Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ How Mortifying... ❯ The Gullibles ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

They all then went their separate ways. As Shikamaru and Choji were exploring the east end, Shikamaru couldn't help but notice a strange colored walnut on the ground. It was purple and completely spherical, unlike the others. Then, just as Choji was about to shout knowing suddenly what it was, it burst and released a foul gas. As the two accidentally inhaled the gas, they suddenly felt very weary and fainted. Sometime after, Neji and Rock Lee were strolling along keeping alert, when Rock Lee said suddenly “I wonder what we will have to do if we get spotted by those ninja””Probably fight them off with taijutsu and run.” Neji said nonchalantly. “Or just break out my Leaf Hurricane and beat them all.” Lee shouted confidently as he launched an accidental Leaf Hurricane at a tree. As it slowly fell, Neji began to scold Lee by shouting how it wouldn't be tough for them to find me and him now that you chopped a tree down. Then Neji glanced at the stump and was amazed to find a stash of pellets in the stump. Lee picked one up as Neji performed a Byakugan to see what was inside them. He then shouted “Lee! Drop it!!!” Lee then dropped it onto the others and they all released a foul gas. Neji and Rock Lee dropped in an instant while Neji mumbled “Lee you idiot…” Not so long after, Kiba and Kankuro were walking through the forest, when Kiba said “We sure aren't finding anything eh?””No joke” Kankuro replied. “I was talking to Akamaru” Kiba replied himself. Then, he realized that Akamaru was no longer beside him. Kiba panicked and ran back through the woods, Kankuro running after him confused. He then spotted Akamaru lying on the ground. After a thorough inspection of his body, Kiba noticed a busted orb in his mouth. Kiba then lifted Akamaru up and found two more on the ground under him. Kankuro then gasped and was about to say something, but the orb exploded and put Kiba to sleep easily thanks to his nose. Kankuro dropped soon after. Not very long after, Sasuke and Naruto were also strutting through the forest, when Naruto got bored. “How bout we throw Kunai at those walnuts hanging over there?” I'd much rather not…” Sasuke said unexcited. Naruto threw two kunai at two walnuts and they dropped. Quite impressed with himself, he did it again. This continued until when Naruto flung another Kunai, it bounced off a bunch of walnuts and dropped and slashed through a strange purple one. Naruto ran over, and when he bent over to get the kunai, he suddenly dropped backwards. Sasuke ran over and knelt at Naruto's side to see him asleep. Then the putrid gas seeping through the purple walnut penetrated Sasuke's nose and Sasuke fell equally as fast as Naruto.