Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ I'm Still Hurting ❯ Kala ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kala obliterated a nearby tree trunk, ripping it out of the ground and crushing it to splinters with her spine. Her kekkai genkai, Shikotsumyaku, was growing stronger every day-as was her recessive DNA sequence, one that gave her coughing fits where she coughed up not only phlegm, but blood.
 
The eighteen-year-old Kaguya frowned slightly at the sight of a nearby bird. As the small winged animal hopped a bit closer, she bent down to a squatting position and held out her hand. The bird hopped onto her hand, and she smiled.
 
“At least you're free, little one,” the grey-haired woman murmured softly. She scratched the top of the blue-feathered animal's head, but then she paused. A sudden burst of chakra appeared around her hand, and when it disappeared, nothing remained of the bird. “Shoot,” muttered Kala, grimacing and standing up quickly. She turned and prepared to run to somewhere where her chakra wouldn't disturb things too much, but before she could take another step, her chakra exploded out of her body. Kala's bones were sent whipping along air and earth, taking down anything in their path; trees, animals, reptiles, rocks-anything.
 
Kala collapsed to the ground, hitting the earth hard on her left side. She covered her head with her hands. “No!” she whispered vehemently. “Fuehrer, where are you when I need you?” Her thoughts then raced to her younger brother, Kimimaro: “Kimimaro, if you can hear me, get away...”

They grey-haired eighteen-year-old whimpered in pain and shock as her spine shot out through her back and whipped through trees fifteen miles away. This was her worst break ever; she didn't know if she would actually make it through. Other times, she'd known that she would live, but this time was...different, as though her body wanted her dead. Blood trickled out of her mouth, then streamed out in a steady flow, almost a gush. As the girl's chakra continued to go berserk, she wondered why she was alive.
 
~
 
“My DNA sequence broke,” she said, looking up at her older brother. He nodded.
 
“Let's get you home,” Fuehrer said, grimacing slightly, his arm around her shoulders. “Kimimaro, we're going home, he called to their younger brother.
 
~
 
When had this all started? Kala wondered. Why had she agreed to activate her Shikotsumyaku, why had she agreed to get herself into a world of pain? Her attack chakra swirled faster and faster, surrounding her in a blue web and pulsating outwards. All of a sudden, bones and blueness exploded outwards, exterminating everything in a fifteen-mile radius and leaving Kala curled up in a ball, trembling on top of an earth pillar that was the only earth remaining on ground level in a fifteen-mile radius.
 
~
 
“Fuehrer! Fuehrer, you idiot! I need help...” Kala's voice trailed off as her chakra began leaking out of her body. She couldn't speak. She needed help, desperately-and Fuehrer was training with Kimimaro!
 
~
 
Steam rose from the crater, more like thick fog. Blood still trickled from Kala's mouth and nose, but the blood was getting less, and the girl' eyesight was fading. She wondered if she was dying. The eighteen-year-old heard screams-no, shouts-from someplace on the outside of the giant crater. She knew she'd heard the sound somewhere, then she realized-ninjas.
 
“What was that, Kakashi-senpai?” she heard a girl's voice as faintly.
 
“Probably someone breaking,” answered someone who sounded like a full-grown man.
 
“It must be bad, dattebayo!” a young boy's voice shouted. Kala winced-his voice hurt her ears. It was overly hyper to her sensitive hearing.
 
“Yeah, it looks like it,” came another boy's voice. The Kaguya heard the four jump into the crater her chakra had made as her consciousness slipped away.
 
It might have been the last time. She didn't know.