Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting Pasts ❯ Ch.1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

...
I moved out of the trees and found myself on the road leading into the village. As I came into sight of the main gates I suddenly thought of the Ichimaru Ramen shop.
-I wonder if it's still open. -I thought to myself. -I guess it wouldn't hurt to find out. -I thought as my stomach let out a low growl.
As I approached the front gate I saw a pair of guards stare up at me. As I reached the gate one of them raised a hand and motioned for me to come over to her.
*We need you name and business before we let you in mister. *she said.
*My name is Hanzo. And I'm simply passing through. *I informed.
*Any family name? A village you're from?*she asked as she wrote down what I had told her so far.
*No, I'm just a wanderer. Just looking for a rest for a day or so. *I lied a little.
*Hm, right. What do you have in your bag there? *she said indicating my rucksack.
I laid it down a on the table before her and unrolled it. The bag itself was a blanket; there was a cold weather cloak, some old food, and lengths of wire.
*What are these for? *she said as she picked up one of the wires.
*Guitar strings. *I answered as I swung my guitar around.
*Ah. Alright, here are your papers. Keep them with you and don't loss them. If you're found with out them you will be considered a spy. Understood? *she explained.
*Understood perfectly. *I replied as I gathered my belongings.
I turned and walked through the main gates of the Hidden Leaf Village.
*My village. *I said in a low voice.
*What was that? *the other guard asked.
*Nothing. Just old memories. *I answered.
He shrugged and I stepped into my present past.
...