted was to get drunk and forget about Sakura and the stupid fight they had had.
 
'Cos it's the first long kiss on a second date.
Momma's all worried when you get home late.
And droppin' the ring in the spaghetti plate,
'Cos your
hands are shakin' so much.
An' it's the way that she looks
with the rice in her hair.
n' eatin' burnt suppers, the whole first year,
An' askin' for seconds to keep her from tearin' up.
Yeah, man, that's the good stuff.
 
 
Kiba couldn't believe what he had just heard. He thought back to the first time he and Sakura had kissed. Her warm soft body against his, the glorious taste of her mouth on his. He remembered when he had proposed. God, that was embarrassing. Trying to ask the woman you love to marry you, when you find out your dog ate the engagement ring. He thought back to their wedding day. One of the happiest days of his life (except for when his drunken best man decided to give a speech {DAMN YOU SHINO!}). Sakura's bright pink hair covered in rice, laughing at the slightest thing. “Believe me now?” the bar keeper asked giving Kiba a worn smile
 
 
He grabbed a carton of milk an' he poured a glass.
An' I smiled an' said: "I'll have some of that."
We sat there an' talked as an hour passed,
Like old friends.
 
 
Kiba looked up to see the man pouring a glass of milk. He broke out into a toothy grin. “I'll have some of that” Kiba said. The barkeeper looked up at him and poured one more glass. “My name's Naruto Uzumaki.” He said holding out the glass. “Kiba Inuzuka” Kiba replied. The two sat together at talked for a little over an hour about this that and the other. Kiba was laughing at a joke he had just made when out something caught his eye.
 
 
I saw a black an' white picture an' it caught my stare,
It was a pretty girl with bouffant hair.
He said: "That's my Bonnie,
"Taken 'bout a year after we were wed."
 
 
It was a framed picture of a woman with clear lavender eyes and blue hair. He followed Kiba's eyes and said “That's my Hinata about a year after our wedding. She was one hell of a girl.” His eye got a far away look in them as if he were reliving every moment of their life together. “Where's Hinata-chan now?” Kiba asked “Cancer, poor girl fought it as long as she could.” He said lowering his eyes.
 
He said: "Spent five years in the bottle,
"When the cancer took her from me.
"But I've been sober three years now,
"'Cos the one thing stronger than the whiskey
 
 
“I'm sorry” Kiba said taking a sip out of his glass. “Don't be, losing her taught me a hard lesson.” He said as he wiped down the counter again. “What would that lesson be?” Kiba asked confused of his meaning.
 
“Whiskey will mask the pain for a while, but the good stuff is what you get when your sober. Because one thing stronger than the whiskey "Was the sight of her holdin' my baby girl.
"The way she adored that string of pearls,

"I gave her the day that our youngest boy, Earl,
"Married his high school
love."
"An' it's a new tee-shirt saying: 'I'm a Grandpa'.
"Bein' right there as our time got small,
"An' holdin' her hand, when the Good Lord called her up,
"Yeah, man, that's the good stuff."
 
 
Kiba sat still for a moment just staring at his glass. What the hell was he doing here? Why wasn't he at home with Sakura? Because they were arguing over something so stupid. Because he was an idiot. He reached in to his pocket and pulled out a few dollars and threw them on the counter. “Thanks Uzumaki-san, I owe ya one.” He said standing up. “Where ya heading?” Naruto asked “Home” was all he said “Hang on a second son, sit down a sec, I've got a piece of advice for ya.”
 
 
Kiba sat back down slightly annoyed that he was going to be delayed. “What is it?”
 
 
“Listen here boy, I can tell you're similar to me when I was younger. Stubborn hard headed, and a real idiot.” He said, sitting down in front of Kiba and looking him dead in the eye. “You're like me, you have to learn everything the hard way, but I've lived it all already so I'm passing some of it on to you.”
 
 
He said: "When you get home, she'll start to cry.
"When she says: 'I'm sorry,' say: 'So am I.'
"An' look into those eyes, so deep in love,
"An' drink it up.
"'Cos that's the good stuff.
"That's the good stuff.
 
 
Kiba looked at the man sitting in front of him before smiling. “Thanks man, I reallyowe you one.” He said as he ran out of the door. He ran all the way back to his home, and burst through the front door to find his wife sitting in the living room crying into a pillow. She looked up at him a gasped “Kiba!” she yelled as she threw herself on to his chest. He fell to the ground landing hard on his bottom. He wrapped his arms around her and leaned back against the door as Sakura began crying out her apology. “I'm sorry Kiba I'm so sorry”
 
 
“Hush baby, I'm sorry too. But can I ask a question?” Kiba said petting the back of her head. “Yes” she replied leaning back away from him wiping her eyes. “What were we arguing about?” Kiba asked sheepishly. He watched as Sakura thought for a minute before busting out laughing. “I don't know Kiba, I really don't know” she said practically dieing from laugher. Kiba began to laugh to simply because Sakura was laughing. After a few minutes Kiba wrapped his arms around Sakura and held her close to him. They sat together for several minutes, Kiba drifting in and out of sleep. A deep sigh came from Sakura as she spoke “Kiba?”
 
 
“Hm?” he grunted, too exhausted to respond.
 
 
“I need you to do something for me tomorrow.”
 
 
“What would that me Sa-chan?”
 
 
“I need you to clean out the spare bedroom when you get a chance.”
 
 
Kiba let out a groan “Please don't tell me Lord Kazekage's coming here again”
 
 
“Nope, even better” She said flashing him a happy smile.
 
 
“What could be better than Gaara-kun coming? Especially since he was just here two months ago.” He said in a sarcastic tone. It wasn't that he disliked the Sand ninja, it was just he was like a dog defending his territory. He didn't like any foreign man with in twenty feet of his Cherry Blossom.
 
 
“Come on Kiba don't be mean. Sometimes your like a puppy guarding his toy.” Sakura said in a gentle tone. “I was thinking closer to a wolf guarding his mate.” Kiba replied flipping Sakura over on her back. “Kiba wait a second!” She gasped as Kiba slowly began moving his mouth down her neck. “What is it?” He asked, praying his pants didn't split in the next three minutes. “I need you to clean out the spare room because, we have to have room for one more permanent guest.” She said blushing slightly. Kiba thought he was gonna kill her. She stopped him to tell her why she needed, him, to, clean out the spare room for a permanent guest? “Wait a second!” he thought to himself looking down at the woman under him. “Do you mean that.......?”
 
 
“Yes” she whispered “I'm pregnant.” Kiba gave her the dumb-struck puppy look. He was going to be a father. Sakura was pregnant; she was going to have a baby. Before he knew what he doing he had jumped up and given a yell of joy that would have woken the dead. Sakura sat up laughing at his antics. He wrapped his arms around her bringing her up with him and spun her around the room, with Akamaru wriggling around them, Kiba still yelling at the top of his lungs with Sakura laughing to hard to stop him. Suddenly there was a loud knock on the door, followed by angry neighbors and several squads of ANBU bursting through their front door. After apologies and explanations everything finally settled down and Kiba and Sakura finally got to finish what they started.
 
 
The next morning as he left for work, Kiba snuck up behind Sakura and wrapped his arms around her kissing her gently on the neck. As he walked to work, he slipped a note under the door of the Corner Bar that read:
 
 
“Man you were right, that's the good stuff.”
 
 
A/N: FINALLY! I've been working on this fic for forever and a day. Now I can concentrate on Blood of Eternity! YAY! Anyway, please review! Thanks! Oh and before I forget. I did not intend for the ending on “Naruto New Year's Resolutions” I'm sorry! It just sorta happened. But anyway, I hope you like this fic!