Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting Pasts ❯ Ch.6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

...
*He should be all right. He'll just need rest for a while. *the doctor in Sasuke's room informed Tsunade as I looked over the boy's curse seal.
The first stage petal had already dulled to nothing more then a faint outline. I was worried that if this Orochimaru were to come for the boy before the other two stages were removed then the boy maybe lost for good. I also feared that Sasuke's own quest for power and revenge could bring several problems.
-This will be a along two weeks. -I thought with a sigh.
*How long before he can be up and about? *I asked.
*At least three more days. *the doctor replied.
-Three days to get ready. I guess I should get something together for this. -I thought as I looked down on Sasuke.
Two days later.
I was on my way to the hospital because I had heard that Sasuke had finally woken up. I also had a feeling there was something I was not told. So I moved with the restrained haste of a five year old. I soon found myself outside the door to Sasuke's hospital room where raised voices could be heard.
*And how do you expect to defeat him when you can't even walk? *Naruto shouted.
*Ah... Naruto-kun. *Hinata whispered as I stepped in next to her.
I hushed her and kept quiet.
*This is only temporary. And I wouldn't be here if not for you and Orochimaru. *Sasuke retorted.
*Going with Orochimaru and betraying the village was your idea. I was simply trying to help you stop being such an ass! *Naruto spat back.
*I don't need your help idiot. *Sasuke replied.
*Then you would rather be used by that snake and never fulfill your dreams! *Naruto pressed on.
*Shut your face! You don't know anything about me! *Sasuke shouted.
*Please just stop fighting. *Sakura cried (she hadn't seen me yet).
**Stay out of this! **both Naruto and Sasuke shouted causing Sakura to fall back and Hinata to cringe back.
*Okay, okay, that's enough of that. *I said stepping up.
*And who are you? *Sasuke asked with a glare.
*My name is Hanzo. I'm the one that pill drove into the ground. *I answered with smile. *I'm also the one facilitating the removal of your cursed seal. *
*You what?! *Sasuke exclaimed as his hand reached behind his neck to where the second of the three petals was slowly shrinking away.
*Removing your curse. *I repeated.
*But why? How? *Sasuke looked at me stunned.
*It is being removed because it is a power that corrupts ones mind and soul. It reduces your willpower and life for the short promise of strength. How I'm able to is that I have researched countless curses like yours. *I explained.
*But I need that power to destroy my target. *Sasuke tried to explain.
*Wrong. The power you will gain through life should be put toward your now, not some troubled past. What you need to strive for in life is the protection of ones friends, family, and home. Your revenge and hate will burn these things and leave you with nothing but revenge. And what after. Die happy. Not likely. You will twist with the pain knowing what pain you brought to your formers. You will die a sad, angry death. *I explained as I sank into my own thoughts.
*Yow. *Naruto breathed.
I snapped out of my thoughts and looked around the room. Every person except Sasuke looked at me with a strange look of awe (I think). Sasuke was looking into his hands with a face that showed deep thought.
*Well now that that's aside I need to talk to these two alone if you don't mind. *I said indicating the two boys.
*Right. See you latter Naruto, Sasuke. *Sakura said as she stepped from the room.
*Good... bye Sasuke. Go... Good... bye... Nar... Naruto... kun.* Hinata mumbled as she followed Sakura.
*Ah, what did you need to talk with us about? *Naruto asked as he looked up at me.
*Well what else of course? You two are under my charge for the next little while so we need to see what we can do together. *I explained with a grin.
**WHAT?!? **the boys let out with wide eyes and open mouths.
...