Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Head Rush ❯ Sakura Has a Problem Now... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
The Uchiha prodigy turned his attention from Kisame- who quirked a curious eyebrow behind his partner's back- to a door across the room, where the shriek had come from. There was no change on the young man's face, but Kisame could almost feel the Uchiha smirking. The shark ninja decided it was best not to ask. It was the best way to avoid details he didn't want to know.
 
Don't ask, don't tell.
 
A strongly believed, if not written, Akatsuki policy.
 
With his business done with anyway, Kisame took this as time to leave. So with a curt nod to his partner, he was gone. Itachi hid the scroll Kisame had brought to him within the folds of his cloak before proceeding to the door that had drawn his attention. As his hand neared the doorknob, he heard her cry out again.
 
“WHEREVER THE HELL I AM I'M GOING TO-”
 
He watched as the sentence fell from her lips uncompleted when she caught sight of his visage. Her mouth hung open for a long while. He could see her eyes cloud over with confusion as her brow creased, but her gaping mouth changed none even as the emotions flickered over every other part of her.
 
“U…Uchiha… Itachi…?” she whispered after long minutes.
 
A tremor had entered her voice. Well, at least now he wouldn't have to kill her because she was causing too much ruckus. Really, what good would it be to go through the trouble of entering Konoha (a village with a few more than a few grudges against him) and kidnapping her if he was going to have to lop off her head just to shut her up? He looked at her without so much as batting an eyelash.
 
“It seems I won't have to trouble myself with explaining who I am to you, at least,” he spoke thoughtfully.
 
I think I'd remember the ass who drove me into a tree hard enough to make firewood, her Inner Sakura sneered.
 
Sakura would never say it aloud. Her earlier outburst had been bad enough. But she blamed it on the drowsy feeling of just waking up. She was never in her right state of mind when she was tired. But she was wide awake now and fully aware of who she was in the presence of. Another exclamation like that one could cost Sakura her life. If it hadn't already.
 
A question occurred to Sakura's overtaxed mind…
 
What did this man want with someone like her?
 
It didn't seem as though she'd get an answer any time soon. She noticed that his eyes had left her and moved to the window. Without another word, he left the room, being sure to close the door nice and loud and she took it as a warning to stay put. She released a long sigh of relief. She was still alive at the very least.
 
That was good, right?
 
Sakura was none too sure. She became even more concerned as voices from outside filtered into the room. Itachi's she recognized, but the other was foreign to her. She strained her ears to hear what they were saying. It soon became apparent that the voices were too muffled and far away to make out clear sentences, and so she gave up.
 
It was probably for the better she didn't know what Uchiha Itachi would talk about anyway. She sighed as her back fell to the mattress.
 
Could she fall asleep safely? Probably not.
 
But she was tired.
 
 
When Itachi re-entered the room some time later, he found the kunoichi sprawled out on the futon asleep once more. He studied her for a few minutes, his eyes traveling from the strands of her pink hair over the rest of her form, which had been exposed now that she had kicked the sheets off in her sleep.
 
Soundlessly, he turned from her and exited the small room.
 
He idly wondered what thoughts were running through his little brothers mind at the moment. Surely the village had discovered her missing by now. He smiled a little cruelly while he wondered if Sasuke was strong enough to sense the traces of his chakra that would linger in her room. Itachi slid his hands into his cloak, grabbing the scroll Kisame had brought to him and setting it on a small table as he passed it. He also removed the Akatsuki cloak, as he was getting tired of the extra weight on his shoulders.
 
A strange look passed through his eyes when he thought that.
 
For the weight on his shoulders wasn't all physical matter.
 
He chuckled low to himself.
 
“Let's not pity ourselves, Uchiha,” he muttered beneath his breath.
 
And suddenly he was turned around, grasping a small, fragile wrist in his right hand, and in his left was the kunai which he'd snatched from the equally small hand attached to that wrist. Itachi studied the young girl's face. He'd expected her to be scared, or in the very least surprised. But no. She just looked disappointed as she stared down, her forehead creasing as she whispered a curse.
 
Itachi had the suspicion that she'd been more scared getting caught stealing from the cookie jar.
 
Intriguing little girl.
 
And that whole intrigue was what made her a damn lucky little girl too. Even though he was vastly stronger, quicker, and smarter than she, Itachi wasn't keen on being attacked from behind his back. Pushing her back from him roughly, he flicked the kunai into the wall a foot behind her. And smirked.
 
She was wide-eyed now. Slowly, she lifted her fingers to graze over the spot of blood trickling down her earlobe, where the kunai had nicked it precisely.
 
It may have been petty, but it made him feel better. And besides, he liked watching the emotions change on her face because it made the green of her eyes change hues just slightly.
 
The elder Uchiha brother tried to rid himself of the sudden feeling that he was a schoolboy picking on the girl he liked.
 
“I…I masked my chakra, though…” she was whispering, but he could tell it was entirely to herself. She was analyzing the situation in her head. Itachi arched an eyebrow. It wasn't enough explanation for her? That she was a Genin trying to sneak up against a former Anbu captain? “H-how?”
 
He realized the last question was directed at him.
 
His expression was completely impassive as he stared at her. “You were trying to sneak up on a ninja many classes your superior.”
 
She frowned at his answer. Her eyes shifted to a brighter green and he knew that the wheels in her head were turning. And he knew that she knew, while his explanation may have accounted for her failure, it really wasn't the true explanation for why he`d been able too sense her.
 
“Your chakra was very well masked,” he admitted evenly. “But it wasn't your chakra I sensed.”
 
She looked confused. Itachi was amused, but let it not show before her. He walked until he was right in front of her. Bending down to her ear, he very lightly kissed the mark left by the kunai earlier. He felt her tense and could feel the heat starting to spread over her cheeks.
 
“You smell like flowers,” he said and lifted, walking right past her into the next room. He was fairly sure she'd be too shocked to move for a little while.
 
At least long enough for him to use the restroom.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Fallen Seraphim: So… I guess it's off to an alright start. Slaving over correcting the inaccuracies in the third chapter as I type this little A/N. So… until next time I guess. As if I'll ever have anything interesting to say.